What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 5 (1 Viewer)

I know people seem a bit nervous for him vs seattle, but I think you gotta take the almost 2k savings from the top rbs.
It's like the lions defense- They keep scoring respectably and I'll keep playing them. Noticed hunt went up $100 despite having yet to play. Typically those guys stay the same.

Mccown/asj/kearse stack vs Cleveland? Who's comin with me?
Not that far down the rabbit hole, but I did think about McCown for cash on DK. Even he can get 14pts vs Cleveland, right?? 

On FD, Powell is probably too cheap too if Forte is still banged up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So many near misses this past week, it's frustrating. So many guys I played last week that did nothing and had good games this week. So many WRs that did nothing this week for me and left me inside of 5 pts to cash 

Punt plays of the week?

Jaron Brown $4500 vs. the depleted secondary of the Eagles. Or DeVante Parker $6100 vs. the trash secondary of the TItans.

Edit: Rishard Matthews $5600.  Hopefully Marriota plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
First pass through for cash game...not liking QB or WR options too much, so I jumped on the RBs...

Brissett - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Garcon/Kearse - Ertz - Bullock - Oak

I can see me sticking with the 2 RBs and having the rest of this evolve through the week.

So many near misses this past week, it's frustrating. So many guys I played last week that did nothing and had good games this week. So many WRs that did nothing this week for me and left me inside of 5 pts to cash 
How are you narrowing down your WR plays? Who did you use this last week? 

All logic team.  Thinking these will be most owned

HOU QB       Can't beat the price.  Still too low per performance.

PIT RB          vs JAX, Bell should have a Bell day

NYJ RB         vs CLE, enough said

TB WR          NE  DEF horrible.  Evans and maybe DJ  score.  Get off the main slate and on on full slate  

SD TE          I think TE has scored vs NYG every week

BUF DEF     Good Andy, bad Andy.   This week I am thinking bad Andy. 

Just fill in the rest with the right guys.

All logic team.  Thinking these will be most owned

HOU QB       Can't beat the price.  Still too low per performance.

PIT RB          vs JAX, Bell should have a Bell day

NYJ RB         vs CLE, enough said

TB WR          NE  DEF horrible.  Evans and maybe DJ  score.  Get off the main slate and on on full slate  

SD TE          I think TE has scored vs NYG every week

BUF DEF     Good Andy, bad Andy.   This week I am thinking bad Andy. 

Just fill in the rest with the right guys.
:confused:   I think this may be a little misguided.  CLE rush defense hasn't been too bad this year.  They are 8th in yds per game.  Worst performance was vs. Baltimore where Allen ran for 14/66, Collins for 7/42, and West for 8/22/1.   They have given up 4 TDs to RBs (2 through the air), but that is similar to most of the league.  They are right in the middle of the pack in terms of points allowed to RBs.  Now, if you wanted to target WRs vs the Browns...

:confused:   I think this may be a little misguided.  CLE rush defense hasn't been too bad this year.  They are 8th in yds per game.  Worst performance was vs. Baltimore where Allen ran for 14/66, Collins for 7/42, and West for 8/22/1.   They have given up 4 TDs to RBs (2 through the air), but that is similar to most of the league.  They are right in the middle of the pack in terms of points allowed to RBs.  Now, if you wanted to target WRs vs the Browns...
Thanks.  Did not know that.  Still believe at the price and having to pay for Bell if you want him, Powell will be highly owned after last week. 

I still do not trust SD TE spot either.  Just stating what I see at this point.

Thanks.  Did not know that.  Still believe at the price and having to pay for Bell if you want him, Powell will be highly owned after last week. 

I still do not trust SD TE spot either.  Just stating what I see at this point.
You don't know which SD TE will catch the passes. Pass on the situation and go clay or asj (or gronk with both starting lb out or brate). Cleveland is 32nd vs te I believe 

agree with ASJ and Clay.  Thinking fill in spots could be Ja Brown, Ty Williams, or W Fuller.  All priced decent, and have individual matchups that rock. 

Hogan, it you can afford it (full slate)  I think Brady will put up a Brady game.  Just too expensive.  Fanduel has made him almost impossible to use. 

