What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL teams not showing up to play? (1 Viewer)

lazyike

Footballguy
What gives today? We have teams some of which were favored who did'nt come prepared to play today. I know about this any given Sunday thing but the Dolphins, Ravens and now the Raiders played or are playing so awful they are unwatchable.

Ravens are just wrecked with injuries, Cutler is exactly who we thought he was, I do not have an explanation for why the Skins are blowing up the Raiders Oline

I think some teams were told not to go out for the national anthem and they got confused and thought they weren't supposed to play in the game.

The Steelers never showed up to play with the O-line and Big Ben looking terrible. The Pats had to score a last second TD to beat a rookie QB leading the Texans. The Ravens had their biggest loss in their history (Tied for worst, 37 pts). The Raiders got dominated. The Broncos lost to a middling Bills team. The Dolphins lost to a team believed to be tanking for a top QB.

It was a crazy weekend of football that epitomized any given Sunday. It's still early in the season so it remains to be seen if it's a matter of the teams not being as good as we though, other teams not being as bad as we thought, or a fluke.  My thoughts are: Dolphins and Ravens are bad. Broncos and Pats had down weeks but will still dominate. Raiders could be up and down all season if Carr struggles. Steelers might be in trouble if Ben continues to over/under throw everyone.

What gives today? We have teams some of which were favored who did'nt come prepared to play today. I know about this any given Sunday thing but the Dolphins, Ravens and now the Raiders played or are playing so awful they are unwatchable.
It's tough to win on the road in the NFL despite the opponent.

Bills D at home is tough, they can get after the QB. Rodgers had the worst game of his career there just a few years ago.

Forget what you saw the last two years from the "genius" Rex Ryan. 

There will be money to be made betting on Buf as a home dog. Young QB in his first road game of the year, Buf should have been favoured. 

A classic TRAP week full of Road Favorites had my Spidey senses tingling. Thankfully we had a canary in the coal-mine in London,

which was enough for me to adjust my thinking. All the Home Dogs maybe got an extra bit of Intangible Boost Juice thanks to the Don's petulant rant.  All in all I managed to skate by in Survivor and FanDuel but the Dynasty team was doomed no matter what I did.  Hope you gamblers didn't suffer too much. 

Some of the conclusions drawn above might sound good now, but we will be surprised again, just when we think we have things figured out. Best to never think that way-- always be aware of the intangibles, including especially as we saw this week the west-to-east-jet lag (thought that can't explain the Fins pathetic display)

Users who are viewing this thread