What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Passengers are out of control on flights (1 Viewer)

sbonomo

Footballguy
I don't know if it is people trying to get their 30 minutes of fame post United, people trying to get paid off or just that people are idiots in general but this has to stop.  I hope the Judge throws the book at this idiot.  Oh, and great job of vetting professors Harvard.  This is who you chose to teach your students?  I hope they do the right thing and fire her as well (Southwest passenger is removed from flight).  On a personal note, get over people having dogs on a plane. I promise they will not bother you.  Happy Friday!

If you have a life threatening allergy, wouldn't you carry your own epi-pen with you at all times?  I'm thinking BS on that.
I will tell you, and not to turn this racial, but that community (meaning many from the ME) has a since of entitlement that is just absurd.  I as glad to see the police handle it how they did although i wish they would have tazzed her!

It was more of a shot at educational institutions in general.  The fact that she throws out that she is a professor is simply shameful IMO.  
She's an art teacher. I'm not surprised that she display some entitled snowflake characteristics. 

First, this lady sounds atrocious.

That said, it's not like people today are different from those travelling ten, twenty, thirty years ago... but the experience has become so pained and segregated.

Between having to pay for anything other than a middle seat, pay for luggage but then get stuck with no room to store it on the plane, increasingly rude and entitled airline staff, long lines sometimes even at TSA pre checks...flying has gone from novelty and luxury to fun to perfunctory to difficult to pain in the ### to emotionally exhausting and frustrating.

Doesnt excuse the behavior of most, but air travel has become just so darn stressful, it has pushed people's restraint to its limit. Worse so if you don't fly that often, are scared to a bit to begin with and don't have the money to afford TSA pre, non middle seats in the way back that board with no room for carry ons and the like. You then watch all the other people have a "somewhat" less stressful time and you end up with the short stick.

People can only have so much of a fuse and to a large degree in GENERAL, the airlines are to blame.

Again, doesn't excuse the behavior but helps us understand it.

and screw this entitled piece of crap. 

I'm just glad that this has turned out the way it has post-event.   I was really worried that the consensus would be that she was justified.    There's still hope for humanity.   
I thought the same thing. If I hear this broad gets a settlement from this, this kind of crap will happen all over the place. 

And who the hell has a deadly allergy to dogs? Peanuts, bee sting, venomous snakes (Snakes on a PLANE, MAN!), but dogs? Is itchy eyes the same as death now a days?

Let's break these morons down.  They're idiots.   There is no outcome where you are staying on it once the police are called.  So why fight to stay on the plane?   So are they just that dumb?  They liked to be forcefully dragged around?   Whether I am right or wrong, drunk or sober, I know when the police are called it is game over and I have to just do what they say until I get a chance to talk to someone in authority that can help me with my situation or get my one call to lawyer up.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It was more of a shot at educational institutions in general.  The fact that she throws out that she is a professor is simply shameful IMO.  
I'm sure you are aware that the video doesn't show a university getting thrown off the plane while saying "Do you know what I am?  I'm a university!"

Let's break these morons down.  They're idiots.   There is no outcome where you are staying on it once the police are called.  So why fight to stay on the plane?   So are they just that dumb?  They liked to be forcefully dragged around?   Whether I am right or wrong, drunk or sober, I know when the police are called it is game over and I have to just do what they say until I get a chance to talk to someone in authority that can help me with my situation or get my one call to lawyer up.  
Big part of what's wrong with out society that too many people are too stupid to realize. Cop tells you to do something, you do it. Plain and simple. Pull over? You pull over or they pull you over and wreck your car and write you a ticket for the accident and you pay for the damage to your car and there. Get on the ground, hands behind your head. On the ground or they put you on the ground and not all gentle like. Get off the plane? Either walk off under your own power or theirs. We saw how the later goes.

St. Louis just tore itself apart because a guy wouldn't pull over after committing a drug deal and then pulling a gun on a cop and being killed by said cop. If the guy just pulled over he'd likely still be alive. 

That said, it's not like people today are different from those travelling ten, twenty, thirty years ago... but the experience has become so pained and segregated. 
30 years ago, people didn't have 'emotional support animals' or 'life threatening allergies' both handcuffed with the 'I'm going to do whatever I want and screw everyone else' attitude. 

30 years ago, you got an a plane—it was also sort of a luxury back then, not a $69 wanna get away fare—sat your ### down and ate your bag of peanuts w/o worrying about someone screaming at you. We could also visit the cockpit and get plastic wings back then too, but this is why we can't have nice things.    

agreed

Between having to pay for anything other than a middle seat, pay for luggage but then get stuck with no room to store it on the plane, increasingly rude and entitled airline staff, long lines sometimes even at TSA pre checks...flying has gone from novelty and luxury to fun to perfunctory to difficult to pain in the ### to emotionally exhausting and frustrating.

Doesnt excuse the behavior of most, but air travel has become just so darn stressful, it has pushed people's restraint to its limit. Worse so if you don't fly that often, are scared to a bit to begin with and don't have the money to afford TSA pre, non middle seats in the way back that board with no room for carry ons and the like. You then watch all the other people have a "somewhat" less stressful time and you end up with the short stick.

People can only have so much of a fuse and to a large degree in GENERAL, the airlines are to blame.

Again, doesn't excuse the behavior but helps us understand it.

It's Southwest.  Don't have to pay for aisle or window seats, don't have to pay for luggage, airline staff is almost always extremely friendly.....

It's Southwest.  Don't have to pay for aisle or window seats, don't have to pay for luggage, airline staff is almost always extremely friendly.....
Fair point / was more musing on the industry in general.

Personaly I hate southwest - the stupid line and no known seating (without paying a lot more comparatively).

