What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Todd Gruley for Doug Martin & D Thomas (1 Viewer)

pbuchheim

Footballguy
Would you trade Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas for Todd Gurley and Sterling Sheppard? 

It is a 10 team .5 PPR league that starts 2 RB, 2 WR and 2 Flex.  If I accept Gurley he would be my third RB behind Bell and McCoy, thus he would be my flex.

In addition to Thomas, I currently have TY Hilton, DeAndre Hopkins and Amari Cooper, so I son't think the loss of Thomas will make too big of a difference.

What do you think?

I probably would do it, but I've not played fantasy football in any format for at least 10 years and don't know any of these players, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Eggs Benedict:

Make the hollandaise: Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat until it’s foamy but not yet beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.

Place egg yolks and 2 teaspoons water in a blender. Start blending, and, working very slowly, add the hot, melted butter until it’s all incorporated. (If it starts to get too thick to blend, add 1/2 teaspoon of water.) Add lemon juice and cayenne, though feel free to adjust the amounts to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the hollandaise to a small bowl, and place plastic wrap directly on the surface so it doesn’t form a skin. Set aside. (It will keep at room temperature while you work.)

Poach the eggs: Fill a medium pot with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar, season with salt and bring to a simmer. (Look for just a few bubbles; it should never boil.) Using the handle of a spoon or spatula, stir the water with a clockwise motion. Gently crack an egg into the center of the pot, letting the water swirl around it and allowing the white to envelop the yolk. Repeat with remaining eggs — you could probably do up to four at a time. Check the eggs after 4 minutes: Use a slotted spoon to lift an egg out of the water, and feel the white for firmness. If it's not quite done, slide it back in for another minute or so. Let cook until the whites are just set, but the yolks are still completely runny, 4 to 5 minutes. Once eggs are perfectly poached, remove from the water, and let drain on a plate lined with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Set eggs aside.

Using a toaster, toaster oven or regular oven, toast the English muffins until crisp and golden brown. Don’t be afraid to toast them thoroughly: They'll be covered in hollandaise and poached eggs, and will need to be sturdy.

Cook Canadian bacon or ham (or bacon) in a medium skillet over medium–high heat until golden brown and just crisp at the edges, about 6 minutes.

Assemble the Benedict: Place eight halves of English muffin on a plate and butter them generously. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, ham or bacon, then a poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over and sprinkle with chives, dill, flaky sea salt and black pepper.

Would you trade Doug Martin and Demaryius Thomas for Todd Gurley and Sterling Sheppard? 

It is a 10 team .5 PPR league that starts 2 RB, 2 WR and 2 Flex.  If I accept Gurley he would be my third RB behind Bell and McCoy, thus he would be my flex.

In addition to Thomas, I currently have TY Hilton, DeAndre Hopkins and Amari Cooper, so I son't think the loss of Thomas will make too big of a difference.

What do you think?
Is Villanueva available? I like that guy.

I would happily make that trade, on either side. Those are 4 really talented players and I'd be thrilled to have any of them on my magical football squadron.

It's a trick.  You were offered "Todd Gruley" in hopes you wouldn't notice the misspelling.  This would be like the time I thought I was being offered Adrian Peterson (MIN) but I was instead being offered Adrian Peterson (CHI).

Dung beetles, rabbits, chimps, and domestic dogs are among animals that are members of the dung diners' club. Most of them eat feces because it contains some undigested food—and thus vital nutrients—that would otherwise go to waste.

Eggs Benedict:

Make the hollandaise: Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat until it’s foamy but not yet beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.

Place egg yolks and 2 teaspoons water in a blender. Start blending, and, working very slowly, add the hot, melted butter until it’s all incorporated. (If it starts to get too thick to blend, add 1/2 teaspoon of water.) Add lemon juice and cayenne, though feel free to adjust the amounts to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the hollandaise to a small bowl, and place plastic wrap directly on the surface so it doesn’t form a skin. Set aside. (It will keep at room temperature while you work.)

Poach the eggs: Fill a medium pot with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar, season with salt and bring to a simmer. (Look for just a few bubbles; it should never boil.) Using the handle of a spoon or spatula, stir the water with a clockwise motion. Gently crack an egg into the center of the pot, letting the water swirl around it and allowing the white to envelop the yolk. Repeat with remaining eggs — you could probably do up to four at a time. Check the eggs after 4 minutes: Use a slotted spoon to lift an egg out of the water, and feel the white for firmness. If it's not quite done, slide it back in for another minute or so. Let cook until the whites are just set, but the yolks are still completely runny, 4 to 5 minutes. Once eggs are perfectly poached, remove from the water, and let drain on a plate lined with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Set eggs aside.

Using a toaster, toaster oven or regular oven, toast the English muffins until crisp and golden brown. Don’t be afraid to toast them thoroughly: They'll be covered in hollandaise and poached eggs, and will need to be sturdy.

Cook Canadian bacon or ham (or bacon) in a medium skillet over medium–high heat until golden brown and just crisp at the edges, about 6 minutes.

Assemble the Benedict: Place eight halves of English muffin on a plate and butter them generously. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, ham or bacon, then a poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over and sprinkle with chives, dill, flaky sea salt and black pepper.
I love this dish. 

But it needs more Gates.

McGarnicle said:
My bad...Gruley? That dude sucks. I thought you were getting Jon Gruden.
Head coaches league, obvi.

Yes, it is an option on ESPN. 

Stash Gruden while you can if a keeper format. 

sbonomo said:
Eggs Benedict:

:lmao:

sbonomo said:
Eggs Benedict:

Came for the lolz, stayed for the killer eggs benedict recipe.  10/10 would read again!

Users who are viewing this thread