What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - WEEK 4 (2 Viewers)

Jenkins is definitely the TE add over Lewis? 3 TD is hard to ignore, but I'm desperate for a TE and going to burn my priority on a TE.

Clay is solid.  I missed on him and ended up with Engram.  

Smallwood is still there after waivers this morning.  I just don't know about him.  Seems like another headache to add to Powell, Abdullah, and Crowell who I keep waiting to bust out.

Got luck for $12 (jersey number) as a dice roll. Was shocked someone gave up on him in a $350+$10FA league. 

Rumblings of a week 6 return. He's behind Brady so don't need him back in the saddle until week 9, but if he comes back healthy, that will be $12 well spent. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Having lost Sproles to IR, I claimed Clement off waivers. Don't expect much. Weren't any better options to sift through.

Got luck for $12 (jersey number) as a dice roll. Was shocked someone gave up on him in a $350+$10FA league. 

Rumblings of a week 6 return. He's behind Brady so don't need him back in the saddle until week 9, but if he comes back healthy, that will be $12 well spent. 
Same move here - have a tighter window with Mariota and a WK 8 bye, but if Pagano was truthful and Luck will be back WK 6, that gives a few weeks to knock off rust before I need him, and it could be a huge lotto win if he returns to form for the last half of the season.

If not, can look to stream guy's like Siemian, Dalton (if they remain on the wire), or guys like Watson, Cutler, Eli, or Flacco and pray Mariota stays healthy.

It's definitely a risk as there is no indication Luck will stay on the stated timeline or look good upon return, but solid risk/reward IMHO. There is a reason the Colts didn't just put Luck on IR, right? Right?

Nothing out there. Jax defense was claimed. Thats it.

Picked up Breida for nothing and grabbed Bengals defense.

Charles Sims still out there in one....  worth a pickup?  Strange that he has little play given how thin they are without Martin.   He did not even get used in the Vikings game when the script was his wheelhouse last year.  I am talking myself out of it :-).

Bengals D looks like a solid pickup.

Clay is solid.  I missed on him and ended up with Engram.  

Smallwood is still there after waivers this morning.  I just don't know about him.  Seems like another headache to add to Powell, Abdullah, and Crowell who I keep waiting to bust out.
Depends how bad you need a RB flyer.  Could work out but clement and Blount aren't going away

Martin owner.  I'm thinking of dropping Jacquizz for Chris Thompson.  Would you pull the trigger on that move?  Could drop Smallwood for him as well

I'm thinking of dropping Crowell for Collins or Clement because I'm tired of seeing his name on my roster 
At least try and sell low on crowell. Someone in your league still believes. Although I do like Collins. Maybe drop someone else?

Same move here - have a tighter window with Mariota and a WK 8 bye, but if Pagano was truthful and Luck will be back WK 6, that gives a few weeks to knock off rust before I need him, and it could be a huge lotto win if he returns to form for the last half of the season.

If not, can look to stream guy's like Siemian, Dalton (if they remain on the wire), or guys like Watson, Cutler, Eli, or Flacco and pray Mariota stays healthy.

It's definitely a risk as there is no indication Luck will stay on the stated timeline or look good upon return, but solid risk/reward IMHO. There is a reason the Colts didn't just put Luck on IR, right? Right?
You and I share a brain sometimes, GB. :D  

I'm right in line with your school of thought re: IR, it being a very nice lotto ticket, and having plenty of solid streaming options going forward if he fails to produce :thumbup:  

Good "Luck" to us! 

In our PPR, 0.25 points per carry redraft league with roster restrictions and a short bench, I picked up James White over Smallwood, Blount, and Abdullah this morning. I don't feel great about any of those guys and wish I had a better idea of which of the Eagles' backs had the most upside but White felt safest for now.

I'm completely hosed in week 6 though when I have to start one of these guys against the team with Kareem Hunt and LeVeon Bell so I kinda wish I knew who to double down on that might go off.

Brandon Marshall may have been dropped. He had 11 targets last week and the short passing game may be all that the giants are capable of. If those targets hold up he may have potential.

Depends how bad you need a RB flyer.  Could work out but clement and Blount aren't going away
In PPR I'd absolutely add Smallwood.  The Sproles role is clearly something the team would like to do (throw to the RBs).  Smallwood had 68 receptions while at WVU compared to only 29 receptions for Clement at Wisconsin.  That's not to say Clement can't catch, but I would think Smallwood is the most likely back to see 4-6 catches per week with 10-15 carries, which gives him some good value for a pretty strong offense.

On my FA pool is Britt, Ellington, Fuller V and Clement. Any worth a pickup right now? Britt is facing a bad matchup in Cincy.

Any thoughts from Jets fans on McGuire?

Forte has turf toe, and it seems as if they don't want to give Powell the full work.

Maybe worth a look in deep leagues.

At least try and sell low on crowell. Someone in your league still believes. Although I do like Collins. Maybe drop someone else?
Sold Crowell for Doyle to back up Ertz. Dropped Watson for Collins

Don't know if it'll work out obviously but I'm happier than I was 10 mins ago :lol:

Sold Crowell for Doyle to back up Ertz. Dropped Watson for Collins

Don't know if it'll work out obviously but I'm happier than I was 10 mins ago :lol:
That's selling quite low. I have Doyle and I'm thinking of dropping him for Clay or Brate lol.

Sterling Shepard - I dropped him for Evan Engram sunday morning and am kind of kicking myself but at the same time, unsure. I didn't want 2 players on NYG if 1 isn't ODB. Is Shepard worth spending FAAB on to get back? Id likely drop Eifert or DMC, but at the same time I think Engram may be fairly consistent as a backup TE/flex whereas Marshall, Shepard & whoever else will be variable.
Well, I'm happy I was able to get Shepard back today, although it cost me about 12% of my FAAB unnecessarily. I was surprised only one other person but a bid in for him, which was for only $0 too, and he was the only WR currently in the top 36 available. Seems like he has a pretty decent PPR floor despite the other 3 good options for Eli. Didn't like dropping Eifert but I have a feeling his back is going to be a season long issue, and once he does finally come back in a few weeks in all likelihood, who knows how long he will last and how effective he will be.

Forte has turf toe, and it seems as if they don't want to give Powell the full work.

i have some doubts - more talent than skill - but i deep-leagued him off some "picks to watch" stuff i read this spring. Jets are more likely to play "tomorrow" guys as the season wears on. not a 12X18 guy yet, tho

Emphasis on deep.  Right now it doesn't look like there will be any startable RBs on that team.

Why?  Eagles carried the ball a whopping 33 times yesterday which won't happen again (13 and 20 in their first two games).  Likely around 20 moving forward and Clement will be extremely lucky to see 8-10 of those carries.  He likely sees 3-7 per game which isn't worth a roster spot.  At that point you're hoping for a Smallwood and/or Blount injury so why not take a flier on a true backup rb if that's the case?
Aaand cue up the Smallwood injury. Inactive today, Clement could be a nice flier with week 5 byes...if you picked him up.

Users who are viewing this thread