What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hunter is here to drink milk and kick a$$ -- and he just finished his milk (1 Viewer)

Of course we're holding, if you drop him it'll be the silliest move you make all year.

I have a request though, can you put Grady Jarrett on next week's milk carton? I'm missing him and I'd like for him to come home to sack town...

Robar said:
Of course we're holding, if you drop him it'll be the silliest move you make all year.

I have a request though, can you put Grady Jarrett on next week's milk carton? I'm missing him and I'd like for him to come home to sack town...
I have him and Dareus on a team. Both guys are killing me.

I have him and Dareus on a team. Both guys are killing me.
Put Darius Philon on your watch list. He's taken Liuget's starting job and played 70% last year. He's athletic and these finally cast it correctly in a 4-3 defense, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 defensive tackle so if you're in leagues that require a DT I would keep a close watch on him. 

DJ Reader in Houston as well but he's just a solid six or seven points a week I think Philon has a much higher ceiling

Put Darius Philon on your watch list. He's taken Liuget's starting job and played 70% last year. He's athletic and these finally cast it correctly in a 4-3 defense, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 defensive tackle so if you're in leagues that require a DT I would keep a close watch on him. 

DJ Reader in Houston as well but he's just a solid six or seven points a week I think Philon has a much higher ceiling
I had Reader on my watchlist already. Good tip on Philon. Thanks!

Perfect example of why you hold your studs through early droughts. Bench them if you must, but don't drop them.

Guy in our league dropped him and I was all too happy to scoop him up this week... and bam.

J Giles Band said:
Perfect example of why you hold your studs through early droughts. Bench them if you must, but don't drop them.

Guy in our league dropped him and I was all too happy to scoop him up this week... and bam.
X2

J Giles Band said:

Of course I was one of the "must" bench him people this week.....hahaha.  I have a plethora of DL (Ingram, Graham, Hunter, Hughes) and can only play two.  So far I have been guessing wrong almost every week.  I also had JPP to start the season so I traded him to help my decision making.  Didn't work.    Looks like I need to trade another one to narrow down my choices...hahaha 

fruity pebbles said:
Back on the milk carton. One of this years biggest IDP disappointments imo.
He is, but at this point, I'm riding and dying with him. If it clicks in the second half for him, I'll nut-shot myself repeatedly for dropping him. I just hope he doesn't cost me a matchup down the road. I might have a different take come playoff time. 

he has been solid this year but took it to another level this week...3rd best all time game by a DL in my league (been around since 2007)...41pts

1 Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs

3.5 Sacked a QB

1 Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent)

6 Tackles

3 Assists

3 Tackles for a Loss

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been a JJ Watt owner in my league since his rookie season.  I felt like I was stealing points from the rest of the league.  Now I've got Hunter paired with Watt for my two starting D-linemen.  They are both more than doubling the worst starter in my league.  With Griffen back on that line I don't see the sacks slowing down from him.

I was confused when I saw the thread title, I was like uh oh another stud named Hunter? 

But like Highlander said, “ there can be only one”. 

Its funny, I grabbed Hunter off the WW in his rookie season, lucky I know. Then held and man that was a great find. 

But since I tooted my own, let me give you a less proud moment. I cut D Lawrence in preseason last year. My d line was deep and I had read he was having back issues and near our cut down for final rosters I cut him. Then got to watch him be a top 3 DE all year and this is dynasty so still watching him tear it up. Honestly one of my biggest blunders as an owner. 

Users who are viewing this thread