What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RB would you buy-low on? Joe Mixon or Doug Martin? (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
I play in a 10-team, 2 QB, .5 PPR league. After this weekend, we have one team at 2-0, 8 teams at 1-1, and one team at 0-2. So by no means am I panicking yet but considering some moves to make in the next week or two. 

My roster is as follows:

QB - Cousins, Rivers, Siemian, Palmer

RB - David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, Theo Riddick, James White, Derrick Henry

WR - Michael Thomas, Golden Tate, Stefon Diggs

TE - Jimmy Graham, Hunter Henry

K - Boswell

DEF - Philadelphia

Since it's a 2-QB league, guys that have additional value are QBs and there are some teams with only 2 on their roster (which means they don't have a 3rd to account for bye weeks). Thinking of moving Palmer. Any thoughts on who to target at RB or WR? Considering buying low on Joe Mixon or Doug Martin at RB since that is the position with my biggest need, although I could use some depth eventually at WR. Thoughts?

I'd sell Palmer for either of those RBs if I could.  I'd give the slight edge to Mixon just because of his potential.  At this point we pretty much know what Doug Martin is, and he's not going to be Zeke coming off suspension.  

I'd also see if I could talk the Olsen owner into a Graham or Henry + something for an upgrade at WR.  

Thanks. The Olsen owner doesn't have much at WR. They picked up Witten off waivers. Nobody attempted to pick up Henry off waivers. Jack Doyle, Witten, and Coby Fleener were the TE pickups overnight. His WRs are Doug Baldwin, Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitzgerald, and Danny Amendola.

I'll look into trading for Mixon or Martin. Thanks.

I'd go for WR help before RB help but if you feel you need a RB go for Martin.
The more I think about it....especially if Henry starts to bite into Murray's workload more  is, yes, WR is probably where I could use some help or depth. The owner of the team with Martin and just 2 QBs on his roster has:

QB: Prescott, Dalton; RB: Abdullah, Darkwa, Carson, Martin, Jonathan Stewart, Perine, Tevin Coleman; WR: A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, Devante Parker, Antonio Brown; TE: Delanie Walker; K - Graham Gano; DEF - Cleveland

I would probably sell Trevor Siemian here and try and sell high. I could try and buy low on Green or Dez Bryant. I don't like Dez's schedule and CB matchups this season but they are actually feeding him targets (25 through 2 games). Green is the better talent and the likeliest to turn things around because I think they will get him the ball more now. What about trying something like Siemian/White (or Riddick)/Tate for Green and Martin? 

Yea, Siemien for Green would be a steal, try it first-if he says no, try Bryant and then Parker. Any of them would help you out.

Yea, Siemien for Green would be a steal, try it first-if he says no, try Bryant and then Parker. Any of them would help you out.
So just Siemien straight up for Green? I think that would be a hard sell without giving him a WR in return. I don't want to throw a trade out there that feels like a slap in the face of the owner. The guys in my league are pretty knowledgeable players.

So just Siemien straight up for Green? I think that would be a hard sell without giving him a WR in return. I don't want to throw a trade out there that feels like a slap in the face of the owner. The guys in my league are pretty knowledgeable players.
You really don't have anything but a QB to deal. They might ask for Rivers instead of Siemian and that would still work in your favor.

Users who are viewing this thread