What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Poole - Falcons (1 Viewer)

Berad10

Footballguy
Hey Guys,

Curious to get people's thoughts on this guy. He caught my eye last year as a bit of an everywhere man roaming the backfield in Atlanta. Whilst he is designated as CB in most sites, it's alsmot like he is brought in on a lot of packages and plays a Safety/CB hybrid role?

Hey Guys,

Curious to get people's thoughts on this guy. He caught my eye last year as a bit of an everywhere man roaming the backfield in Atlanta. Whilst he is designated as CB in most sites, it's alsmot like he is brought in on a lot of packages and plays a Safety/CB hybrid role?
Yeah he did the same thing last year as you mentioned, even played a little bit of linebacker but the problem was he wasn't a full-time starter and was only getting about 50 to 60% of the snaps so he was unusable. This week I think I saw he got about 80 to 90% of the snaps. He's always looked like he could play he just needs to stay on the field. I have access to the official NFL snap counts site and they usually list a player at what position they line up at not what Rotoworld or any of the fantasy hosting sites have them listed as and last week they listed Keanu Neal as the free safety and Allen as the strong safety. If that's the case and if Allen misses any time, you could find poole very near the line of scrimmage. I haven't watch tape yet, but I find it hard to believe that Neal was playing free safety but I will let you know when I know... But that would explain his lackluster numbers this year compared to last year and compared to Allen.

I think the numbers for Neal (and Allen, he's no better) are more about the LB's hoovering up a bunch of tackles.  Jones, Reid, and even still De'Vondre Campbell have put up a lot of numbers.

Regarding Poole, he's a 215 lb'er so he's definitely got some S size to him.  He's listed at CB too so this could be a huge boon for those leagues.  I'm putting in claims for him in all leagues I need DB help.

I think the numbers for Neal (and Allen, he's no better) are more about the LB's hoovering up a bunch of tackles.  Jones, Reid, and even still De'Vondre Campbell have put up a lot of numbers.

Regarding Poole, he's a 215 lb'er so he's definitely got some S size to him.  He's listed at CB too so this could be a huge boon for those leagues.  I'm putting in claims for him in all leagues I need DB help.
He's not available in mine. DEEP rosters!!

Thanks guys, also got the waiver claim in myself. Appreciate the thoughts.

On the whole gobbling up tackles, I have Landon Collins and BJ Goodson rostered as well. I find that when BJ plays, Landon struggles a bit, assuming due to BJ being a ball hawk and a bit like Wagner. Mr Everywhere.

I'm no homer, but as I understand it Kazee played for Ricardo Allen at FS which explains his snap count. As for Poole, because he's the slot CB, he was a victim of game script and  Buffalo just plain being a lame match up (at best) for CB's this season. 

Users who are viewing this thread