What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

Usual21

Footballguy
Hey everyone, 

In my main League I am currently 0-2 with easily the worst running backs in the league. I'm starting Lamar Miller and Bilal Powell with Jonathan Stewart on the bench. I threw out a feeler that Antonio Brown might be available for the right price, and offers started flowing in. 

Here are some of the best ones:

ABrown/Stewart for AJ Green/Mike Gillislee/Devante Parker 

AB/Stewart for Dez/Reed/JamesWhite 

AB/Stewart for Dez/CJ Anderson/Clay

AB/Stewart for Keenan Allen/Chris Carson 

Do I pull the trigger, and if so, on which deal? 

Or do I stay put?

TIA 

Wow, interesting mix of trade offers. I would consider the first trade for AJ Green, Mike Gillislee, and DeVante Parker. But that's mostly because the best player that you're receiving in any of those deals is A.J. Green. It's still not a trade I would take. I don't know if Gillislee is necessarily helping you at the RB position. But I'm not really a fan of any of those trades on the whole.

I like this deal the best.  Green is a good buy low candidate and Parker is the real deal.  He's going to be Cutlers favorite target very shortly.  Also, Gillislee's TD potential helps you get away from having to start Powell *puke*. 

Dez just isn't as good as people think he is.  Reed gets sidelined with hiccups, and White is the very definition of can't trust week to week.  No thank you on this deal. 

Gives you a better RB for sure, but a big hit at WR.  Curious what your other WRs are and who your TE is - is Clay a throw in? Doubt he'd be of any use to you unless you just lost Olsen or something.  

Guy is trying to sell the hype on Carson.  I'm drinking some of that KoolAid myself in a couple leagues, but I need to see more from him before I'd give AB up.  No deal here. 

I'd consider Deal 3 since it helps you the most at RB (depending as I said on who it leaves you with at WR, and who your TE is).  I get the sense that Clay is just a player thrown it to make the offer look bigger than it really is.  If Clay is worthless to you then counter back with another player from him, because Dez/Anderson isn't enough on its own.  

As it stands I'd take Deal #1, but I wouldn't do it until I firmed up #3's offer a little more. Better yet though, I'd go make offers to the owners of Freeman, Hunt, Gordon, even Zeke or Bell if they've got depth and see if you couldn't pull off something like AB/Stewart for Zeke/Maclin. 

Like the rest said, go with #1. Know Gillislee may not continue his numbers, but he's sure getting the workload. 

The only other good option is CJ Anderson if you think he can put up RB1 numbers. He looked good this week, but has yet to show any consistency in this league.

The other offers won't get you the RB help you need.

the first deal is very fair, and there is potential that you can flat out win that trade depending on what parker does this year... somewhat rare as usually the guy selling the bet player in the deal isnt winning the trade

I like this deal the best.  Green is a good buy low candidate and Parker is the real deal.  He's going to be Cutlers favorite target very shortly.  Also, Gillislee's TD potential helps you get away from having to start Powell *puke*. 

Dez just isn't as good as people think he is.  Reed gets sidelined with hiccups, and White is the very definition of can't trust week to week.  No thank you on this deal. 

Gives you a better RB for sure, but a big hit at WR.  Curious what your other WRs are and who your TE is - is Clay a throw in? Doubt he'd be of any use to you unless you just lost Olsen or something.  

Guy is trying to sell the hype on Carson.  I'm drinking some of that KoolAid myself in a couple leagues, but I need to see more from him before I'd give AB up.  No deal here. 

I'd consider Deal 3 since it helps you the most at RB (depending as I said on who it leaves you with at WR, and who your TE is).  I get the sense that Clay is just a player thrown it to make the offer look bigger than it really is.  If Clay is worthless to you then counter back with another player from him, because Dez/Anderson isn't enough on its own.  

As it stands I'd take Deal #1, but I wouldn't do it until I firmed up #3's offer a little more. Better yet though, I'd go make offers to the owners of Freeman, Hunt, Gordon, even Zeke or Bell if they've got depth and see if you couldn't pull off something like AB/Stewart for Zeke/Maclin. 
Thanks for a great response! My TE's are currently Gronk/Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just offered Keenan Allen/Chris Carson for AB. All depends if Carson takes the job and runs with it (pun, not intended)

Usual21 said:
Thanks for a great response! My TE's are currently Gronk/Graham
In that case I'd throw Deal #3 out the window, as you obviously have no use for Clay. 

First thing I would do if I'm you, is find the deepest person at RB in your league, and see if he'd be willing to trade his top RB for Brown in a 2 for 2 type deal.  

If that cant work then I'd take Deal #1

Users who are viewing this thread