What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.D. McKissic, FA (1 Viewer)

FYI he is currently listed as WR on CBS.  In some leagues that could be a big advantage. 

steelers1080 said:
He's back to the bench after Prosise comes back. 
I know this sounds sarcastic, but you do realize that Prosise has not played more than 5 consecutive games in the NFL, right?

Maybe he's finally beat the injury bug, but stashing McKissic doesn't seem like a horrible bet, if you have a deep enough bench.

Originally I was concerned about three things:
1) McKissic's size/weight (was 5'10" 187 at this pro-day)
2) His explosiveness as an athlete
3) His opportunity

Couple interesting things I've found here ... idk what to make of them.

1) He's listed at 195 on the Seahawks website.  As a converted WR, he likely started training differently to bulk up a bit for the rigors of being a RB.  That puts him on the smaller end of the RB scale, but possibly big enough.

2) I saw something on twitter that Pete Carroll said McKissic's pro day was performed on a broken foot, which explains the lackluster times.  I looked at his NFL Draftscout page and was rather unimpressed, but if all that happened on a broken foot ... maybe he's a better athlete than I thought.

3) Seahawks players were lobbying Carroll to play McKissic

“He has been spectacular in practice,” Carroll said on 710 ESPN Seattle’s “The Pete Carroll Show.””He really has. I catch so much grief from Sherman from Doug and those guys, you know. They can’t wait to give me the needle on this one. Boy, we’ve loved his play.”

Carroll continued: “He’s so consistently on in practice. He works so hard at everything he does. He’s full speed every step of the way and he plays that way, and that’s why our guys love him so much.”

“I think he’s a ballplayer,” Baldwin said. “That’s what he does. He plays football and he’s phenomenal at it obviously. We were excited for his success. I wasn’t surprised at all.”

“Well, he’s a baller,” Wilson said on Sunday. “He can really run the ball really well and he can do some special things. He was able to make some key plays there at the end and just do some special things. Honestly, like I always say to you guys – it’s no surprise. He puts the hard work in. 
Petey Sunshine strikes me as the type to try to prove he's smarter than everyone else, and he's absolutely instituted a culture in the clubhouse that rewards guys who earn it.  Other players think McKissic has earned a shot.  It's plausible to me that he's the best fit for that OL and offense with the way it's constructed right now, given his explosiveness and ability to make someone miss (something that may not be a strength of Lacy or Rawls).  There are certainly worse ways to spend a roster spot.  I'm intrigued to see how this story develops.

I don't care what the combine numbers were, Procise status, or whatever else people want to throw out there, he's a baller and ballers find their way onto the field. I scooped him up. That last time I saw that type of explosion is the first few TDs I witnessed from Tyreek Hill. Yes please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care what the combine numbers were, Procise status, or whatever else people want to throw out there, he's a baller and ballers find their way onto the field. I scooped him up. That last time I saw that type of explosion is the first few TDs I witnessed from Tyreek Hill. Yes please.
Run JDMc

He passed through waivers. I plan on picking him up once a trade gets processed tonight (3 for 2). Hopefully no one grabs him before then. 

I am interested. Even before reading about teammates "clamouring" for him. THAT sort of news ALWAYS piques my interest.

Even so, in (ppr, non-idp, dynasty/keeper) leagues with 200-240 players (including K & Def) rostered, I was only comfortable creating space on 1 of 5 teams.

In a 12-team dynasty with 30-man rosters, I did not put a bid in on him figuring someone would outbid me anyway. He went unclaimed. THAT shocked me. He is now on my roster and J Malone (Bengals rookie wr) is not.

People are sleeping on this guy.  It is like nobody believes anybody is going to rise out of this hot mess.  I had to settle for Lacy on the ww.   And when I saw McKissic still there, I thought why not.  

From what I saw of the guy last Sunday he looked pretty good to me. Definitely stood out. Never heard of him before. Thanks JFS for the information about players on defense lobbying for the guy to play. You don't hear something that very often.

From what I saw of the guy last Sunday he looked pretty good to me. Definitely stood out. Never heard of him before. Thanks JFS for the information about players on defense lobbying for the guy to play. You don't hear something that very often.
Of course you hadn't heard of him. Before last week he was a RB5 on his team. Seattle loves Prosise. McKissic probably won't even see the field unless the game gets out of control.

Just looking at where he's been - he was undrafted and signed with the Falcons.

Here's his first NFL touch. I'm assuming it was against 27th stringers but whatever.

He was cut, signed to the Practice Squad, promoted, then waived again. The fact that he didn't make it on the 53-man as a WR/RB with the Falcons as an undrafted rookie isn't exactly a mark against him considering who they already have. 

Then he made it to the Seahawks practice squad and where we are today. I pay extra attention to these guys that just sort of seem to out-kick their own coverage. I have room so I'll add him for a week or two and see what happens. 