Have not seen implied point totals yet, but I assume that the highest will be

KC vs HOU

GB vs DAL

NE vs TB

• Really like WR  on GB, NE and TB

agree with ASJ and Clay.  Thinking fill in spots could be Ja Brown, Ty Williams, or W Fuller.  All priced decent, and have individual matchups that rock. 

Hogan, it you can afford it (full slate)  I think Brady will put up a Brady game.  Just too expensive.  Fanduel has made him almost impossible to use. 
Use Winston instead. Every qb has put up at least 300/2 vs ne

How are you narrowing down your WR plays? Who did you use this last week? 
Julio, fitz, Tate, martavis, and Watkins in particular this past week. Had a lot of julio exposure, simply bad luck there. Fitz was cheap, I keep waiting for martavis to have a 3/150/2 game he’s capable of, Rhodes on jones so I figured Tate would get 7-10 targets, first time I’ve used Watkins but expected a lot of points vs Dallas. I had some green and Lockett, they were ok. Mostly burned by julio though, when you pay up for rbs and julio it leaves the rest of the lineup a little thin. 

Julio, fitz, Tate, martavis, and Watkins in particular this past week. Had a lot of julio exposure, simply bad luck there. Fitz was cheap, I keep waiting for martavis to have a 3/150/2 game he’s capable of, Rhodes on jones so I figured Tate would get 7-10 targets, first time I’ve used Watkins but expected a lot of points vs Dallas. I had some green and Lockett, they were ok. Mostly burned by julio though, when you pay up for rbs and julio it leaves the rest of the lineup a little thin. 
Julio was not in a blow up spot.  The highest I went in cash was AJ Green.  Bills are a legit D. Had in a couple GPP teams.

Fitz - had him in cash

Tate - almost had him in cash, but went with lower priced WRs.  I think once Mixon went down the game bogged down.

Martavis - GPP only

Watkins - role is not really defined yet and Gurley was the play.  DAL CBs play close to the edges and funnels to slot producers (Cobb this week).

It can become a PITA, but it gives you the opportunity to throw in a few superstacks on high total games that could really pay off.
You think superstack is the way to go?  So far I've just rotated among the players in the predicted high scoring games maxing out at 4 per game with some flyers from the other games.

finger11 said:
Julio was not in a blow up spot.  The highest I went in cash was AJ Green.  Bills are a legit D. Had in a couple GPP teams.

Fitz - had him in cash

Tate - almost had him in cash, but went with lower priced WRs.  I think once Mixon went down the game bogged down.

Martavis - GPP only

Watkins - role is not really defined yet and Gurley was the play.  DAL CBs play close to the edges and funnels to slot producers (Cobb this week).
I liked julio over the other high priced guys and always had enough to get him. Martavis was in a couple cash lineups of mine, and that was a mistake. I’m a martavis backer, I think he’s pretty awesome but probably needs to get back to game speed. Ben hasn’t had the deep ball, he tried a couple times but they couldn’t connect. Fitz was cheap coming off a big week and perhaps I was chasing points, Watkins too. While I agree that the bills are underrated, but I wasn’t a buyer before last week. I thought the falcons at home would be a good spot for julio, and perhaps it would have played out differently without the injury. Tate I explained earlier. 

When im crafting my lineups for cash I usually take a look at qb/te and see if I want to pay up or go cheap. I usually go cheap to middle at def and k. If I’m paying up I look at the low priced wr I can live with and try to go from there 

You think superstack is the way to go?  So far I've just rotated among the players in the predicted high scoring games maxing out at 4 per game with some flyers from the other games.
I do for a entry or two, that's the freedom having many entries affords you, I'd be all over superstacking GB/DALL and KC/Houst

thoughts on my WR "candidate pool" for week 5 / anyone you would "disqualify" ?

top shelf

jordy, cobb, dez, obj, ab, garcon

tier 2

baldwin, ajgreen, nuk, tyreek, fish, chargers (not allen), colts, lions

thoughts on my WR "candidate pool" for week 5 / anyone you would "disqualify" ?

top shelf

jordy, cobb, dez, obj, ab, garcon

tier 2

baldwin, ajgreen, nuk, tyreek, fish, chargers (not allen), colts, lions
My cash lineup has Jordy and nuk and the lions, so I’m on board. I probably won’t be looking at ab or obj. Jax is defending the pass and getting to the qb and can’t stop the run so I’m steering clear of steelers other than bell for cash. I also rolled out Hoyer so garçon is playable. 

