Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Hilts

Week 5 ww pickups

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, TwinTurbo said:

Powell is like Mercedes Lewis was last week. You know these guys are fools gold.

Wtf? The guy who was an rb2 all last year and went in the fifth rounds in drafts is fools gold?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamara on a bye could be a sneaky pick up moving forward as it just feels and seems like he will become more involved in all phases of the game? He has this difference maker about him and people say Peyton has a man-crush for him? Well, can he be trusted for a Flex spot or for heaven's sake a RB #2? Flex, yes. RB #2, perhaps a stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added Gallman in non-ppr (Powell, Lacy, Murray went before me)...then added Rawls after waivers cleared.  Was between he and Aaron Jones and I’m still contemplating Jones.  Basically wasting two roster spots with Ingram and Crowell right now.

Ingram seems like an ok keep...if Kamara gets dinged.

Crowell was a higher pick...but seems worthless.

 

PPR...despite being further down the list...I missed on several.  Grabbed Funchess (have Cooper and Crabtree struggling and hurt)...and added Collins but don’t love that in PPR (Gallman cleared waivers and I may swap them...have J Allen already who still scores ok in PPR).  And replaced J Cook with Engram.

Pissed at myself in both as I was ready to pickup D Watson and just didn’t get it done before the games. Missed out in both leagues.  One not as big of a deal to backup Brady (and I have Luck to maybe fall back on)...but would have made some good trade material.

 

 

Edited by sho nuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

Powell looked pedestrian on his touches besides the busted long touch down. McGuire should be owned in most leagues to see if his carries increase.

Take away the one big run and he still averaged 5ypc. Last year he averaged 5.5.  He may look pedestrian, but why is his performance so good per the stats, for the stinkin Jets?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Take away the one big run and he still averaged 5ypc. Last year he averaged 5.5.  He may look pedestrian, but why is his performance so good per the stats, for the stinkin Jets?

Prior to week 4, Powell was only averaging 2.6 ypc for 2017.

He's not trash by any means, personally I just think people are going to look at the stats and overpay on the WW. TD's going forward will be a challenge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PhantomJB said:

Prior to week 4, Powell was only averaging 2.6 ypc for 2017.

He's not trash by any means, personally I just think people are going to look at the stats and overpay on the WW. TD's going forward will be a challenge.

 

The offense stunk for 2 weeks and then they played the Phins and the Jags. I don't think they'll score many TDs and Mcguire could be the GL back.  Both are good receivers; Mcguire looks so natural catching passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised to see this on Jamaal Williams, and tempers my Aaron Jones enthusiasm a bit.
 

Quote

 

Speaking Tuesday, Packers RB Jamaal Williams (knee) said he's "good" and believes he can play Week 5 against the Cowboys.

Everything is turning up potentially bad for owners who splurged FAAB on Aaron Jones. Ty Montgomery (ribs) has already said he wants to play as long as no further damage can be done, and it sounds like Williams has a legitimate shot to suit up as well. ESPN's Adam Schefter hinted after last Thursday night that Williams' injury wasn't serious and could be back after the 10-day layoff. Monitoring the practice situation for these guys will be important this week.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely mentioned upthread so forgive me for not quoting if so, but do we need to consider Mike Williams (LAC WR)?  He may make his debut this week.  I am particularly curious as a Keenan Allen owner, he of the injury history.

Edited by Buck Bradcanon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another guy I didn't see mentioned is Trent Taylor.

It's not like there are many receiving options in San Francisco. Garcon was supposed to be the target monster in this offense, but looks like he's nearing the end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In PPR, here is how I have the WW RBs:

Murray  - Will get plenty of touches.  He is no Cook but should do ok. 

Gallman - In the RBBC mix and looks like the best RB in a Giants uniform.   He is not going to help now but should be useful by midseason.

Ellington - Only about 10 touches/week but half will be receptions which is a great floor in PPR

Collins - The best RB on the struggling Baltimore team.  Will be part of the RBBC but may work his way to decent carries as he outplays West.

Rawls - Messy RBBC in Seattle but eventually Rawls should rise to the top.

Kamara is not available in my league but he would be #2 on this list. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still floored seeing Kamara mentioned anywhere in this thread.  He was a late round draft pick at worst and is now a low end RB1/high RB2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how there is no consensus on Murray's value moving forward. Nobody seems convinced he'll be great but some are confident in RB2-level status whereas others see him as a middling option. Opinions really all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Still floored seeing Kamara mentioned anywhere in this thread.  He was a late round draft pick at worst and is now a low end RB1/high RB2.

Agreed. I got called out for mentioning Smallwood the other day while there were several comments being made about Kamara. Leagues are different obviously but in PPR Kamara should have been gobbled up in all but the smallest of leagues 2-3 weeks ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Still floored seeing Kamara mentioned anywhere in this thread.  He was a late round draft pick at worst and is now a low end RB1/high RB2.

starting the season as the 3rd RB in a pass-first offense, shorter benches, RB injuries, and in particular, Non-PPR leagues where his value is lower, I can completely understand how he could have been drafted & then dropped or simply not drafted at all. 

In my deep bench league, I drafted and have held him since, but can definitely see how he'd be available is a large number of leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are people's thoughts on J.D. McKissic as another element of the revolving door we call the Seattle backfield? Carroll seems to like the kid.

So many mouths to feed, but it's not like Prosise and Rawls tend to stay healthy and who knows which Lacy will show up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zamboni said:

What are people's thoughts on J.D. McKissic as another element of the revolving door we call the Seattle backfield? Carroll seems to like the kid.

So many mouths to feed, but it's not like Prosise and Rawls tend to stay healthy and who knows which Lacy will show up.

 

I got Rawls on waivers last night - so Lacy, Prosice and McKissic are all worthless ;)

Seems like Rawls/Lacy will fight for the "thumper" role while Prosice/McKissic will vie for the 3rd down role.  I don't really like the situation but wanted a piece of it in case the picture becomes clearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have Lev Bell, L. McCoy, T. Monty, T. Cohen, Frank Gore, D. Henry, and two of the Pats backfield (Burkhead and Lewis).  Plus the No. 1 Waiver priority.

 

...I just don't think there is anything out there worth blowing it on right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was able to land Ellington with the last priority. Pretty stoked. I think he's going to gobble up pass targets until DJ comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Megaton said:

I could see McGuire as becoming the main back and perhaps being startable as a flex player in the RB3 range with potential upside to an RB2.  Forte is in for a reduced role when/if he returns.   McGuire will be one of the better pick-ups this week.  

I watched McGuire run. I like him the best. Didn't bother with Murray. Gallman is 2nd. I wouldn't read too much into Powell's outburst. It was one of those weird plays where the defense thinks hes down and he gets up and runs for a long TD and the D is like wth? 75 yard TD right there instead of a 6 yard gain. I thought McGuire ran better, actually outran the defense (corners) for real on his TD. I was surprised to see he weighs 215 lbs on his profile. cos the way he moves I thought he was sub 200 lbs. I really liked what he has shown in this game. He has 10 lbs on Powell and looks quicker.

 

ETA Kamara was drafted by me. Never liked Murray.

Edited by mnmplayer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mnmplayer said:

I watched McGuire run. I like him the best. Didn't bother with Murray. Gallman is 2nd. I wouldn't read too much into Powell's outburst. It was one of those weird plays where the defense thinks hes down and he gets up and runs for a long TD and the D is like wth? 75 yard TD right there instead of a 6 yard gain. I thought McGuire ran better, actually outran the defense (corners) for real on his TD. I was surprised to see he weighs 215 lbs on his profile. cos the way he moves I thought he was sub 200 lbs. I really liked what he has shown in this game. He has 10 lbs on Powell and looks quicker.

 

ETA Kamara was drafted by me. Never liked Murray.

This is where I'm at. Grabbed McGuire and Gallman everywhere I could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

He's been pretty terrible

Bench him then. Dropping him outright is pretty nuts at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

He's been pretty terrible

2 decent games and 2 bad games(one where is whole team was trash and 1 against Denver). He is not a worthy drop unless you are a guppy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Powell has always been able to produce given opportunity. McGuire looks like a player, too. The problem is this coaching staff has already committed to a RBBC. 2 RBs can be productive in the right match-ups. Once Forte starts playing again, that screws it up for everyone. He looks like he is running in quicksand, but he also has the trust of the coaching staff.

Maybe McGuire overtakes Powell later in the season, but unless Forte gets traded or continues to get hurt (now a toe, but he always has a balky knee condition), I wouldn't get too excited about either. If Forte is out, then I would play Powell. McGuire is just a stash for later.  It all depends on your roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamsterdam said:

Was able to land Ellington with the last priority. Pretty stoked. I think he's going to gobble up pass targets until DJ comes back.

posted this in the Ellington thread...

  • Per Pro Football Focus, Andre Ellington has run 101 pass routes over the past three weeks, the most of all running backs in the NFL. Over that span, Ellington leads all backs in targets (22), receptions (14) and is second in receiving yards (145).
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Kamara on a bye could be a sneaky pick up moving forward

I If Kamara was on the waiver wire, I would FIND someone to drop to pick him up. 

To remove some of the vacuum from that statement, I play in 6 leagues. All are ppr with 20-man rosters and 8-9 starters. 1 is 10-team and the rest are 12-team.

Edit add: All my leagues are dynasty/keeper. But I would make the same statement even if I played redraft with similar roster/starter setup.

Edited by Phantom Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perkins and Darkwa returned to practice today. So much for those FAAB dollars on Gallman. :rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hotlanta said:

Perkins and Darkwa returned to practice today. So much for those FAAB dollars on Gallman. :rant:

Exact same for Ty Mont and Jamaal Williams re: Aaron Jones.  They are practicing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hotlanta said:

Perkins and Darkwa returned to practice today. So much for those FAAB dollars on Gallman. :rant:

Gallman was always going to have to beat them out long-term, which I think he will, because they aren't good. FAAB dollars are overrated anyway.

3 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Exact same for Ty Mont and Jamaal Williams re: Aaron Jones. They are practicing.

Padded practices start tomorrow which will tell us more. It's hard to read too much into today although this does sour Jones' outlook as a spot start this week for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

Exact same for Ty Mont and Jamaal Williams re: Aaron Jones.  They are practicing.

I  an still picking up Jones where I can afford to hold him for at least 3 or 4 weeks. I cashed out my chips on Montgomery within the last two weeks fearing he will prove to not be durable, exit games early etc.  

For the same reason and believing he is a better runner than Williams, I am holding with (much) hope that Jones will get enough carries to at least flex in the near future.

Where I have lots of/a weak bench, I have doubled down by rostering Mays as well.  Though I have had chances to roster JWilliams, someone else has always been willing to pay more than I.

Edited by Phantom Knight
Hate typos - even when aided and abetted by the microscopic entry screen and itsy bitsy "keyboard keys" on this cellphone.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Menace said:

Thoughts about Adam Humphries? He's got a good matchup against N.E.

Huge fan. Playing him wherever possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phantom Knight said:

I  still picking up Jones where I can afford to hold him for at least 3 or 4 weeks. I cashed out my chips on Montgomery within the last two weeks fearing he will prove to not be durable, exit games early etc.  For the same reason and believing he is a better runner than Williams, I am holding with (much) hope that Jones will gets enough carries to at least flex in the near future.

Where I have lots/weak bench, I have doubled down by rostering May as well.  Though I have had chances to roster JWilliams, someone else has always been willing to pay more.than I.

FWIW I completely agree.  Its a long season and Jones showed he can produce when given a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Gallman was always going to have to beat them out long-term, which I think he will, because they aren't good. FAAB dollars are overrated anyway.

 

Never understood the infatuation with Perkins. He's been putting up Trent Richardson-like numbers this year and has 0 career TDs.

Him and Darkwa would be practice squad fodder on any other team.

Edited by hotlanta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Didn't see much mention of Tyler Kroft in here. One week mirage or worth a look for those in a TE pinch i.e. about 3 quarters of most leagues?

Last week was very likely more so a product of the match-up vs. CLE who are terrible vs. TEs. Although Kroft saw more targets he played on less snaps than week 3 when Eifert missed time and the TE2 and TE3 whose names escape me saw some more burn that game. I probably wouldn't stream him vs. BUF who are bottom 6 in points allowed to TEs this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SameSongNDance said:

Last week was very likely more so a product of the match-up vs. CLE who are terrible vs. TEs. Although Kroft saw more targets he played on less snaps than week 3 when Eifert missed time and the TE2 and TE3 whose names escape me saw some more burn that game. I probably wouldn't stream him vs. BUF who are bottom 6 in points allowed to TEs this year.

Thank you for that insight. I've had a bad time with the position through Olsen, replaced with Doyle who scored minus 1 the week I used him, then, Ben Watson. Just looking for some upside out there, tough position this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Phantom Knight said:

I  an still picking up Jones where I can afford to hold him for at least 3 or 4 weeks. I cashed out my chips on Montgomery within the last two weeks fearing he will prove to not be durable, exit games early etc.  

For the same reason and believing he is a better runner than Williams, I am holding with (much) hope that Jones will get enough carries to at least flex in the near future.

Where I have lots of/a weak bench, I have doubled down by rostering May as well.  Though I have had chances to roster JWilliams, someone else has always been willing to pay more.than I.

Must not hate typos too much... :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mnmplayer said:

I watched McGuire run. I like him the best. Didn't bother with Murray. Gallman is 2nd. I wouldn't read too much into Powell's outburst. It was one of those weird plays where the defense thinks hes down and he gets up and runs for a long TD and the D is like wth? 75 yard TD right there instead of a 6 yard gain. I thought McGuire ran better, actually outran the defense (corners) for real on his TD. I was surprised to see he weighs 215 lbs on his profile. cos the way he moves I thought he was sub 200 lbs. I really liked what he has shown in this game. He has 10 lbs on Powell and looks quicker.

 

ETA Kamara was drafted by me. Never liked Murray.

I mostly agree with this, although I think Gallman has a better situation....with OBJ, Engram, BMarsh and SterSheo, defenses wont be stacking the box...Powell may be kind a a JAG, but he has been productive, he's a vet and won't be pushed aside as easily...Perkins was drafted a round later than Gallman and has been pretty awful this year after inheriting the job back in May..for me, .I guess it comes down to...1 . I have more faith in the Giants offense...2. Powell is ok and Perkins is putrid....but I do think McGuire has talent and I am prepared to be wrong on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NYRAGE said:

Powell has always been able to produce given opportunity. McGuire looks like a player, too. The problem is this coaching staff has already committed to a RBBC. 2 RBs can be productive in the right match-ups. Once Forte starts playing again, that screws it up for everyone. He looks like he is running in quicksand, but he also has the trust of the coaching staff.

Maybe McGuire overtakes Powell later in the season, but unless Forte gets traded or continues to get hurt (now a toe, but he always has a balky knee condition), I wouldn't get too excited about either. If Forte is out, then I would play Powell. McGuire is just a stash for later.  It all depends on your roster.

Forte is done...great career, but that turf toe is not getting better, even with surgery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Huge fan. Playing him wherever possible.

Slot WRs vs. NE..

B. Coleman - 6 targets, 4/82/1

B. Ellington - 7 targets, 4/59/1

T. Hil - 8 targets, 7/133/1 

 

I don't know how much damage Funchess did out of the slot last week but he had 9 targets and a 7/70/2 line.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Slot WRs vs. NE..

B. Coleman - 6 targets, 4/82/1

B. Ellington - 7 targets, 4/59/1

T. Hil - 8 targets, 7/133/1 

 

I don't know how much damage Funchess did out of the slot last week but he had 9 targets and a 7/70/2 line.

 

At least one of the TD was out of the slot.  My suspicion would be a good chunk of Funchess' production came out of the slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hotlanta said:

Never understood the infatuation with Perkins. He's been putting up Trent Richardson-like numbers this year and has 0 career TDs.

Him and Darkwa would be practice squad fodder on any other team.

If RB help is needed immediately, Murray, Kamara, or Ellington should be picked up.  If you can hold a RB for a few weeks to see if they rise to the top, pick up Gallman or McGuire. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Slot WRs vs. NE..

B. Coleman - 6 targets, 4/82/1

B. Ellington - 7 targets, 4/59/1

T. Hil - 8 targets, 7/133/1 

 

I don't know how much damage Funchess did out of the slot last week but he had 9 targets and a 7/70/2 line.

 

Let me add that Cameron Brate sees snaps in the slot AND the Y position in 2 TE sets, so play Brate also. I definitely am.

 

#JustGetsTDs 

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Let me add that Cameron Brate sees snaps in the slot AND the Y position in 2 TE sets, so play Brate also. I definitely am.

 

#JustGetsTDs 

Good info. Bit sick of struggling with the TE position this year, might take a shot with this guy, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got rid of a terrible Hoyer as my backup and picked up the next great Bears QB....Trubisky!  

Edited by Megaton
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hotlanta said:

Perkins and Darkwa returned to practice today. So much for those FAAB dollars on Gallman. :rant:

Gallman looked much better than those other guys. I would still look to have Gallman on my roster if I felt I needed backup material/bye week filler at that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.