What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Advice on Waiver Wire RB's (1 Viewer)

ramsfan

Footballguy
Standard scoring league, I have three good starting Running Backs, and this cast of characters for depth (Gore), and lottery tickets (Conner, C. West).  I am also listing the RB's available on the Wire, and am seeking opinion if anyone would DROP one of my RB's, and pickup up one the RB's available on the Wire.  The waiver wire is blind bid, so there is no limit or priority pick I have to give up to make a transaction.

Guys I have:

Conner, Forte, Gore, DeAndre Washington (OAK), C West, Jamall Williams.

Guys on the wire: C. Thompson, DOnta Foreman, Chris Johnson, Alex Collins, Breida, Dion Lewis, McFadden, Alfred Morris

Thanks, please leave a link, and I will respond to yours.

dude you've been here 15 years.  Stop posting these in the shark pool. Theres a link to the assistant coach forum at the top of the page

dude you've been here 15 years.  Stop posting these in the shark pool. Theres a link to the assistant coach forum at the top of the page
Maybe the newer interface is tripping me up, but this year, I am started my post by hitting "start a new topic" in what I thought was the Assistant Coach sub-forum, as the big yellow button that says "Start New Topic" is within the area that shows Assistant Coach subforum.

I wasn't doing it intentionally, just confused by the interface.

Of the options on the wire I like C. Thompson to consistently score you points all year if you treat him as the change of pace back they will use him for. If you want a solid Flex/RB3, he's a good option, especially if they do dial back his usage some. Foreman is the upside play of those guys on the wire. As a Texans fan, I feel like it's only a matter of time before he gets into much more of a timeshare with Miller and might outright out touch him by the end of the year.

Please see mine: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760705-would-you-do-this-trade/

Maybe the newer interface is tripping me up, but this year, I am started my post by hitting "start a new topic" in what I thought was the Assistant Coach sub-forum, as the big yellow button that says "Start New Topic" is within the area that shows Assistant Coach subforum.

I wasn't doing it intentionally, just confused by the interface.
Looks good now thanks. 

For my money I would drop forte for foreman in a heartbeat, because he can get the job through skill or injury.  

Second choice would be McFadden for me because we'll find out more about the lawsuit soon then it's really easy to drop him. 

Third choice would be Collins, he could earn a bigger role soon but it's a bit crowded. 

Chris Thompson in non ppr is ok but not as exciting. 

The other guys are just injury lottery tickets.  So is forte I guess.  Pick your flavor 

How are McFadden, C. West, and J.Williams  rosterable with Thompson, Foreman, Johnson, and Collins still on the wire? Thompson is producing now and isn't likely to stop, Johnson is currently the best back in Zona, Foreman is working his way into a true time share with probably goal line duty and Collins is going to beat West out of a job sooner rather than later.

I don't exactly love all of those guys, but they are way better than most of those guys currently on your roster. You could wait all year for something that never happens or you can get some guys that are actually producing now. I know what I'd choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread