What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Team Names? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
I searched and could not find, so apologies if this is a duplicate topic...

Anyone got anything clever this year?  

I used to name my teams after players I'd drafted, year after year.  But this year it seemed to curse me in FBB. I took Carlos Correa, so "Made in Correa" was a natural. And then he got hurt. Then I changed it to "Dirty Sanchez" and of course Aaron Sanchez got hurt.  Then I changed it to "Gregorious DIDi"....and what do you know - he got hurt. :doh:  

I really want to name at least one of my team after KHunt, because that's so delightfully classy, but I won't risk the jinx. I know jinxes aren't real, but dammit, theyre real to me. Never again. 

Whatcha got this year? Anything clever? I always love seeing the team names. Post em if ya got em. 

Most boring league names would be my 25 year redraft. We all went to college together, were business majors, and oddly, love to visit ACW battlefields. That and FF have kept us friends even though we are spread out across the globe. Anyway, about 7 teams are named after battles or generals or other Civil War figures, the other 5 are G rated (most guys are strong Christians.)

It's undoubtedly the nicest and most courteous league you can imagine. We're all competitive and love to win, but the "trash talk" on draft day is pretty subtle and good natured. Every single guy is a gentleman. I know, really weird wacky stuff.

Most boring league names would be my 25 year redraft. We all went to college together, were business majors, and oddly, love to visit ACW battlefields. That and FF have kept us friends even though we are spread out across the globe. Anyway, about 7 teams are named after battles or generals or other Civil War figures, the other 5 are G rated (most guys are strong Christians.)

It's undoubtedly the nicest and most courteous league you can imagine. We're all competitive and love to win, but the "trash talk" on draft day is pretty subtle and good natured. Every single guy is a gentleman. I know, really weird wacky stuff.
AP Hill's Todd Lyght Division

Last edited by a moderator:

AP Hill's Todd Lyght Division
Mine has been Morrow’s Maulers (Michigan 24th Iron Brigade) for the duration - think we 6 founders and 4 more who joined within 2 years - but for a couple of years when I was in a funk from my divorce and changed it Fighting Joe’s Hookers. Definitely the raciest innuendo our league has had for a team name.

:lmao:

Probably not surprising there’s a lot of khaki trousers & polo shirts at our draft, which we hold in Gettysburg. There’s usually an in depth 3-4 hour battlefield walk with a licensed guide afterwards.

Mine has been Morrow’s Maulers (Michigan 24th Iron Brigade) for the duration - think we 6 founders and 4 more who joined within 2 years - but for a couple of years when I was in a funk from my divorce and changed it Fighting Joe’s Hookers. Definitely the raciest innuendo our league has had for a team name.

:lmao:

Probably not surprising there’s a lot of khaki trousers & polo shirts at our draft, which we hold in Gettysburg. There’s usually an in depth 3-4 hour battlefield walk with a licensed guide afterwards.
Let me know if you have an opening. You couldn't handle the Fort Pillow Massaquoi.

I don't use this, but every year I post this name in this thread...

Off in the Endzone.

Nobody will get it right away, but they will after they brag after beating you.  

("Hey guys, I beat...")

An alternative is Off Constantly.

I've been running Pierre-Paul Hand Models Ltd in one league. Unfortunately lost to Vicks Dog Grooming Company at the weekend there 

My name is Karl Hungus.  One of the big lebowski nihilists.  It makes zero sense but his pic is funny as hell

A few funny (and offensive) ones I've seen this year:

Hangin with Hernandez

Running Back Lives Matter

My name is Karl Hungus.  One of the big lebowski nihilists.  It makes zero sense but his pic is funny as hell
 Did he fix the plumbing? 

Please tell me the picture you're using is the one from the dream sequence where he's running with the giant scissors 

My favorite team name in my league is "Stairway to Evans" ....Guy in my league lost the first week bc Tampa had their bye week. if he had Evans playing he would of won. After his loss he change his team name to Stairway to Evans..I just thought it was funny as heck when I saw the change..

I hate to steal @Shutout thunder but his needs to be in here.  I think it was in the Cooper Kupp thread he came up with "1 Gurley, 1Kupp".

I thought it was great.  

After losing this weekend due to terrible QB performance, I have changed my team name to: Dude, Where's My Carr?

I've had some seriously offensive team names over the years. I have one now. My other league, I'm Ser Friendzone. With a pic of jorah Mormont. 

Best I've seen this year: "It Ertz When Eifert."

Last year's best: "1.21 JJ Watts."

Neither are mine. I'm not that clever.

Users who are viewing this thread