Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmaPolice

DraftKings Week 3

53 posts in this topic

Final (well almost unless we get some late news) cash lineup:

Wentz - just can't help thinking he is the value play at QB, Philly can't run the ball so they are going to throw and so far, so good.

Ajayi and Henry - Ajayi practiced fully today after a rest day Wednesday, not worried about the questionable tag. Henry looks to see plenty of volume and Hyde tore up the Seahawks last week and Henry is another bruiser back.

Adams, Allen, Higgins - All should be highly targeted, i think at least one of the other GB WR's sit if not both.

Doyle - Should be the highly targeted safety valve for the young QB.

Gordon - A little worried on the late add to the injury report, put him in the flex in case I need to pivot off.

Eagles

@chasyone - I thought about it more and I would assume that the smaller and smaller the %of payouts get, the more it might have to start looking like a gpp LU.  Ie 50/50 you have to beat 50% of the field, and I think 2x is more like 60%.  Gpps usually pay out the top 20% or so, and it matters a lot if you place right at the cash line or #1.   So if you are entering something like you said - a 14 team league that pays the top 3, that is the top 20% of LUs, so you might want something with a little more pop than your cash LU if you typically don't double up with players on a team. 

All that said, competition comes into play, so if your buddy league isn't that competitive and you have cash there a few times you should be fine. 

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

@chasyone - I thought about it more and I would assume that the smaller and smaller the %of payouts get, the more it might have to start looking like a gpp LU.  Ie 50/50 you have to beat 50% of the field, and I think 2x is more like 60%.  Gpps usually pay out the top 20% or so, and it matters a lot if you place right at the cash line or #1.   So if you are entering something like you said - a 14 team league that pays the top 3, that is the top 20% of LUs, so you might want something with a little more pop than your cash LU if you typically don't double up with players on a team. 

All that said, competition comes into play, so if your buddy league isn't that competitive and you have cash there a few times you should be fine. 

Yea last week I scored 127 and finished 5th

$1 pick em

Carr Bell Ajayi Green Benjamin Freeman Anderson Crowell

$3 gpp

Rogers Anderson McCaffrey Adams Cooper Sanu Ebron Monty KC

12 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

$1 pick em

Carr Bell Ajayi Green Benjamin Freeman Anderson Crowell

$3 gpp

Rogers Anderson McCaffrey Adams Cooper Sanu Ebron Monty KC

Good luck here too!  Any luck with the pick'ems so far??

My cash LU as of this second is:  Cousins - Bell/Hunt/TyMont - Alshon/Sanu/Higgins - Cook - Carolina.  Still not 100% sure  on those WRs/TE, and will probably pivot off Alshon if it looks like Jenkins is starting.   Doing mostly H2Hs now and trying that out. 

I have 10 low $ gpps going.  30% have Gilly/White/NE, 30% have McCaff/Stewart/Car, and 30% have Kelce/Ertz.  A couple have a combo of those ideas. 

Edited by KarmaPolice

12 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Good luck here too!  Any luck with the pick'ems so far??

My cash LU as of this second is:  Cousins - Bell/Hunt/TyMont - Alshon/Sanu/Higgins - Cook - Carolina.  Still not 100% sure  on those WRs/TE, and will probably pivot off Alshon if it looks like Jenkins is starting.   Doing mostly H2Hs now and trying that out. 

I have 10 low $ gpps going.  30% have Gilly/White/NE, 30% have McCaff/Stewart/Car, and 30% have Kelce/Ertz.  A couple have a combo of those ideas. 

Did 4 / .25 pick ems last week and cashed in 3 for $2.75 which is technically success.

Good luck all!!

My 5  $.25 PGA/NFL contests cashed for $3.25--- too bad my other lineups cost me $10

The bad thing about doing two sites or two LUs is as one does well the other doesn't.  Tonight I was leading all my H2Hs on FD and behind all my H2Hs on DK.  I think I ran into well over 1/2 of my 20 contests over there that had Cousins as QB, so a lot of those caught up, but I have Cousins on DK so now I am ahead of all my H2Hs there besides a couple and caught up to the 2x lines.  Big decision that cost me big on DK was between R.Matthews that the IVC kept giving me and going with Higgins for a ppr floor.  :bag:

Overall should still be a winning day.  I think I am up about $10 on DK and up about $25-30 on FD. 

1 person likes this

Seeing some stuff on twitter that DraftKings is raising their rake.  What was it?  What is it now?

4 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Seeing some stuff on twitter that DraftKings is raising their rake.  What was it?  What is it now?

Both sites take 10% but DKs rake goes down as the buy-in price goes up. Only 5.6% for the highest buy-in. Hopefully they are just going to a straight 10%.

One of the podcasts I listen to said that one of the main big money pros played 149 Brissett LUs in the Millionaire maker on Sunday. 

10 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Both sites take 10% but DKs rake goes down as the buy-in price goes up. Only 5.6% for the highest buy-in. Hopefully they are just going to a straight 10%.

No their rake is up to 16% now, and even though they are supposed to be separate companies, fanduel matches all the rake increases, it's ridiculous. 

The rake has not been at 10% for years, but is really where it should be if they care about building a sustainable industry, which obviously neither DK or FD do.

The calculation also slightly depends on how you calculate it.  For example in this week's millionaire maker, the prize pool is $4.25 million and if it fills completely they will collect $5 million. 

I view that as a tournament where you contribute $17 to the buy in and $3 as rake.  To me, 3/17 is 17.6% rake, others view it as rake out of the total buy in, in which case 3/20 would be a 15% rake, either way it is exorbitant.  Their lower priced contests have gotten even worse, and they keep increasing rake trying to pay off investors and make up for past mistakes.   They are making more than enough with current margins to be profitable if properly run. 

Even in poker the rake rarely exceeds 10%, DFS in its current form is not sustainable.  A comparable tournament in online poker would have a $20 + $2 buy in, with $20 going to the prize pool and $2 towards the rake. 

Edited by GreenNGold