What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Graham - drop, stash, or hold? (1 Viewer)

BDole

Footballguy
Hey guys,

I have Graham on my team for TE with no backup and have to make the decision to either drop him and picking someone else to replace him, stash him (in case the Seahawks remember he used to be really good until they signed him), or just ride it out.   He's supposed to have a really good year but I can't tell if he's just off to a rough start or if there's a deeper issue (not sure what "banged his ankle means, but if they're considering having him out a week, probably a bit worse than he's admitting to).

Anyone have any thoughts on Graham?

Not sure if any of my team information is important for this question but here it is all the same:

League info:

Point System: 1/2 PPR

Size:  10 Team

League Type:  Increasing Keeper/Dynasty League (kept 4 this year, keep 5 or 6 next year)

Starters:

QB:  Aaron Rodgers

RB:  Todd Gurley

RB:  Terrance West

WR:  Demaryius Thomas

WR: Tyreek Hill

TE:  Jimmy Graham

Flex:  Emmanuel Sanders

Def:  Texans

K:  Matt Bryant

Bench:

RB's:  Ameer Abdullah, Samje Perine, Chris Carson

WR's:  Mohamed Sanu, Randall Cobb, Kenny Golladay

Bench: 1 spot available (thanks, Coleman!)

IR: David Johnson, Corey Coleman

I would hold on to him. Has no trade value...well, name value, of course...but someone would be sure to pick him up off waivers so don't drop him. See if guys like Doyle, Witten, Watson, or Henry are available as they are getting lots of targets. Evan Engram may be a nice flier for a week and long-term as well in your keeper league.

I have him and am holding.  Gonna drop my wr 5 for ebron or Doyle and start them until Jimmy shows me something I think. Doesn't help that he's also hurt and sea offense is putrid

Without knowing what is on your waiver wire it is impossible to say.
Understandable.  The following are available on the waiver wire:

Jason Witten (who is my number 1 request, though I'm 9th on the waiver wire . . . doubt I'll get him)

Jesse James (not sure if I should be concerned with him possibly be injured though.  Good showing week 1, though might be TD dependent)

Evan Engram

Gerald Everett

Seth DeValve

David Njoku

Benjamin Watson

Zach Miller

Virgil Green

Realistically, most of those would a suitable replacement at Graham's current output.  What do you guys think?  Do you like any of these TE's or would you play Graham over any of these?  Almost seems like I could pick anybody up at this point.   

I'd stash him but would rank them Watson, Witten, Engram, James, Miller, Everett, Njoku, DeValve and Green

Seattle offense has started slow the last couple of years.  I think dropping Graham now is too hasty.  I have him as my only TE in a league, and I'll be looking to pick up anyone I can (Ebron, Engram, Watson) to start for the next week or two.  Don't drop him yet.  

Flacco loves throwing to his TE's. Watson had a week one anomaly but week 2 is more indicative of what his usage should be going forward.  Witten has started out hot but I doubt that he continues that pace.

Users who are viewing this thread