What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

48 hours in Chicago (1 Viewer)

bro1ncos

IBL Representative
48 free hours in the Windy City. Arrive early Monday morning a day leaving Wednesday late afternoon. 

What to do? 

Where do locals get their Chicago dogs and/or their pizza pie? 

Museums? Interested in going to Wrigley if Cubs are in town? 

I will have access to a car and will be staying near the convention center. 

Pequod's or Lou Malnati's for deep dish.

I'd go to Al's for Italian beef rather than get hot dogs -- you can get good hot dogs almost anywhere.

Art Institute is fantastic. Museum of Natural History is also good. Museum of Science & Industry is the best if you have kids with you.

The architectural tour on the river boat sounds cheesy and touristy, but is well worth doing.

Pequod's or Lou Malnati's for deep dish.

I'd go to Al's for Italian beef rather than get hot dogs -- you can get good hot dogs almost anywhere.

Art Institute is fantastic. Museum of Natural History is also good. Museum of Science & Industry is the best if you have kids with you.

The architectural tour on the river boat sounds cheesy and touristy, but is well worth doing.
This is a good list.  

Also if you want to see the top of the Hancock (whatever its called now), go to the Signature Lounge for free and then have $$$ drinks.  

I do highly reccomend the river boat thing.  We did the blue and white boats, I don't remember the name.  They serve beer, wine, and cocktails on the boat, so drink some Goose Island while in a boat next to Goose Island.

This is a good list.  

Also if you want to see the top of the Hancock (whatever its called now), go to the Signature Lounge for free and then have $$$ drinks.  

I do highly reccomend the river boat thing.  We did the blue and white boats, I don't remember the name.  They serve beer, wine, and cocktails on the boat, so drink some Goose Island while in a boat next to Goose Island.
secret's out on this.  Lines are ridiculous for the 95th nowadays.  Rooftop lounges such as Cindy's or J Parker at the Hotel Lincoln are better options nowadays for drink + view (both will have a wait without reservations, but shorter than Sig Lounge. )

Skip their terrible Pizza and get some Italian Beef instead 
I wouldn't say the pizza is terrible - Chicago deep dish is freakin' gold.

Having said that I do second DL's thought on the italian beef - go out of your way to get some.   A lot of would be looking dives have some of the best around.   Make sure to get it "wet" and thank us later.....

Portilo's is one of my favorite restaurants on the planet.  Actually i really like the original Uno's as well!
Portilos :wub:    I cannot wait for the new one to open in Mishawaka.  Less than 10 minuets from my house - life is going to be be good! 

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, does anyone else think "48 Hours in Chicago" has the feel of an awesome movie?

Maybe a bit like The Hangover mixed with a mob film.

Oh, the possibilities.....

I'll always steer people to Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder if they want a unique pizza-related experience.  Grab some beers while you wait for a table and have a half-pounder and some med bread imo. 

I just have to do the skydeck while I am in Chicago. I am going on Wednesday morning and I am in no rush. Is it really worth double the price to do the Fast Pass for the SkyDeck?

Users who are viewing this thread