What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Move over Honeycrisp, SweeTango is in town (1 Viewer)

I am a HUGE fan of Honeycrisp so I checked availability in my area.

The only places it is available near me is Walmart but we don't shop for groceries there.  I might have to make a special trip to try them though... if they can compete with Honeycrisp they are worth a try.

My wife has been getting a new variety lately and they are really good. Not quite honeycrisp good, but good. I need to find out what it is. 

SweeTango is very good, as Tasker said a Honeycrisp cross.  I've recently been eating a lot of the Kanzi apple, crisp and juicy like a Honeycrisp but slightly tarter.

It's no accident that they've been around forever.  Where were these newfangled designer apples back when red delicious were keeping our ancestors from starving?

Not sure where these things came from but they were a nice surprise.  I'm still partial to HoneyCrisp though because they pair better with peanut butter.  A little too much Tango in the SweeTangs when mixing with PB.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Not sure where these things came from but they were a nice surprise.  I'm still partial to HoneyCrisp though because they pair better with peanut butter.  A little too much Tango in the SweeTangs when mixing with PB.
Honey crisp dipped in natural PB is my go to snack. :wub:  

"Artisan" has to go. 
I came a across a sandwich shop a couple years ago that had a big awning over the door and front window with graphics and print. Probably cost about 3000 bucks. Said "Artesian Sandwiches". I just tried to google map it and see if I could find a picture and it is no longer in business. Apparently Well Water sandwiches just werent a hit. 

Tried Rave apples recently which are a cross of Honeycrisp and MonArk.  They were good.  Still prefer straight up Honeycrisp over Rave.  Have not tried Swee Tango yet.

Tried the Sweet Tango a few times last month. They are good. Honeycrisp is till my favorite but they are expensive and large (size matters). Braeburn is #2 after Honeycrisp and what I usually buy.  

Are the peels of these oddly colored?  There was only one that didn't look unappealing from all these veins of splotchy colors on them.

First time I've noticed them, so not sure if it was a bad, already picked-over bunch or if they are just always colored like that.

Are the peels of these oddly colored?  There was only one that didn't look unappealing from all these veins of splotchy colors on them.

First time I've noticed them, so not sure if it was a bad, already picked-over bunch or if they are just always colored like that.
I noticed this as well, but went ahead and picked up a bag, as they are about half the price of honeycrisp.  They were crisp, tart, juicy and delicious. Definitely a suitable honeycrisp replacement.  Our local store also has some organic Pink Lady apples and they're not bad in a pinch, if honeycrisps are sold out or are too freaking huge (sometimes they're right at a pound each, for like $4.29/lb). 

Nathan R. Jessep said:

I noticed this as well, but went ahead and picked up a bag, as they are about half the price of honeycrisp.  They were crisp, tart, juicy and delicious. Definitely a suitable honeycrisp replacement.  Our local store also has some organic Pink Lady apples and they're not bad in a pinch, if honeycrisps are sold out or are too freaking huge (sometimes they're right at a pound each, for like $4.29/lb). 
Yeah, had the one I picked up today. Quite tasty. And I researched the color splotches on the peels and they say the links between the splotches and outbreaks of zombie disease are not yet well established.  :thumbup:

Yeah, had the one I picked up today. Quite tasty. And I researched the color splotches on the peels and they say the links between the splotches and outbreaks of zombie disease are not yet well established.  :thumbup:
Just had one myself. It was awesome. Maybe better than the last honeycrisps I had. What remains to be seen is do they have the never-failing consistency like honeycrisps do. 

the only apple that matters is honeycrisp so i guess keep talking but this thread just like any other thread that is not about honeycrisp is all just a whole lotta chasing the latest new thing johnny come lately bs take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread