What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you do this trade? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Luck owner is looking to move him:

Tyreek Hill + Russell Wilson + Chris Carson for Pierre Garcon + Andrew Luck + Isaiah Crowell

PPR, 0.25 points per rush

Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T

My team before trade:

QB: R. Wilson / M. Stafford

RB: E. Elliott / D. Martin / D. Henry / C. Carson

WR: J. Nelson / D. Hopkins / T. Hill

TE: Gronk / J. Reed

After trade:

QB: M. Stafford / A. Luck

RB: E. Elliott / I. Crowell / D. Martin / D. Henry

WR: J. Nelson / D. Hopkins / P. Garcon

TE: Gronk / J. Reed

I would not make this trade, Tyreek>Garcon, Carson and Crowell are even atm with Carson looking to have a high risk reward to him. And the nail in the coffin for this trade is that Luck will not help you and there is no info on when he returns. I believe Wilson will turn it around. He is a slow starter historically. 

Yeah realized after I posted that I hadn't really thought hard on this. He also has McCoy and Montgomery and doesn't seem like making the trade makes a ton of sense unless I really gain solid RB2 ground. Thanks for the feedback.

I wouldn't do it for  number of reasons. First can you trade for a player and use him this week if he has already played? Probably not so that would kill the deal right away because of Jordys health if you can't use Garcon this week. Two, I'd forget about Andrew Luck. Big name but he isn't healthy and doesn't appear to be anywhere close to getting healthy. A few more losses before he's ready and they'd be stupid to put him in this year. Lastly Carson appears to be a volume guy. Another 20 carry week to confirm that and you will be glad you have him over Crowell. P.S. Any trade you do should include getting a healthy TE.

Agreed. You're getting shorted on this trade and it doesn't really help you at all. I don't even think Luck is going to be that much of an upgrade over Stafford, if he's an upgrade at all. I'm buying on Stafford this season.

Jayded, thank you for your thoughtful reply in my post!

It looks like you have already come to your conclusion, but this is not a good trade for you.  I did catch myself being biased for Luck, as I really like him as a player.  I do however believe, that there is more to Wilson than we are seeing early in the season, and I would start Stafford over Luck or Wilson right now anyway.

I like Hill over Garcon, and Garcon already played this week.

Carson and Crowell, I like the upside of Carson.

Users who are viewing this thread