What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading for Le'Veon Bell (1 Viewer)

ATB

Footballguy
12 team, PPR, 5 pt bonus for 100+ yards (not all-purpose).

The Bell owner in my league is now the only team to start 0-2 and I'm sensing a little desperation. He has Bell AND Zeke but is weak at WR (has Cooks, Adams, Martavis, Snead, Tyrell Williams). 

I'm 1-1 and have Freeman, Murray, CMC, Coleman, Henry at RB and I have Nuk, Hill, Watkins, Kupp at WR.

I'm looking to make a fair offer to try to snag Bell from him while his chips are down. 

What do you think it would take?

Freeman + Coleman + Nuk?

Freeman + Hill?

Could I get a WR back in return? Something like Freeman + Nuk for Bell + Martavis?

Would love some help on this. Just don't wanna overpay. 

his WRs aren't that bad, just underperforming because of Cooks, and Snead on suspension.  Have you talked to him about his situation and how he's feeling?  If I'm him right now I'm not desperate enough at 0-2 to sell my best player yet.  

However, it never hurts to try and make an offer on the chance that he does want a little shakeup.  It's all going to depend on how he views Martavis and Nuk though.  I'd start with an offer of Murray, Henry, and Nuk for Bell and Martavis, and see what he says.  He may see Nuk/Martavis as a wash, so it's a downgrade at RB to him with no benefit, but you need to find that out.  I think if he comes back with Bell + Williams for that trio I'd do it though just to acquire Bell. 

I wouldn't do it without getting a WR back though.  Just giving up one of yours without getting one in return would leave you way too thin at WR. 

If I were him, there is nothing you could offer me that would make me do it. Cooks, Snead and Adams are all great buy-low candidates, and I'd hang on to them. And did you see the game Martavis just had?

his WRs aren't that bad, just underperforming because of Cooks, and Snead on suspension.  Have you talked to him about his situation and how he's feeling?  If I'm him right now I'm not desperate enough at 0-2 to sell my best player yet.  

However, it never hurts to try and make an offer on the chance that he does want a little shakeup.  It's all going to depend on how he views Martavis and Nuk though.  I'd start with an offer of Murray, Henry, and Nuk for Bell and Martavis, and see what he says.  He may see Nuk/Martavis as a wash, so it's a downgrade at RB to him with no benefit, but you need to find that out.  I think if he comes back with Bell + Williams for that trio I'd do it though just to acquire Bell. 

I wouldn't do it without getting a WR back though.  Just giving up one of yours without getting one in return would leave you way too thin at WR. 
Murray and Henry because Freeman and Coleman are too much are not enough?

If this was my team, I wouldn't panic yet and I wouldn't be looking to move anyone.

If I were you I would find out if he is ready to shake it up, if he is standing pat I wouldn't even make an offer yet. If he falls to 0 - 3 I would offer him Nuk, and his pick of the Falcons running game or Titans. I wouldn't ask for a receiver back, unless it is to balance out the 3 -1 trade and then I would ask for Williams.

If this was my team, I wouldn't panic yet and I wouldn't be looking to move anyone.

If I were you I would find out if he is ready to shake it up, if he is standing pat I wouldn't even make an offer yet. If he falls to 0 - 3 I would offer him Nuk, and his pick of the Falcons running game or Titans. I wouldn't ask for a receiver back, unless it is to balance out the 3 -1 trade and then I would ask for Williams.
Thanks for the reply. Do you think I become really weak at WR, though, if I deal Nuk and get nothing in return?

I'd love to have Bell, but then I'd only have Hill, Watkins and Cooper Kupp as my WR corps and whatever scraps I can get off waivers. 

Thanks for the reply. Do you think I become really weak at WR, though, if I deal Nuk and get nothing in return?

I'd love to have Bell, but then I'd only have Hill, Watkins and Cooper Kupp as my WR corps and whatever scraps I can get off waivers. 
I think that leaves you thin, but depends on what is on waivers. You really have to ask yourself what scores you more points. Bell and a waiver guy, or Atlanta guys and Nuk?

ATB said:
Murray and Henry because Freeman and Coleman are too much are not enough?
It's either the Atlanta run game, or the Titan run game.  I like the Atlanta one slightly better, so I'd offer him the Titan backfield.  But as msudaisy said (much more concisely than I could have), I don't think he's ready to panic yet.  He shouldn't be yet.  I'd be fine with offering him Nuk and either backfield though, if you wanted to make him feel better.  Sometimes it helps to offer a "Player X, + either A or B" type deal and let them choose.  Cuts down on the countering and helps put them at ease because they had a choice

Users who are viewing this thread