What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Belize ideas (1 Viewer)

Take_The_Shot

Footballguy
The gf and I decided to go to Belize in late October. Hurricane/rainy season aside, it's the only time that works for us and we both are desperate to get away for awhile (plus, how many hurricanes can possibly be a threat in one year). 

Anybody have any must sees or recommendations on best place to stay? We are looking to stay in at least two locations with the trip geared more towards relaxing/beach type of activities and mixing in a land adventure now and then. We will be there for 8 days. Thanks for any insight!

We went almost 2 years ago.  It was awesome.  Stayed at Caves Branch for 3 nights and then San Pedro (at Xanadu) for 6 nights.  Rented a Golf cart and got all around San Pedro.  Everyone speaks English well and the food was great.  If you are into snorkeling or scuba this is the place to go. 

If we do it again we will stay longer at Caves Branch maybe 4/5 split.  Ian Anderson's place was awesome.

We went almost 2 years ago.  It was awesome.  Stayed at Caves Branch for 3 nights and then San Pedro (at Xanadu) for 6 nights.  Rented a Golf cart and got all around San Pedro.  Everyone speaks English well and the food was great.  If you are into snorkeling or scuba this is the place to go. 

If we do it again we will stay longer at Caves Branch maybe 4/5 split.  Ian Anderson's place was awesome.
Did you do the cave tubbing? I'm reading mix reviews online and not sure if it's worth it. Also, is it easy to get around the country? We aren't going to rent a car so curious how it is traveling from the airport out to the jungle, and then back to San Pedro.

We are considering snorkeling in the great blue hole while at San Pedro, any experience with that?

Thanks for your input!

Take_The_Shot said:
Did you do the cave tubbing? I'm reading mix reviews online and not sure if it's worth it. Also, is it easy to get around the country? We aren't going to rent a car so curious how it is traveling from the airport out to the jungle, and then back to San Pedro.

We are considering snorkeling in the great blue hole while at San Pedro, any experience with that?

Thanks for your input!
Of course the cave tubing is worth it. You're on a tube floating through a cave. Who doesn't love that? They have much more extreme excursions too. When we went, Caves Branch handled all the transports, including picking us up at airport and staying with us until they were sure we got on the right boat (the ferry terminal is tricky). 

We split our time in Belize between CB and Caye Caulker. Caye Caulker is less resorty and more of a backpacker crowd. No cars and you could ride a bike from one end to the other in about 15 minutes. Very cool, funky laid back place.

Did not snorkel the hole, but looks awesome. Have a good time and report back how it was!

Take_The_Shot said:

Thanks for your input!

Cave tubbing was ok, Right at the end we did come very close to a very venomous snake called the Fer de Lance.  Scared the poop out of us when the guides started to freak out.  We also did zip lining and the Zoo (not our first choice but the rivers were too high to do the one we wanted to.) Our girls did get to feed a black panther at the zoo, so that was cool.  And all the animals were rescues from the Belizian jungle.

Chilled out at San Pedro, drank a lot and chilled in front of the water.  One warning.  There aren't really any "sandy" beaches there so if you're a sit on the beach frollic in the water type person San Pedro may not be for you.  We did kayak and paddle board and that was ok.  Didn't snorkel the Blue Hole, but did go out the reef and it was amazing.  Got to pet a nurse Shark and had a Sea Turtle just hang with us for a while.

Wanted to bump this thread in case anyone has been recently.  I just booked a place a few miles north of San Pedro.  Mostly want to relax and get drunk, but intend to do some snorkeling and maybe some fishing.  Any pointers would be appreciated. 

Which place? Was just there a few weeks ago. We stayed at Sapphire Beach. It's a haul from town by golf cart but we loved the quiet.

Which place? Was just there a few weeks ago. We stayed at Sapphire Beach. It's a haul from town by golf cart but we loved the quiet.
X'Tan Ha, about 7 miles north of town.  We might spend one day in San Pedro, so I don't mind taking a water taxi for that if we do

X'Tan Ha, about 7 miles north of town.  We might spend one day in San Pedro, so I don't mind taking a water taxi for that if we do
This is where we ended up staying. The water taxi is very convenient and it's not too long of a ride. We went during rainy season and only stayed a few days before going to Hopkins, unfortunately rainy season didn't take those few days off so we didn't rent a golf cart. 

It's easy to book snorkeling at the X'Tan as they have a little place to book tourist activities. I will say this, they have a little restaurant on the resort that I would recommend avoiding. Due to the rain we had to settle for this a few times and the price/food isn't worth it. The few times we were able to head to town the food was by far superior and cheaper.  For peace and relaxation tho, this is a great place. 

This is where we ended up staying. The water taxi is very convenient and it's not too long of a ride. We went during rainy season and only stayed a few days before going to Hopkins, unfortunately rainy season didn't take those few days off so we didn't rent a golf cart. 

It's easy to book snorkeling at the X'Tan as they have a little place to book tourist activities. I will say this, they have a little restaurant on the resort that I would recommend avoiding. Due to the rain we had to settle for this a few times and the price/food isn't worth it. The few times we were able to head to town the food was by far superior and cheaper.  For peace and relaxation tho, this is a great place. 
Ok, good to know.  When I was looking at the restaurant online, it did seem a little pricey.  I'll explore my options.   Thanks!

just left Belize today and screwed up. Left $155 BZD crumpled up in my pocket (worth $75 USD)

If anyone is going there anytime soon, please contact me and I’ll sell you the currency for cheap.

Keerock & anyone in the FFA lotto club can verify I’m a legitimate person

just left Belize today and screwed up. Left $155 BZD crumpled up in my pocket (worth $75 USD)

If anyone is going there anytime soon, please contact me and I’ll sell you the currency for cheap.

I’m heading to Belize in April. So not super soon but what kind of a deal we talking about :)

I’m heading to Belize in April. So not super soon but what kind of a deal we talking about :)
i could probably get rid of this for half the value in town at a currency exchange, but i'd rather help out real folks.
maybe 1/3 of its value? something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread