What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Well that sucked, Irma kicked me in the (1 Viewer)

OOOOOOf.  Sorry to hear this, GB.

I hated to move off of the beach to a few miles inland but after Matthew last year and now Irma, I feel lucky to have done so.

How are you insurance-wise and such? If you need assistance, please don't hesitate. We can help!
Only thing I could ask for is time, going to have to live in a temp home for 12-16 weeks while work gets done but I have found a home owner willing to rent month to month at a reasonable price and should be completely out by this Sat. with the majority of furnishings not damaged going to storage till we can get back home.

Thanks for offering though!

I figured.  Storm surge was rough in Cocoa Beach too, my wife works at a beachfront hotel, they're just re-opening today after minor flooding and massive power issues.
I'll be working from Palm Bay to Titusville tonight, a couple of my stores are across the street from the beach in Indialantic and Cocoa Beach...how far did the surge reach? Both stores are on A1A...

Id shuffle my schedule and do that route tomorrow, but my other option tonight is Ft Myers. :loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
St Johns River is what got us
Riverside area? The pics out of Metro park were insane. Sorry to hear.

ETA - For those not in the area, even though it is called Riverside, houses/streets flooded that had never flooded before.

Riverside area? The pics out of Metro park were insane. Sorry to hear.

ETA - For those not in the area, even though it is called Riverside, houses/streets flooded that had never flooded before.
San Marco Blvd

Metro Park?

All of the pics/videos I linked are from San Marco Blvd

That's rough.  Sorry man.  My SIL lives in Jax, 5 blocks off the river in the Five Points section, her house did not get flooded, but people on the next street closer did.

Sorry, I meant pics on the news from Riverside Ave area.  Like the pic beginning of slideshow at bottom here.

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/hurricane-irma/jacksonville-mayor-hurricane-irma-is-here

San Marco was going to be my second guess.

Yeah, I went to Beer30 San Marco Saturday to show my support. Most of the other businesses around them were still trying to dry out.
Oh, my bad, yea everything from the 95 overpass to the Square on San Marco Blvd looks like a war zone right now.

I'll be working from Palm Bay to Titusville tonight, a couple of my stores are across the street from the beach in Indialantic and Cocoa Beach...how far did the surge reach? Both stores are on A1A...

Id shuffle my schedule and do that route tomorrow, but my other option tonight is Ft Myers. :loco:
Apparently up and over the dunes in spots (if you know CB, that's a loooooong way) but I don't think the ocean touched A1A.  I believe the flooding in the hotel was confined to a few structures just beyond the dunes (beachfront bar, etc.)

This was shot before it got really rough (after nightfall) and it's already to the dunes.  Also, at about 0:07 into the video, when the camera is pointing south, you can see a gray building in the distance (not the dingy motel in the foreground or the two-tone brown/beige one in middle distance) - that's the building I lived in until a couple years ago.  My car was parked underground in the garage :unsure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcpgKQXT7k4

Damn.  As others have already posted--thank god that you and your family are safe. I wish you the best in your path back to normality when it comes to restoring your home and trying to replace some of the material and sentimental possessions.    

Users who are viewing this thread