What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shaking up your team vs. staying put? (1 Viewer)

Team Smokin'

Footballguy
Every year I seem to go about this business of adjusting to trends after one to two weeks in. Every year I think I will stay put with the team I drafted. It just never happens.

Yes, I think you've got to watch the heck is going on and perhaps adjust before the ship goes down with mediocrity.

Starting lineup / new trends:

QB: Russell Wilson - not seeing it, patience or move on / eyeing Winston and now Wenz

RB: McCoy - hold steady, last week sucked

RB: Cook - I like his prospects, TD vultured

WR: Nelson - 0 points and injury hurts

WR: D Thomas - all the other "less than" WR"s for DEN score / Looking a D Parker in this position

TE: Eifert - former TD machine injured again, who knows / Witten or Henry

Flex: Gilleslee - in a TD heavy league

K: Lutz / or Tavecchio

D: Denver

I can three new players filling in this week, perhaps 4

What about your team? Any changes to enhance your winning percentage and scoring?

I always chip away at the edges to improve my team in what seems like a no-brainer way. Dump a bench guy for a hot waiver pickup , stream defenses, etc. I try to limit these moves to 2-3 a week max and I don't flip just to flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try and get my teams attention by benching one of my studs.....letting them know that they may be next 

I always chip away at the edges to improve my team in what seems like a no-brainer way. Dump a bench guy for a hot waiver pickup , stream defenses, etc. I try to limit these moves to 2-3 a week max and I don't flip just to flip.
Yes, on the hot waiver wire pickups. Last week I picked up T Cohen, then traded him for D Martin in another league thinking he was the hot commodity and another team bit. Then picked up Chris Carson with the idea that he could be the guy in SEA. We'll see... Looking to acquire D Parker before he breaks out this week. And Hunter Henry, who knows? I may take a stab at him before he breaks out? I did pick up Gilleslee rolling the dice with the crowded NE backfield. So far so good in a TD heavy league.

Streaming D's is another thing I've done the past several years. 

I try and get my teams attention by benching one of my studs.....letting them know that they may be next 
Let me know if that works? ;)  

D Thomas to the bench for me. Catching 5-7 balls for 70 yards and no TD's will not get it done. WR #1 must hit a TD at least every other week to be productive. Edit: Seems Thomas has dropped to WR #2 status now.

Last edited by a moderator:

D Thomas to the bench for me. Catching 5-7 balls for 70 yards and no TD's will not get it done. WR #1 must hit a TD at least every other week to be productive. Edit: Seems Thomas has dropped to WR #2 status now.
SEND A MESSAGE 

In my many years playing I have never started off 0-2

feels pretty bad

but there is still time to turn it around

Smith/Wilson

Bell/Fournette/Ingram/DMartin/Coleman

Jordy/Demarious / thielen/Snead/Agholor

Kelce/Ebron

In my many years playing I have never started off 0-2

feels pretty bad

but there is still time to turn it around

Smith/Wilson

Bell/Fournette/Ingram/DMartin/Coleman

Jordy/Demarious / thielen/Snead/Agholor

Kelce/Ebron
Not a whole lot of production last week I see. Yes, still lots of football to be played. Solid team, just hope your QB produces.

It is two weeks.  If the QB is solid, and a big man like DT is consistently being targeted, the TDs will come.

Users who are viewing this thread