Its just the whole experience at the airport has gone from pain to complete #### show.

and to many here's point, the entitled overly sensitive passengers share a big role in that 

I thought the same thing. If I hear this broad gets a settlement from this, this kind of crap will happen all over the place. 

And who the hell has a deadly allergy to dogs? Peanuts, bee sting, venomous snakes (Snakes on a PLANE, MAN!), but dogs? Is itchy eyes the same as death now a days?
This is the main reason i posted this.  I know SW will probably do the right thing (refund of ticket and throw her some miles) but she is completely wrong.  Now we are rewarding people that are just wrong? It is just infuriating. 

I'll take this lady over constantly being surrounded by people sneezing, coughing up lungs, sniffling, and blowing their nose every single time I sit next to someone on a plane or an airport. 

(currently stuck in an airport in the middle of a 3 hour delay) :rage:

Ive spent way too much time travelling thus month..

This I hate...

Crowding around the gate before departure so people can't get through when their section is called. 

People who have to dry hump the baggage carousel even 20 mins before the bags get there so much so that you have no ####### #### at seeing your bag if it actually goes by and isn't a hot pink one with Minnie Mouse on it. It's not that difficult for everyone to stand 3-5 feet away from the carousel and wait until you see something that looks like your bag before stepping up and #### blocking everyone else's view.

If the plane has just landed, Unless you have a tight connection, sit the #### down and chill out. It takes a while before row 25 is getting off this Bad Larry. Relax, no need to jump 3 rows ahead, stop and help someone with their bag or something. 

Guy who boards early, then goes in the opposite direction of loading  traffic to get to the bathroom near the cockpit. Cmon bruh. 

Will edit as I sit here contemplating an Amtrak membership 

this is a tough subject b/c of our privacy laws, the issue of 'who's right' could fall in either direction. 

The airline requires medical proof of allergy, but you don't need any proof or reason to have an 'emotional support pet' other then you 'need it'—however, aren't there certain disability laws that do not allow the company/airline to require verification to prove special needs. I know b/c of the flack Disney got when they tried to modify their disability passes that they would be violating laws by making guests 'prove' that had a disability. 

So while I still think this chick was over dramatic and needs to be slapped, are we showing here that the rights of a pet and its owner are more important then that of someone who "might' suffer from a medical condition? 

Ive spent way too much time travelling thus month..

This I hate...

Crowding around the gate before departure so people can't get through when their section is called. 

People who have to dry hump the baggage carousel even 20 mins before the bags get there so much so that you have no ####### #### at seeing your bag if it actually goes by and isn't a hot pink one with Minnie Mouse on it. It's not that difficult for everyone to stand 3-5 feet away from the carousel and wait until you see something that looks like your bag before stepping up and #### blocking everyone else's view.

If the plane has just landed, Unless you have a tight connection, sit the #### down and chill out. It takes a while before row 25 is getting off this Bad Larry. Relax, no need to jump 3 rows ahead, stop and help someone with their bag or something. 

Guy who boards early, then goes in the opposite direction of loading  traffic to get to the bathroom near the cockpit. Cmon bruh. 

Will edit as I sit here contemplating an Amtrak membership 
great post

this is a tough subject b/c of our privacy laws, the issue of 'who's right' could fall in either direction. 

The airline requires medical proof of allergy, but you don't need any proof or reason to have an 'emotional support pet' other then you 'need it'—however, aren't there certain disability laws that do not allow the company/airline to require verification to prove special needs. I know b/c of the flack Disney got when they tried to modify their disability passes that they would be violating laws by making guests 'prove' that had a disability. 

So while I still think this chick was over dramatic and needs to be slapped, are we showing here that the rights of a pet and its owner are more important then that of someone who "might' suffer from a medical condition? 
One of the dogs was a paid passenger (it is $75 each way to bring a pet on in a carry bag) so i don't know that this falls in the same category.  Also, if she was actually "deathly allergic" to animals i am sure she would have let the airline know before hand so that she didn't die.  I am calling complete BS on her deadly allergy to dogs.   

ETA:  I know a Persian Dr in Encino that will write a Dr's note for just about anything so she can easily get a pass if she is smart.  Quick funny story - a friend of a friend was givinen a ticket at Dodger Stadium for peeing in the parking lot.  He paid his $200 to the aforementioned Doc to get a note for the judge saying that he had a urinary condition that caused the infraction.  What could the judge do but throw it out.  He has also written scrips for handicap parking for multiple people i know. Culturally they think it is their right.  Whatever.....

One of the dogs was a paid passenger (it is $75 each way to bring a pet on in a carry bag) so i don't know that this falls in the same category.  Also, if she was actually "deathly allergic" to animals i am sure she would have let the airline know before hand so that she didn't die.  I am calling complete BS on her deadly allergy to dogs.   
I'm extremely allergic to cats to the point where it would kill me if I am around them for an extended period of time.  Even being around a cat owner with no cat present if I'm not on my medication can cause my airway to become restricted.  Granted I carry medication in situations like this, but I can see where she is coming from.

I'm extremely allergic to cats to the point where it would kill me if I am around them for an extended period of time.  Even being around a cat owner with no cat present if I'm not on my medication can cause my airway to become restricted.  Granted I carry medication in situations like this, but I can see where she is coming from.
When  you fly do you let the airline know?  I don't really see many cats on board oddly enough but i am sure if you can transport a dog you can also transport a cat.  

When  you fly do you let the airline know?  I don't really see many cats on board oddly enough but i am sure if you can transport a dog you can also transport a cat.  
I've never seen a cat on board a flight I've been on, but if there was I would probably talk to someone to resolve it.  If needed I would probably just take a different flight rather than risk it.  I can't see a situation where I handle it to the point of being dragged off a flight.

Users who are viewing this thread