What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 ww pickups (1 Viewer)

Elijah McGuire?

Gotta start taking Watson seriously

Is Murray in line for RB1? Looks like trash to me, but McKinnon fumbled out of the wildcat and also had a bad drop

Tyler Kroft hasn't done anything in three years, that was big surprise today

Doesn't sound like Eifet will be back anytime soon

I have it on good authority that Josh Gordon will be back soon. (and by good authority, I read it in the Josh Gordon thread by anonymous sources.)

Murray will be the ball carrer, McKinnon will be passing downs and change of pace. Probably close to a 50-50 split however, maybe 60-40 in Murray's favor. 

I have it on good authority that Josh Gordon will be back soon. (and by good authority, I read it in the Josh Gordon thread by anonymous sources.)
Even if Josh Gordon were to be re-instated soon - he will not be back on the field soon...

Murray will be the ball carrer, McKinnon will be passing downs and change of pace. Probably close to a 50-50 split however, maybe 60-40 in Murray's favor. 
Based on last season, I wouldn't pay much for McKinnon. Murray didn't look good either. 

Is it just me or has the waiver wire sucked this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaron Brown and maybe John Brown.  Not figuring out the Arizona receiving corps.  They have 4 guys now and seems easy for one or more to disappear any given week.

Not for me. Fuller, Carson, Smith-Schuster Doctson, Kearse. Remains to be seen how they'll all turn out but guessing a couple of them will be steady contributors. 

What do you guys think of Trubisky? Will he be starting? Feeling a bit desperate with Mariota and Bradford as my qbs. 

He looked decent in a preseason game I watched. Got to be better than Keenum and other choices I would have. 

Not for me. Fuller, Carson, Smith-Schuster Doctson, Kearse. Remains to be seen how they'll all turn out but guessing a couple of them will be steady contributors. 
Carson was drafted in both my leagues. Other guys don't get me all that excited.

Carson was drafted in both my leagues. Other guys don't get me all that excited.
That's interesting. I'm in a 16 team league and he didn't get drafted.  He's like 1% owned at beginning of season on yahoo. Draft was early, though. Hard to get excited about anyone by week 4 but someone will emerge.  

That's interesting. I'm in a 16 team league and he didn't get drafted.  He's like 1% owned at beginning of season on yahoo. Draft was early, though. Hard to get excited about anyone by week 4 but someone will emerge.  
12 team league with 16 roster spots. Was picked up just before week 1. That's what happens in a league with a lot of sharks.

Gallman only played about a half otherwise he'd be jumping out more.  Darkwa and Perkins will probably cloud things again next week but Gallman feels like a great lotto ticket.

Who is in a better position Gallman, Alex Jones, Collins, or Elijah McGuire?
I'd rank them Collins, Gallman, Jones,  McGuire

Collins is the most talented and has the least competition but his fumbling problems could put him back on the bench and the ravens look like a bad offense. 

Gallman also has little competition but the giants oline is horrible and for some reason they won't give up on perkins. Even today gallman only got one touch until perkins got hurt in the 3rd. Also not crazy about gallmans upright running style.

Jones might only have value for a week or so but he still has value as a valuable handcuff because Williams looks bad.

Mcguire looked good but I can't imagine ever starting the backup rb on the jets. Powell would have to get hurt.

They should all be owned but I wouldn't be crazy excited about owning any of them. 

And I'd rank Murray over all of them. Murray seems like an all in candidate. So does Watson. 

Carson was drafted in 5 out of 7 leagues. You probably aren't playing with very knowledgeable individuals..... Carson had a great preseason and most knew Lacey was washed up n overweight,most knew Rawls didn't look the same last year coming back from injury and got hurt again and most figured he probably wouldn't be the same runner after his latest injury.It's pretty simple stuff.

With Hyde's ball control issues Breida should be on the list.
Strange comment.  You realize RB fumble every once in a while.  Zeke and David Johnson each coughed up the ball 5 times last year.  Hyde's fumble was recovered by his team. 

I'd rank them Collins, Gallman, Jones,  McGuire

Collins is the most talented and has the least competition but his fumbling problems could put him back on the bench and the ravens look like a bad offense. 

Gallman also has little competition but the giants oline is horrible and for some reason they won't give up on perkins. Even today gallman only got one touch until perkins got hurt in the 3rd. Also not crazy about gallmans upright running style.

Jones might only have value for a week or so but he still has value as a valuable handcuff because Williams looks bad.

Mcguire looked good but I can't imagine ever starting the backup rb on the jets. Powell would have to get hurt.

They should all be owned but I wouldn't be crazy excited about owning any of them. 

And I'd rank Murray over all of them. Murray seems like an all in candidate. So does Watson. 
I might rank Gallman higher than Collins due to his ability to catch passes and that he doesn't have a history of fumbles. Also with Perkins' injury if he misses the next game, Gallman will win that job outright IMHO. Was a night and day difference between Perkins and Gallman.

Best case scenario for Collins is that he has surpassed West as starter, and may even steal a little passing down work from Allen. According to rickyg in the Alex Collins thread

Harbaugh said after the game that he liked what collins did but he's on a short leash moving forward with the fumbles.  
So that's a thing.

Also Murray is definitely the most established of them, but boy he looked slow. Also I'm not sure he's going to get passing down work, even with McKinnon's folly today.

Goff

Watson

Kamara.

available in two 10 teams leagues Im in..

no interest in Minns backup RB. 

Fuller.

S. Shepherd

Its sucked for sure. With more committee situations/rookies developing steam/??? at RB, and with fantasy players more wise on discerning between a back-up versus a handcuff, its become more rare to find those waiver wire RB gems. TE has been an even more exaggerated crap-shoot with all of the injuries to the top of the position, and QB has been slow to emerge... and do we want to trust the Siemians and Watsons of the year yet?

There's been some WR gems, but WR is a plentiful position IMO, and few teams are looking for a replacement/risky upgrade.

Just noticed Tyrell Williams is available in one of my dynasty leagues.  Just a reminder to double check every week to see who's there.  

Love Murray as a pickup.  He's always looked unimpressive but produced.  McKinnen was terrible last year.

Carson was drafted in 5 out of 7 leagues. You probably aren't playing with very knowledgeable individuals..... Carson had a great preseason and most knew Lacey was washed up n overweight,most knew Rawls didn't look the same last year coming back from injury and got hurt again and most figured he probably wouldn't be the same runner after his latest injury.It's pretty simple stuff.
:lol: Sure. Why wouldn't you draft the fourth running back on the depth chart of a team with a known (I assume knowledgeable people knew) crappy offensive line; being a seventh round pick before week one. Seems legit.

Minnesota running game might be a situation to avoid entirely. No real clear backup and splitting that load isn't very appealing. League size is always the determining factor. 

Eddie Lacy

Mckissic? (Sp?) Seattle is a disaster at RB though.
Both guys are largely available, or should be. Beware on McKissic though, C.J. Prosise should play next week.

Minnesota running game might be a situation to avoid entirely. No real clear backup and splitting that load isn't very appealing. League size is always the determining factor. 
Not really true... Murray will get early down/goal line work, McKinnon 3rd down/passing down. There's no way McKinnon starts IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread