What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on Ben Shapiro? (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
I don't know much about him but wanted to see what the FFA political die hards thought about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not surprisingly there is not much to say about him.  

To the lgtb thing, he is for anyone marrying anyone.  

He draws the line at biology.  If your a biological a man he will call you a man even if you don't want him too.  Why?

Because if you can't use biology as a baseline, then you use feelings.  Law does not deal with feelings.

Shapiro is awesome.  He brings facts and logic to completely destroy liberal arguments.  The left tries to paint him as a racist and white supremacist, but he was the #1 figure attacked by those groups.

He's dead-on in his attacks on the leftist Hollywood elite and the indoctrinations centers aka "universities".

I don't know there's much to discuss. I disagree with a lot of what he stands for but he's not part of the alt-light.

Shapiro is awesome.  He brings facts and logic to completely destroy liberal arguments.  The left tries to paint him as a racist and white supremacist, but he was the #1 figure attacked by those groups.
Not that I have seen, unless your idea of presenting facts and logic is to address a transgender on national television as "sir" with the only purpose seemingly to be to provoke her.

Not that I have seen, unless your idea of presenting facts and logic is to address a transgender on national television as "sir" with the only purpose seemingly to be to provoke her.
Of course you haven't - you've been blind for quite some time now.   Shapiro utterly destroys your arguments - that's why you resort to calling him a racist and/or agreeing with those who do.

Of course you haven't - you've been blind for quite some time now.   Shapiro utterly destroys your arguments - that's why you resort to calling him a racist and/or agreeing with those who do.
I don't believe I ever called him a racist or agreed with those that did.  

I did, however, in the other thread cut-and-paste an article he wrote for Townhall where he made statements that were arguably fascist (praising Lincoln suspending Habeas Corpus, Wilson prosecuting people under the Alien and Sedition Act, the internment of the Japanese during WWII and saying that Vietnam war protestors should have been jailed).  And he has made bigoted/homophobic remarks towards the LGBT community over the years.

I only recently learned of Shapiro's existence.  Like most people, I agree with him on some issues and disagree on others, but he seems like a thoughtful, intelligent person.  He definitely isn't in the MIlo / Coulter camp.  (This goes without saying, but anybody who isn't familiar with Shapiro would do well to disregard squistion's assessment).

Was giving him the benefit of the doubt until this Columbus Day thing.
The video on his site has been taken down by him after initially defending it as "satire" - although how one could view depicting Native Americans as literally being bloodthirsty cannibals who were saved from their own savagery by the kindly Christopher Columbus, as satire is beyond me. http://www.joemygod.com/2017/10/10/ben-shapiro-apologizes-deletes-racist-columbus-day-video-broad-based-stereotyping/

Ben Shapiro has proven once again that he is the person his critics have portrayed him as, at the very least an intolerant bigot, and most likely a racist. 

Shapiro is a bigot who loves to talk at and over ill equipped millenials that cant defend themselves from his never-ceasing demagoguery. And, to equally ill equipped mouth breathers. Both lacking critical thinking just applied differently.

The thing that differentiates him from Milo is that he isnt a pedo apologists - that we know of.

He likes to take issues that are controversial, boil it down and remove all nuance, then takes the simplest position he can whether its factual/logical/relevant then puts his fingers in his ears and yells over anyone hes "conversing" with.

Hes a white nationalist fascist windsock.

Shapiro is a bigot who loves to talk at and over ill equipped millenials that cant defend themselves from his never-ceasing demagoguery. And, to equally ill equipped mouth breathers. Both lacking critical thinking just applied differently.

The thing that differentiates him from Milo is that he isnt a pedo apologists - that we know of.

He likes to take issues that are controversial, boil it down and remove all nuance, then takes the simplest position he can whether its factual/logical/relevant then puts his fingers in his ears and yells over anyone hes "conversing" with.

Hes a white nationalist fascist windsock.
Oh boy, here we go again.  When you don't agree - call'em a bigot/racist/sexist/etc..

The video on his site has been taken down by him after initially defending it as "satire" - although how one could view depicting Native Americans as literally being bloodthirsty cannibals who were saved from their own savagery by the kindly Christopher Columbus, as satire is beyond me. http://www.joemygod.com/2017/10/10/ben-shapiro-apologizes-deletes-racist-columbus-day-video-broad-based-stereotyping/

Ben Shapiro has proven once again that he is the person his critics have portrayed him as, at the very least an intolerant bigot, and most likely a racist. 
You're wrong again.  IK had it right on the money:

This goes without saying, but anybody who isn't familiar with Shapiro would do well to disregard squistion's assessment.
Even you would do well to follow IK's advice.

