What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AJ McCarron Train Leaving Soon? (1 Viewer)

jon_mx

Footballguy
OK...call me crazy, but I am in a 16-team league where the best QB available is Mike Glennon.   :X

Now Cinci was allegedly was offered a second round pick in preseason for McCarron and turned it down.   :shock:

Dalton has blown chunks the first two weeks and is hanging on to the starting job by a thread.

Cinci has some elite targets and some very good backs.  I am not looking for an immediate starter, just a backup down the road and a bye week fill-in for week 7.  

McCarron has the highest upside of any back-up outside of NE but actually has a good chance of taking over soon without an injury.  

There have certainly been worse ideas.

But unfortunately many of those have been made by coach Marvin Lewis and owner Mike Brown.

Go for it. So long as you have the roster room to be patient.  It'll make the Dalton owner nervous for sure.

2014 article from Bloom on McCarron's weaknesses.

- I have never really seen the magic that made McCarron such a hot trade commodity. Why is he better than Dalton?
After 4 double-digit win seasons, Dalton has gone 6-11-1 in his last 18 games.  So far this year 0 TDs and 4 INTs to go along with an 0-2 record.  The few chances McCarron has had in 2015, he performed well.  It is a desperation play that is a bit of a long shot, but he is the best long shot at QB there is right now. 

On my radar. Dalton puts up another stinker this week I think the change will be made. 

McCarron wasn't perfect in those games he played, but they were his first NFL game experience without much notice.   I like McCarron, but the offensive line concerns are certainly a huge concern for whomever is behind center (albeit a terrible one in Bodine).  He didn't play a mistake free game in the last playoff game, but he didn't panic and would've been the first Cincy qb in years to win a playoff game if the implosion of Jeremy Hill's fumble , Pacman's shove, and Burfict's hit didn't  Bungle the game.   

Cincy homer here.

No chance Dalton is gonna get benched for McCarron.

Waste your bench spot elsewhere.

I agree with the second part of this, but not the first
Would take him over Taylor, McCown, Cutler, Kizer, Bortles, Watson, Seimian, Manning, Glennon, Newton, Hoyer, Palmer, Goff right now. In the mix with Flacco, Smith, Bradford. So I'd say right now he's the 15-19 range for QBs.

His #s the last few years are pretty good. His OLine has deteriorated and his coaching staff is horrible. I think he will turn things around. JMO People are way too quick to throw people under the bus.

Would take him over Taylor, McCown, Cutler, Kizer, Bortles, Watson, Seimian, Manning, Glennon, Newton, Hoyer, Palmer, Goff right now. In the mix with Flacco, Smith, Bradford. So I'd say right now he's the 15-19 range for QBs.

His #s the last few years are pretty good. His OLine has deteriorated and his coaching staff is horrible. I think he will turn things around. JMO People are way too quick to throw people under the bus.
I cannot tell if this is a fantasy or real NFL comment but, either way, he is average at best.  He has put up some good fantasy numbers and I've had him on my teams a few times.  However, I've never been impressed with his game.  He is anti-clutch and doesn't really stand out for me in any facet.  I think several on that list are or will be better NFL quarterbacks and do more to help their teams win than Dalton ever has. 

Cincy homer here.

No chance Dalton is gonna get benched for McCarron.

Waste your bench spot elsewhere.
Dalton throws two picks this week with the team losing again and not scoring a td again; you say Dalton is starting week 4?

McCarron will only play if Dalton is injured. It is certainly possible considering how poor the line is at protecting him. I don't think there is any chance he is getting benched. I think the reporting about the team turning on him is completely overblown.

Users who are viewing this thread