Of course you hadn't heard of him. Before last week he was a RB5 on his team. Seattle loves Prosise. McKissic probably won't even see the field unless the game gets out of control.
On the surface McKissic looks like a legit longshot.  And yes, Seattle seems to love Prosise.  But love him or not, if he can't stay on the field.....same goes for Rawls and Lacy

:shrug:  he looked better than the other RBs they were playing besides Carson I think. Lacy did have one nice run that I saw then basically a plodder again.

:shrug:  he looked better than the other RBs they were playing besides Carson I think. Lacy did have one nice run that I saw then basically a plodder again.
He's not an early down guy. He's a pass catcher who has Prosise ahead of him. I'm just saying temper your expectations.

I don't have any expectations.

Just saying he looked good when he was out there. That is all.
That's basically all I was saying.  There's two parts to the equation: opportunity, and whether the guy is any good.

I wasn't sure he was that good, even though he looked the part on the plays I saw.  I like to see that backed up with metrics to justify what my eyes just told me.  We don't exactly have that here, but we have a plausible reason why the metrics look meh, given Carroll said he did his entire pro day on a broken foot.  For the life of me I can't find that tweet, but I know I read it.  Then you've got Sherman and Baldwin, two team leaders, two guys who kinda came out of nowhere and weren't supposed to be stars, going to the coach and lobbying for this guy to play.  The guy Baldwin stumped for all camp was Chris Carson.  Now we're finding out he's been stumping for McKissic too.  Maybe the kid can play?

As for the opportunity, idk if Lacy has it anymore.  I'm not sure if Rawls' various injuries have sapped what he once was.  I'm not sure Prosise is currently or can stay healthy.

:shrug:

Prosise DNP on Wednesday. Keeping an eye on this. Passed the eyeball test for sure. Maybe it was because it was the Colts, but he looked damn good on limited touches.

For anybody trying to figure out who prevails in this RB mess is just guessing.  Right now, Rawls, Lacy, Prosise, Mckissic should all be owned for this week - and hopefully something will clear up this weekend.

Just tried that but WR only for my league
The guy that picked him up off waivers in my league put him at RB and the site let him.

I am the commissioner so I tried it out. I moved him to the bench and when I went to put him back into the line-up he was listed as WR and RB and all of those slots were available for me to place him in.

People are sleeping on this guy.  It is like nobody believes anybody is going to rise out of this hot mess.  I had to settle for Lacy on the ww.   And when I saw McKissic still there, I thought why not.  
I'm kind of in that category. I have the claim ready to go to drop Lockett and pick up McKissic but I am just not sure much happens in this backfield. 

assuming Lacy is healthy he likely gets the early down work until Rawls is back. then you have Procise who will at some time be healthy and take the passing work. 

realistically I'm not sure he takes the reigns and never gives them up, because there are too many injuries on players they seem to like more than him... and I think it's reasonable for us to assume when  Rawls or Procise are healthy that McKissic will take a back seat

Someone convince me otherwise

If CJ is out on game day, I'm in, but until then I'm waiting for at least one injury to the other guys

yoadrian said:
If CJ is out on game day, I'm in, but until then I'm waiting for at least one injury to the other guys
Agreed. Starting him with confidence if Prosise is out. And in my CBS Sportsline league he is listed as a WR. Always nice to be able to start a WR that is an RB in disgusie (like Ty Montgomery last year)

If CJ is out, should he get the start over guys around Cooper Kupp / Cole Beasley?  Volume wise, it would be like adding a 3rd RB, so I am highly considering.

If CJ is out, I'm rolling JDMc out there over Javorious Allen in the flex and yes I'm still bitter about the London game.  :angry:

C.J. Prosise (ankle) is listed as doubtful for Week 5.

He'll miss his second straight game. With Prosise sidelined, J.D. McKissic should handle pass-down work. McKissic -- listed as a receiver in CBS leagues -- is on the FLEX radar.

..And I'm in, dropped Rawls for him. I might regret it but I don't need to start either one this week. Trying to catch lightning in a bottle here

The Seattle Times expects J.D. McKissic to have a big role in Week 5.

McKissic is locked into pass game work with C.J. Prosise sidelined and Chris Carson out for the year. The Seahawks didn't play McKissic until the second half last week, but he flashed on limited snaps, scoring two touchdowns on five touches. It’s possible McKissic could overtake Prosise with another strong game.

Source: Seattle Times

Oct 7 - 5:34 PM

Garcon. McKissic is probably going to play on like 25% of the snaps. You have to go with Garcon whose going to be on the field 85% of the time and see 8-10 targets in a plus match-up.
Agreed but I McKissic also has a plus match up and probably 8-10 targets/touches himself 

Users who are viewing this thread