Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Megla

Well that sucked, Irma kicked me in the

24 posts in this topic

A$$

Home had 10 inches of standing water so we are displaced for at least 16 weeks.

No one was hurt so there is that, going to be a long road back to normalcy.

A look at my area on Monday at around 10am, 3.5 hours before high tide when we got another 4 feet of storm serge

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5da5ef3n8oh988d/AABalbmE4M1O5gMycF9Q-w4ea?dl=0

1 person likes this

OOOOOOf.  Sorry to hear this, GB.

I hated to move off of the beach to a few miles inland but after Matthew last year and now Irma, I feel lucky to have done so.

3 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

OOOOOOf.  Sorry to hear this, GB.

I hated to move off of the beach to a few miles inland but after Matthew last year and now Irma, I feel lucky to have done so.

St Johns River is what got us

How are you insurance-wise and such? If you need assistance, please don't hesitate. We can help!

1 minute ago, Mr. Ected said:

How are you insurance-wise and such? If you need assistance, please don't hesitate. We can help!

Only thing I could ask for is time, going to have to live in a temp home for 12-16 weeks while work gets done but I have found a home owner willing to rent month to month at a reasonable price and should be completely out by this Sat. with the majority of furnishings not damaged going to storage till we can get back home.

Thanks for offering though!

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Megla said:

I figured.  Storm surge was rough in Cocoa Beach too, my wife works at a beachfront hotel, they're just re-opening today after minor flooding and massive power issues.

So sorry to hear Megla. Glad everyone was safe at least. 

3 people like this

Good luck, i have an extra room in sunny so cal if you want to get away :hifive:

I wish you a speedy recovery and everything goes back to normal soon.

1 person likes this

Sucks. I hope everything gets back to normal for you asap. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, sbonomo said:

Good luck, i have an extra room in sunny so cal if you want to get away :hifive:

Sounds dreamy, but alas there's work to be done here.

Sorry man. Good luck in getting back to normal as soon as possible.

Edited by cap'n grunge
1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

I figured.  Storm surge was rough in Cocoa Beach too, my wife works at a beachfront hotel, they're just re-opening today after minor flooding and massive power issues.

I'll be working from Palm Bay to Titusville tonight, a couple of my stores are across the street from the beach in Indialantic and Cocoa Beach...how far did the surge reach? Both stores are on A1A...

Id shuffle my schedule and do that route tomorrow, but my other option tonight is Ft Myers. :loco:

Edited by Wingnut

1 hour ago, Megla said:

Riverside area? The pics out of Metro park were insane. Sorry to hear.

ETA - For those not in the area, even though it is called Riverside, houses/streets flooded that had never flooded before.

Edited by JaxBill

22 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

So sorry to hear Megla. Glad everyone was safe at least. 

this... all the best- stay safe and good luck with the rebuilding.

if you need any architectural advice- feel free (not licensed in FL).

14 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Riverside area? The pics out of Metro park were insane. Sorry to hear.

ETA - For those not in the area, even though it is called Riverside, houses/streets flooded that had never flooded before.

San Marco Blvd

Metro Park?

All of the pics/videos I linked are from San Marco Blvd

Edited by Megla
1 person likes this

That's rough.  Sorry man.  My SIL lives in Jax, 5 blocks off the river in the Five Points section, her house did not get flooded, but people on the next street closer did.

1 minute ago, Mjolnirs said:

That's rough.  Sorry man.  My SIL lives in Jax, 5 blocks off the river in the Five Points section, her house did not get flooded, but people on the next street closer did.

Yea, Riverside was hit pretty hard as well.

6 minutes ago, Megla said:

San Marco Blvd

Metro Park?

All of the pics/videos I linked are from San Marco Blvd

Sorry, I meant pics on the news from Riverside Ave area.  Like the pic beginning of slideshow at bottom here.

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/hurricane-irma/jacksonville-mayor-hurricane-irma-is-here

San Marco was going to be my second guess.

Yeah, I went to Beer30 San Marco Saturday to show my support. Most of the other businesses around them were still trying to dry out.

Just now, JaxBill said:

Sorry, I meant pics on the news from Riverside Ave area.  Like the pic beginning of slideshow at bottom here.

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/hurricane-irma/jacksonville-mayor-hurricane-irma-is-here

San Marco was going to be my second guess.

Yeah, I went to Beer30 San Marco Saturday to show my support. Most of the other businesses around them were still trying to dry out.

Oh, my bad, yea everything from the 95 overpass to the Square on San Marco Blvd looks like a war zone right now.

It's even worse once the smell of mold sets in.  Half of Houston just plain stinks now.

Glad you'll be okay.

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

It's even worse once the smell of mold sets in.  Half of Houston just plain stinks now.

Glad you'll be okay.

Currently smells like a bait shop

1 hour ago, Wingnut said:

I'll be working from Palm Bay to Titusville tonight, a couple of my stores are across the street from the beach in Indialantic and Cocoa Beach...how far did the surge reach? Both stores are on A1A...

Id shuffle my schedule and do that route tomorrow, but my other option tonight is Ft Myers. :loco:

Apparently up and over the dunes in spots (if you know CB, that's a loooooong way) but I don't think the ocean touched A1A.  I believe the flooding in the hotel was confined to a few structures just beyond the dunes (beachfront bar, etc.)

This was shot before it got really rough (after nightfall) and it's already to the dunes.  Also, at about 0:07 into the video, when the camera is pointing south, you can see a gray building in the distance (not the dingy motel in the foreground or the two-tone brown/beige one in middle distance) - that's the building I lived in until a couple years ago.  My car was parked underground in the garage :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcpgKQXT7k4

Edited by Evilgrin 72
1 person likes this

Damn.  As others have already posted--thank god that you and your family are safe. I wish you the best in your path back to normality when it comes to restoring your home and trying to replace some of the material and sentimental possessions.