Thank you for accurately quoting me for a change, proving that on 9/23 I did not call him a racist at that time or agreed with those that did. However I did earlier note that he was bigoted towards LGBT people, which is not the same thing as being racist.

Run It Up said:
Lmfao if you cant call this clown a bigot, who the hell is the term reserved for?
:shrug:

You and your crowd have called everyone under the sun those names for years that it's lost all meaning.  Shapiro is not even close to being a bigot.  Looks like we have to modify IK's post and add you to the list:

This goes without saying, but anybody who isn't familiar with Shapiro would do well to disregard squistion's and Run It Up's assessment.
Perfect.

SacramentoBob said:
Even if he says it was meant as a tasteless joke and apologized? 

It's not a good look but I'm not sure saying sorry is part of the alt right. If he makes more of these so called jokes I would probably call him out but to my knowledge this was his first such incident. Please correct me if I'm mistaken but he's thus far been a normal run of the mill conservative and an outspoken critic of Trump. I'd be very hesitant to lump him alongside the bigots in that camp. 

SacramentoBob said:
I thought he handled that pretty incident pretty well.  That video tried to raise a reasonable point (all of us are better off, including modern native Americans, for western culture becoming dominant in North America), but the way in which it did so was pretty clearly tasteless.  So he had it taken down.  Obviously it would have been better for the video not to be posted in the first place, but that wasn't him.  

I've only heard him on the Joe Rogan Experience and while some of what he said was interesting, he came across as smug and condescending. You know, the same criticism that some people in this thread who have a boner for him level towards liberals.

You and your crowd have called everyone under the sun those names for years that it's lost all meaning.
:lmao:

Okay champ. The rallying cry of the far right is "When you don't agree - call'em a bigot/racist/sexist/etc..."

Literally pretend to be oppressed anytime someone shines a light on your disgusting ideals. Its everyone else thats close minded.

Even if he says it was meant as a tasteless joke and apologized? 

It's not a good look but I'm not sure saying sorry is part of the alt right. If he makes more of these so called jokes I would probably call him out but to my knowledge this was his first such incident. Please correct me if I'm mistaken but he's thus far been a normal run of the mill conservative and an outspoken critic of Trump. I'd be very hesitant to lump him alongside the bigots in that camp. 

I thought he handled that pretty incident pretty well.  That video tried to raise a reasonable point (all of us are better off, including modern native Americans, for western culture becoming dominant in North America), but the way in which it did so was pretty clearly tasteless.  So he had it taken down.  Obviously it would have been better for the video not to be posted in the first place, but that wasn't him.  
FWIW, this wasn't his initial reaction.  He only did this as it became increasingly clear that leaving it up would result in his being justifiably grouped with the Coulters and Milos of the world.

Here is his initial "screw you if you can't take a joke, lefties" reaction.

FWIW, this wasn't his initial reaction.  He only did this as it became increasingly clear that leaving it up would result in his being justifiably grouped with the Coulters and Milos of the world.

Thus proving that the left has no sense of humor and a huge supply of manufactured outrage?  

Just spitballin' here.

Thus proving that the left has no sense of humor and a huge supply of manufactured outrage?  

Just spitballin' here.
More likely the right is just awful at being funny and clever. 

Maybe the Harvard Lampoon, Upright Citizens Brigade, SNL and all the other comedy breeding grounds should institute affirmative action policies favoring conservatives.

More likely the right is just awful at being funny and clever. 

Maybe the Harvard Lampoon, Upright Citizens Brigade, SNL and all the other comedy breeding grounds should institute affirmative action policies favoring conservatives.
That be true, in spades.

At least for the left I can counter with Al Gore.

:lmao:

Okay champ. The rallying cry of the far right is "When you don't agree - call'em a bigot/racist/sexist/etc..."

Literally pretend to be oppressed anytime someone shines a light on your disgusting ideals. Its everyone else thats close minded.
This is a joke, right?  What side of the political aisle has been involved in a mass hysteria since last November?  Yeah, that's right, YOUR side.

I have no idea who this guy is so I take a risk defending him but your reaction to his comment seems odd to me - he called it satire, not a joke.  Also, saying he said screw you just isn't how I read it. 

Maybe the guys a huge ######## and all the things folks have called him but I'm not seeing what you wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread