What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4: Drop Cam Newton for Andrew Luck? (1 Viewer)

validlogin

Footballguy
Is it time to drop Cam Newton in favor of Andrew Luck on the waiver wire? 

The big issue for me right now is I started the season 0-3, and I need to make a change.

I'm in a 12-person 0.5 PPR competitive league. QB scoring is standard. I have Cam Newton and Tyrod Taylor. Projections are showing Andrew Luck to be a better performer than Cam Newton down the stretch, and I have Tyrod Taylor to hold me over two weeks until Week 6. They have the same Bye. I don't have enough room on my bench as I'm carrying decent WR's and RB's, although I'd be willing to drop some. What do you think? Make the move or keep the faith?

• QB: Cam Newton
  • QB: Tyrod Taylor
  • WR: Amari Cooper
  • WR: Odell Beckham Jr.
  • WR: Allen Hurns
  • WR: Marqise Lee
  • WR: Mohamed Sanu
  • WR: Nelson Agholor (currently set to drop for waiver claim on RB: Wendell Smallwood)
  • RB: Tarik Cohen
  • RB: Isaiah Crowell
  • RB: Terrance West
  • RB: Bilal Powell
  • TE: Kyle Rudolph

I'd drop Taylor before Cam. Since Taylor's bye is coming up in week 6 you could be without a QB if Luck isn't ready by then. There is no guarantee that Luck will be ready or playable by week 6. I know Cam and Luck have the same bye but I would just wait and drop one of them further down the road for whomever is available on waivers week 11.  Also, if you don't get Smallwood I'd still drop Agholer for any RB lottery ticket available since you are really thin there.

I have no issue dropping Cam for Luck.  Cam's not running, he's going to be without Olsen for several weeks, and Benjamin is banged up right now.  Taylor is plenty good enough to hold you over for a while.  Just keep in mind Taylor's bye coming up soon, Luck may not be back in time so you'll have to find a 3rd one for that week

I’d drop Newton and Taylor to pick up Luck...Assuming he comes back healthy Luck is a top 5 qb. Newton and Taylor can be replaced with guys you can find on the waiver wire.

If I were you I would run to the ww and drop Taylor and pick up Luck. This is a no brainer

Users who are viewing this thread