What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on GPP vs Cash game (1 Viewer)

wyattroa

Footballguy
I usually just stick to cash games and will enter my cash LU into a gpp just incase it does hit.  My question is about app vs cash games.  I was thinking of building 150 $1 LU's and maxing out the entry on a $1gpp instead of entering that $150 into cash games.  I am hesitant to do this as I have never done it before.  Has anyone made the jump in trying this, if so what were your results and thoughts.

If you don't usually play in gpps you should probably start out crawling instead of sprinting. Something like $130 in cash and $20 in gpp until you get the hang of it. At best gpps pay out the top 20% so you could easily lose everything on a bad week. 

150 lineups is way too much work when you're first dabbling in GPPs.  These events are way more fun than cash games, and building lineups for them is way more fun than constructing lineups for cash games.  But in order to KEEP it that way, you don't want to overwhelm yourself by putting together 150 lineups.  That's a whole lot of clicking.

If you want to put $150 in play, consider 50 lineups in a $3 event, or 75 lineups in a $2 event.  If you really want to put the maximum number of entries into an event, then just play an event with a lower cap than 150 entries. 

I don't recommend mass multi-entry (MME) for anybody just starting out--it is labor-intensive, deep in game strategy, and expensive. You will spend a lot of money trying to figure out how best to approach it. Leave it for the more experienced players.

In the meantime, play in single-entry GPPs and 100-man tournaments. Hone your craft there & work towards multi-entry over the course of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread