What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seriously stuck at QB, please help!! (1 Viewer)

cantstop1999

Footballguy
There's nothing on the waiver wire , I picked up all there was, Siemian, I need to start Dalton at Greenbay , Palmer at home vs Dallas, Siemian at Buffalo or Manning at Philadelphia . Not looking good.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also looked at trades and not looking good. Tylor Eifert is hurt, OBJ hopefully is back ? Jaron Brown is banged up, some things I'm looking at. 

I'm debating between Palmer and Siemian as well. Was Cutler taken already? Thinking about throwing back Siemien for him.

@cantstop1999 just for future reference, you might want to post in the assistant coach sub forum for these kinds of questions. The Shark Pool is more for general discussion

Now, to your question, Siemian is an excellent option this week. Go with him with confidence. 

Siemian over all options. He's passed for six TDs, run for one and all the comments coming from the Denver locker room are overwhelmingly positive. They think they have their QB of the future in him.

Miami shouldn't have to pass too much to beat the Jets. Raiders could have easily had 2 more rush TDs instead of throwing to Crabtree last week.

Siemian over all options. He's passed for six TDs, run for one and all the comments coming from the Denver locker room are overwhelmingly positive. They think they have their QB of the future in him.

Miami shouldn't have to pass too much to beat the Jets. Raiders could have easily had 2 more rush TDs instead of throwing to Crabtree last week.
This is the correct answer as of now.  If I'm the OP I wouldn't really stress out all that much about this unless QBs actually are separated by points a lot.  Most QBs are all going to hovering around that 20 point mark so just pick the one you feel has the best chance at going over it.

Personally I'm shocked by the slow start for dalton, he's better than this, he wasn't bad last year with Eifert and Green out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
cantstop1999 said:
There's nothing on the waiver wire , I picked up all there was, Siemian, I need to start Dalton at Greenbay , Palmer at home vs Dallas, Siemian at Buffalo or Manning at Philadelphia . Not looking good.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also looked at trades and not looking good. Tylor Eifert is hurt, OBJ hopefully is back ? Jaron Brown is banged up, some things I'm looking at. 
Is this serious right now? I have to start Case Keenum right now. I would literally kill someone to have this problem, and I lost my game by 9 points last week because of it.

But to answer your question, Siemian. I have been hoarding him as a back up and and in 2 qb leagues since last year. It is finally paying off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...what?
All his choices are bad.  Siemian is the best option but I don't look for him to have a big day against the Bills.  If he has to choose one of these four to win his matchup, Dalton managing to turn it around with a new coordinator in a shootout with GB is his best bet.  Manning and Palmer have zero shot at a big day.

I'm rolling with Semien unless the news on Bradford is really really good. And I still might roll with Semien until I've seen Bradford survive a whole game of that balky knee. 

All his choices are bad.  Siemian is the best option but I don't look for him to have a big day against the Bills.  If he has to choose one of these four to win his matchup, Dalton managing to turn it around with a new coordinator in a shootout with GB is his best bet.  Manning and Palmer have zero shot at a big day.
That Packers D looks very good. Dalton looks very very bad. 

As an AJ Green owner I'm hoping you're right. 

As a realist I'm thinking this spells disaster - the Packers secondary is hardly a "get-right" game for a struggling QB. 

That Packers D looks very good. Dalton looks very very bad. 

As an AJ Green owner I'm hoping you're right. 

As a realist I'm thinking this spells disaster - the Packers secondary is hardly a "get-right" game for a struggling QB. 
Packers D didn't look like all that in the Falcons game.

I am pessimistic that Dalton can turn things around.  Given the 4 choices the OP gave, Siemian is the right choice for conservative start and Dalton is the right choice for aggressive start.

Packers D didn't look like all that in the Falcons game.

I am pessimistic that Dalton can turn things around.  Given the 4 choices the OP gave, Siemian is the right choice for conservative start and Dalton is the right choice for aggressive start.
The Bengals OL doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Packers OL, and the Packers OL looked super shaky against the Falcons. 

seems to me his choice is Semien for a decent  floor, low ceiling start and Dalton for a horrific start. 

I just don't see how you could call Dalton a potentially strong play under any circumstances until you've actually seen him play anything resembling decent football.

Through two games he has not thrown a touchdown, he's had terrible pocket presence, and his deep ball looks incredibly inaccurate. 

I do think Dalton will bounce back, but not to what we think is his regular floor. They will have some games where they capitalize -- Green is elite, after all, if Eifert is healthy he can be a beast, and both Mixon and Bernard are solid pass catching backs. Not too hard to improve on a truly horrid start to this season.

That said, seems to be something systematically wrong with the Bengals, and I don't think they figure it out in time before they run into the buzzsaw of a Packer team hungry to get back on track. Losing Whitworth and Zeitler clearly mattered for Cincy's line, and opposing D's have done a good job flushing Dalton out of the pocket where he is much more uncomfortable and ineffective compared to when he can stand in one spot. His timing is off which is exacerbated by the fact that he wasn't the most accurate passer to begin with. 

I cut bait on Dalton for Siemian and agree that he's the best of the bunch this week -- I may even be starting him over Mariota given matchup. Siemian will have ups and downs, too, but from what I've seen he is more comfortable operating with the weapons at his disposal, his D will still get him on the field consistently and in good position, and as such, his floor is raised from last year.

I kind of agree. It just sounded funny based on the season so far. He scored negative points week 1.

The Bengals OL doesn't look anywhere near as good as the Packers OL, and the Packers OL looked super shaky against the Falcons. 

seems to me his choice is Semien for a decent  floor, low ceiling start and Dalton for a horrific start. 

I just don't see how you could call Dalton a potentially strong play under any circumstances until you've actually seen him play anything resembling decent football.

Through two games he has not thrown a touchdown, he's had terrible pocket presence, and his deep ball looks incredibly inaccurate. 
October 27, 2013 Bengals beat the Jets in Cincinnati 49-9  19-30/325/5 qbr 125.7

:P

when will the apeman get some respect?
Which one is the apeman?

And yeah, you think you got QB problems? With Luck out, I'd have to turn to Brian Hoyer if I wanted to stop playing Dalton. I would be thrilled to have options like Siemens, Cutler, and Palmer.

Which one is the apeman?

And yeah, you think you got QB problems? With Luck out, I'd have to turn to Brian Hoyer if I wanted to stop playing Dalton. I would be thrilled to have options like Siemens, Cutler, and Palmer.
Simian

Regarding the apeman..

Is BUF's secondary actually good or do they appear stingy vs. QBs because they played against McCown and a one-armed Newton?

I could not start Dalton now.  I need to see him actually throw for a TD this season before it is even considered. 

• Simien at Buffalo.  You will be fine.  As long as you are strong elsewhere.
WRONG. what kind of numbers do you expect? The Bills will be lucky to score a TD,and won't keep the game close..Denver will run run run, to run down the clock all game once they go up by a couple scores.,...Siemian will be lucky to pass for over 250 yards and 2 TD's in this game...

WRONG. what kind of numbers do you expect? The Bills will be lucky to score a TD,and won't keep the game close..Denver will run run run, to run down the clock all game once they go up by a couple scores.,...Siemian will be lucky to pass for over 250 yards and 2 TD's in this game...
I would be fine with those #'s first week I had Dalton, then I picked Bradford up who was then out and forced me to go to his backup keenum, ....ugh

I am just looking for a stable guy right now... Targeting TS

250 yards 2 TD no pick 10 yards rushing.

That's pretty good stats for a QB picked up off waiver wire.  

Start Trev with confidence. He has looked really good so far this year. I don't think that is an accident. Especially since he did great against a Cowboys defense that completely shut down the Giants.

Start Trev with confidence. He has looked really good so far this year. I don't think that is an accident. Especially since he did great against a Cowboys defense that completely shut down the Giants.
Shutting down the Giants doesn't seem like a particularly impressive achievement.

guarantee me 250 and 2 and I'm starting him every week.

Users who are viewing this thread