What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hugh Hefner Dead at 91 (1 Viewer)

If you're of a certain age, Hef epitomized a cool swanky savoir faire.  If you're any younger, you probably know of him as a dirty old man.  But he was an influential figure who helped guide but mostly rode the coattails of the sexual revolution to fame and fortune.

Rip 

When most people die you say they went to a better place, impossible in Hef’s case :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that there's any amount of money I wouldn't pay to have his memories uploaded to my brain, Recall-style. Godspeed, superhero. 

When I was like 13 or 14, my friends and I had a giant stash of playboys hidden. I forget what happened, but one day a cop came out to our house for something and we had two playboys sitting there on the back of my mom's car. We were probably out back flipping through them and tossed them there to play hoops or whatever. She had a '73 something or other with one of those 6 foot long trunks. 

Anyhow, my mom comes out and the cop slyly turns the magazines over (back side up) and moved the side bind of the magazine to where she couldn't see the title while it sat on top of the car. He winked at my friend and I. Surely he went through the same thing at one point.

Coolest cop ever. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The ol' tree house the neighborhood gang built with a stack of playboys and stolen cigarettes.   We were kings thanks HEF! 

I can still see the cover of the 25th anniversary edition my dad had stashed away in the nightstand. I also remember my first one. Found it on the side of the road. Pristine. Jessica Hahn was the centerfold. I took the old hand to Hahn many a night!

My mom found a few Playboys under my bed while cleaning my room and when I came home from school, they were on my desk. She didn't say anything about it. My dad comes home and a little later on comes into the room and starts telling me that it's ok and that I don't have to hide them. I was probably like 15 at the time. As he was leaving I went to hand them to him. When he asked me why I was giving them to him, I said "Because they're yours"

Then he got pissed

RIP Hef! :banned:

According to reports, Hefner will be buried next to Marilyn Monroe at the Westwood Village Memorial Park in Los Angeles. Hefner purchased the crypt next to Monroe's for $75,000 in 1992.

we passing the hat to send a gift to his funeral?

maybe a gofundme campaign? we could probably raise a couple mil in a few hours.. buy something nice.

somehow, i am not moved. i mean, i am 100% a 1960's rock out, dad's Playboy drawer, quest-for-the-cool kinda kid. i even got suspended & sent back to Catholic school for dealing cut-out Playboy pix and ran peepshows of an early-blooming Portuguese girl i knew in an abandoned warehouse in the neighborhood. Hef was my idol, esp with the Playboy After Dark show.

now that i realize that the spoiled brat of the 60s has waaaay won out over the peace corps kid of the 60s, i kinda see that the ol perv with matching pre-fab blondes is more Hef than the social crusader was and i'm sad.

well, Mr Hefner did do wonderful & courageous things getting black & white folks to understand each other better, so there's that. thanks, Hef. RIP -

With the issues that included photos of what it looked like on the inside as fuel for your imagination there was always anticipation as you came around the bend heading south on Lake Shore Dr, seeing the Bunny logo on the Playboy Tower, and having your mind racing away wondering what was going on in there at that moment.

Thanks for the interviews, the reviews, the cartoons and most of all the photos. RIP Hef.

Never a huge fan of the the PB pics/magazine in general but you have to hand it to the guy for paving the way for guys like Larry Flynt and all the awesome dirty stuff out now. 

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread