What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fan Dual Closes Account and Confiscates Winnings (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
This story is from Reddit.  For those who can't access it, here it is:

I've been using fanduel for years. never really got all that into it, just played little $2-$5 games for ####s 'n giggles. well this last week I hit a decent sized win in one of their featured contests so the pay out was good, not great, but plenty for me to play with the rest of the year.

well this afternoon I get an email saying my account has been permanently suspended. the reason was because I had multiple accounts.. one account was made years ago when DFS first started to gain popularity and I just wanted to see what it's all about. when I was serious about it I made a legit account. the first account associated to my email HAS NEVER BEEN USED. literally not at all. no funds added, no free contests, nothing. well since my old Gmail and new Gmail accounts are linked, it's a ToS violation. 

I want to start by saying I have no objections to the ban. I violated the ToS. it's a bull#### term, but I, intentionally or not, violated it. here's the part that gets me. they didn't have a single issue with me having two accounts for the last 3/4 years while I had a small amount of $ on the account. now that there's a decent amount in there it's a problem. the two Google accounts have been linked since I made the second one so this isn't anything that I just did. the only thing that has changed was the amount of money on my account. they intentionally waited until I had enough money to ban the account. in their email they state, "We have made a determination that your conduct was not intended to obtain a competitive advantage. Accordingly, we have left your primary account [OLD_USER_NAME] active." yet they refuse to let me keep the account with the winnings. if having two accounts was really the issue why does it matter which one I keep?

TL;DR: be careful using fanduel, they'll swindle you out of your money the first chance they get.

I can understand both sides here. If you had 2 accounts you could enter more entries than the limit on some gpps. Its not really a bs term of service imo. It's probably something that has happened already and they have a protocol, and if they let the guy keep his money it sets a precedent for future or perhaps ongoing legal battles with people who have cheated. Perhaps it's not something they look for unless you finish over a certain amount. What I don't understand is why the guy would make another "more serious?" account rather than use the existing login and putting the money in. 

I do think it would be pretty easy to have a prompt like "this email is already linked to an account" upon registration. 

Would you guys report this situation?   Last week I finished 3rd place in a $1 5-person tourney.  I was surprised to see my score of 134 come in 3rd out of 5 so I looked at the 2 teams that beat me.  I was stunned to see that they had the EXACT same lineup.  I get that in large GPPs, it's common to see identical lineups but what are the odds that 2 lineups are the same in a 5 person tourney?  The 5 person tourneys fill up fast so most likely the 2 lineups were submitted within minutes of each?   I'm not sure I see the value in submitting 2 lineups into a 5 person winner take all tourney so I'm doubting my suspicion.

Users who are viewing this thread