My cash lineup has Jordy and nuk and the lions, so I’m on board. I probably won’t be looking at ab or obj. Jax is defending the pass and getting to the qb and can’t stop the run so I’m steering clear of steelers other than bell for cash. I also rolled out Hoyer so garçon is playable. 
thanks.  I think rodgers and dak will be the chalk and I like pivots to Ben and Eli.  Jax has been stout against the pass but I think Steelers O is starting to "wake up" and Ben will have a surprise big day.  I also like Wilson, Hoyer, Brisette and Palmer as Pivots.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Fish don't turn it around this week, but I'm avoiding them period until they show up and play a good game.

Current Thurs-Mon $1gpp:

Brady - Gurley/Gordon - Cooks/Humphries/D.Jax - Gronk - Folk - Det. 

Will adjust later probably, but wanted to get that game stack for fun while watching tonight (and so will everybody else). 

Game theory really had me tempted to put something in and fade the game, but yeah... 

KarmaPolice said:
Current Thurs-Mon $1gpp:

Brady - Gurley/Gordon - Cooks/Humphries/D.Jax - Gronk - Folk - Det. 

Will adjust later probably, but wanted to get that game stack for fun while watching tonight (and so will everybody else). 

Game theory really had me tempted to put something in and fade the game, but yeah... 
I like it.  Also for fun $0.25 / $1 / $2 gpps:

Brady - Ellington/Bell - Cooks/Humphries/Dez - Ertz - Folk - Bills

Brady - Gallman/Ellington - Evans/Hogan/Diggs - Gronk - Crosby - Giants

Crab Legs - McCoy/Bell - Thielen/DJax/Parker - Brate - Bailey - Eagles

Patriots secondary may be playing an undrafted rookie in the secondary covering the slot. 

Or maybe Belichick just benches all the starters in the secondary.  Or maybe he has already killed them in their sleep.

High-priced guys I'm willing to pay for this week

Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, LeSean McCoy, LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt, Jordy Nelson, Mike Evans, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Jr., Travis Kelce, Jimmy Graham, Baltimore Defense.

High-priced guys I am avoiding

Ben Roethlisberger, Leonard Fournette, Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Alshon Jeffery, Rob Gronkowski, Seattle Defense.

Cheap guys I want on my ticket

Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Josh McCown, Bryan Hoyer, Andre Ellington, Wendell Smallwood, Frank Gore, Desean Jackson, Cooper Kupp, Cameron Brate, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Evan Engram, Hunter Henry. 

Of course when Gronk is a scratch and you've only invested $0.25 in a couple GPPs you can do silly stuff like give Allen and Hollister a start for giggles.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, LeSean McCoy, LeVeon Bell, Kareem Hunt, Jordy Nelson, Mike Evans, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Odell Beckham, Jr., Travis Kelce, Jimmy Graham, Baltimore Defense.

Ben Roethlisberger, Leonard Fournette, Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Alshon Jeffery, Rob Gronkowski, Seattle Defense.

Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Josh McCown, Bryan Hoyer, Andre Ellington, Wendell Smallwood, Frank Gore, Desean Jackson, Cooper Kupp, Cameron Brate, Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Evan Engram, Hunter Henry. 
I like your list.  Unfortunately I fear Jimmy Graham will never have a good fantasy game ever again until he is traded away from the Seahawks.  Such a shame.  He was a fantasy god in New Orleans.

:lol:

Fournette, Ben, and Cooks were on my gpp list. 

Oof. What a dud game. 

I did a Brady stack on one gpp, and faded the game for the other one.  Never thought the 2nd option might be the better one after the game was done. 

KarmaPolice said:
Oof. What a dud game. 

I did a Brady stack on one gpp, and faded the game for the other one.  Never thought the 2nd option might be the better one after the game was done. 
I had Nick Folk and Hollister in most of my lineups (lmao) but one of them still has a shot to squeeze out a little cash....

Winston McCoy Bell DJax Thielen Parker Brate Bailey Eagles ..... got 47 points from Winston / Djax / Brate.

Users who are viewing this thread