What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Fantasy Hockey 2017-2018 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Last year's thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749379-ffa-fantasy-hockey-2016-2017/

League is run through yahoo. I think everybody from last year is in if they want. Otherwise, we'll need a list of alternates to fill spots as available.

Cost: $30/person

Live draft via Yahoo on Sunday night October 1st (start time is 8pm Central)

Rosters: 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 1UT, 4D, 2G, 6 bench spots, 1 IR, 2 IR+

Roto scoring (G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, Blocks, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves)

Note: Must have at least 50 goalie starts in the season for their stats to count.

If you were in last year, please confirm you are back in. If you want out, please let me know that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
think blocks are a good addition to make defensemen a bit more valuable. wasn't sure if I should take something like PIM out though.

Dot. 

I haven't done a regular season hockey draft just want to follow this thread to see how it goes. I'm willing to be an alternate but put me at the bottom of the list. Good luck to everyone.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
think blocks are a good addition to make defensemen a bit more valuable. wasn't sure if I should take something like PIM out though.
Can we add coaches? I want Torts.

(Also ... In.)

I mean if someone wants to partner up I can do it.  I'm not a great drafter anyway but I'm a good in-season manager. 

Just make it so if anyone is up for it, I'll be back in Mid November. 

Dot. 

I haven't done a regular season hockey draft just want to follow this thread to see how it goes. I'm willing to be an alternate but put me at the bottom of the list. Good luck to everyone.

I mean if someone wants to partner up I can do it.  I'm not a great drafter anyway but I'm a good in-season manager. 

Just make it so if anyone is up for it, I'll be back in Mid November. 

Aaron Rudnicki said:
I absolutely hate +-.........so tied to team performance.

Chemical X said:
I absolutely hate +-.........so tied to team performance.
thought about dumping it, but it's the only ratio stat we have for skaters though.

feels like it balances out the extra weight given to power play points and rewards players who can produce 5 v 5.

hits is kind of a dumb stat too since the guys who get a lot don't have the puck much so they just run around hitting people.

anyway, I'm up for simplifying things here if people want to.

thought about dumping it, but it's the only ratio stat we have for skaters though.

feels like it balances out the extra weight given to power play points and rewards players who can produce 5 v 5.

hits is kind of a dumb stat too since the guys who get a lot don't have the puck much so they just run around hitting people.

anyway, I'm up for simplifying things here if people want to.
Dump power play points it is harder to score 5 on 5 and do SH goals.   I really don't have any idea about what I am spewing right now.

I say keep all old cats and add blocks for skaters and saves for goalies to even out some of the relative worth. with all the past whining about using goalie starts this somewhat mitigates that too.

more cats the better imo.  more options.  more fun.

I say keep all old cats and add blocks for skaters and saves for goalies to even out some of the relative worth. with all the past whining about using goalie starts this somewhat mitigates that too.

more cats the better imo.  more options.  more fun.
More options, more fun?   You must not be married.

maybe make points weighted more too since that should be the most important cat unless you think that's too complicated 

I have something kid related both Mon 10/2 and Tue 10/3.  Monday would end 8:20 central time and tues should end just before 8 central time so it is my first choice.  Unfortunately just about every night of the week is the same for me.  I will be in either way.

How do sunday nights look/work as an option?

Dot. 

Can we add coaches? I want Torts.

(Also ... In.)

I'm deploying for hurricane relief so I'm out unless something weird happens. 

Draft is now Sunday 9pm ET.

@Aaron Rudnicki   Can we roll for draft slots?

I'll be getting on a plane Sunday at 9:30, I would probably have to autodraft the whole thing.

So we're officially adding Blocks and Saves? I'm good with that ... just want to start researching.

I know Hits is an issue with people, but that also brings some guys into play that normally wouldn't have as much value. Except last year my system keep telling me to draft Clutterbuck by Round 2.

Users who are viewing this thread