What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American embassy in Cuba under mysterious attacks. Update: Communication intercepts indicate Russia is behind the attacks. (1 Viewer)

NUKEM!

Seriously this is ####ed yo and scary ####. Is this a new round or building off the "attacks" (and they may very well have been just that) of some weeks back

Not surprising.

What the hell has been going on with Russia...just a few years ago, they were hurting under heavy sanctions, huge protests...and now, they're meddling globally and successfully.   Damn.
From what I've read is this was all a hail Mary play by Putin and it's paying off. 
And there are reports coming out that Russia hugely influenced the Brexit vote.  Just craziness.

19 Americans suffering from similar attacks after visiting Cuba.

This story is utterly fascinating and terrifying to me. This now brings it to over 40 people. 

From the article (before the reported attacks on 19 tourists):

"Twenty-four people have had symptoms and findings consistent with what looks like a mild traumatic brain injury," State Department medical director Dr. Charles Rosenfarb told a Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee Jan. 9 "The findings suggest that this is not an episode of mass hysteria."

Link to the alleged recording.

Last edited by a moderator:
19 Americans suffering from similar attacks after visiting Cuba.

This story is utterly fascinating and terrifying to me. This now brings it to over 40 people. 

From the article (before the reported attacks on 19 tourists):

"Twenty-four people have had symptoms and findings consistent with what looks like a mild traumatic brain injury," State Department medical director Dr. Charles Rosenfarb told a Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee Jan. 9 "The findings suggest that this is not an episode of mass hysteria."

Link to the alleged recording.
Scary stuff

Do not volunteer for these experiments.

Since last year, the U.S. military has been working to reverse-engineer the weapon or weapons used to harm the diplomats, according to Trump administration officials, congressional aides and others briefed on the investigation, including by testing various devices on animals. As part of that effort, the U.S. has turned to the Air Force and its directed energy research program at Kirtland Air Force Base in New Mexico, where the military has giant lasers and advanced laboratories to test high-power electromagnetic weapons, including microwaves.

Although the U.S. believes sophisticated microwaves or another type of electromagnetic weapon were likely used on the U.S. government workers, they are also exploring the possibility that one or more additional technologies were also used, possibly in conjunction with microwaves, officials and others involved in the government's investigation say.

So is this an act of war? 
It seems like it's absolutely an act of war. But I also view the election interference as an act of war and not everyone agrees. When the attacks come in an unconventional package like this, it's harder to easily categorize.

It seems like it's absolutely an act of war. But I also view the election interference as an act of war and not everyone agrees. When the attacks come in an unconventional package like this, it's harder to easily categorize.
It’s not really harder.  It just gives the side who doesn’t care the wiggle room they need to argue it. Smart move by their hero Putin.  

It seems like it's absolutely an act of war.
So does the poisoning on British soil. In both cases, I guess there’s some deniability that they were ordered by Russian state actors acting in their official capacity. But if Russia came out and claimed credit for these attacks, I don’t think there’d be any question that they are acts of war.

So does the poisoning on British soil. In both cases, I guess there’s some deniability that they were ordered by Russian state actors acting in their official capacity. But if Russia came out and claimed credit for these attacks, I don’t think there’d be any question that they are acts of war.
Fortunately we would have such a brilliant tactician as commander in chief there is no way we could lose.  Or at least no way he would tell us if we’d lost. 

Isn’t this the reason Trump gave for shutting down travel to Cuba?  It seems like this is something both the Obama and Trump administrations have been quietly concerned about.  In this case, I don’t see the problem with either’s handling of this thing.

Radio Free Homer said:
I know, I can't believe Obama isn't doing anything about this!!!
I would have blasted these Russian Troll Farms with an EMP a decade ago for all the crap they do to Americans (eg identity theft, hacking, misinformation, etc.), but I’m more hardcore than most.  

I would have blasted these Russian Troll Farms with an EMP a decade ago for all the crap they do to Americans (eg identity theft, hacking, misinformation, etc.), but I’m more hardcore than most.  
Aggressive active measures by the US against Russia was part of the package of intelligence counteractions that Obama left for Trump in January 2018.

Aggressive active measures by the US against Russia was part of the package of intelligence counteractions that Obama left for Trump in January 2018.
I bet knowledge dropper is mad as hell that Trump hasn't done anything about this.

Narrator: Not even ren is surprised

But Russia is a trusted friend and ally.  :confused:

Right.  For instance, saying that the sonic (or whatever) attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Cuba have been the testing grounds for a weapon used to give John McCain brain cancer in retaliation for passing on the Steele dossier to the FBI would be a conspiracy theory.

But saying that Putin personally visited McCain and poisoned him in such a way as to give him brain cancer would just be a theory.
This is incredible.  Looks like the unidentified "sonic attack" by the RUSSIANS was just crickets, scientists say.  

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/sonic-attack-or-just-crickets-new-analysis-sheds-light-on-us-embassy-in-cuba-mystery

... But were they RUSSIAN CRICKETS?

Users who are viewing this thread