What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel week 5 (1 Viewer)

I had Nick Folk and Hollister in most of my lineups (lmao) but one of them still has a shot to squeeze out a little cash....

Winston McCoy Bell DJax Thielen Parker Brate Bailey Eagles ..... got 47 points from Winston / Djax / Brate.
It did catch up a bit at the end and guys like Brate were solid plays, just not a game for the 7 player game stacks like people thought it could be. 

:lol:

Fournette, Ben, and Cooks were on my gpp list. 
Hey, I'm just another doofus with an opinion.

But I've been down on Cooks since the preseason. This Patriots WR situation reminds me of the Oakland situation. I don't care that Cooks and Cooper are more talented, I'll take their cheaper WR teammates every week.

I like your list.  Unfortunately I fear Jimmy Graham will never have a good fantasy game ever again until he is traded away from the Seahawks.  Such a shame.  He was a fantasy god in New Orleans.
I don't call everything correctly, obviously. But I didn't like that trade to Seattle from the beginning for Graham. What a waste.

I like your list.  Unfortunately I fear Jimmy Graham will never have a good fantasy game ever again until he is traded away from the Seahawks.  Such a shame.  He was a fantasy god in New Orleans.
Yeah, I've never understood why they gave up so much to get him but then almost refuse to make him part of the game plan. Was pretty good most of last season but still too many games with 2-3 targets.

Had a death in the family so haven't had a chance to check in or do much research. Threw these together.

Cash ( in 4 $2 50/50 )

Eli Zeke Gurly Jordy Fitz Parker Clay Elliott Jets

$2 SE GPP

Rivers Ajayi Hyde Jordy Dez Baldwin Henry Boswell Bills

I'm strongly considering Miami DST if Mariota is a scratch. $4100 is pretty cheap and the Titans are barely decent with Mariota, who is critical to everything they want to do on offense. I might be all-in on Parker too -- Titans secondary is < good. 

I'm strongly considering Miami DST if Mariota is a scratch. $4100 is pretty cheap and the Titans are barely decent with Mariota, who is critical to everything they want to do on offense. I might be all-in on Parker too -- Titans secondary is < good. 
Originally had Mia in the gpp above. Will probably go back to them if Mariota is out.

TY is one of my favorite GPP plays.  Might as well stack with Brissett. 
This is something I'm looking at for cash actually. Feels a little high-variance in a couple spots though. But Brissett lets me go straight big-name chalk at RB and WR1 and 2. 

Anyone considering Brissett in cash? I can't believe I just typed that. 
He is in my initial lineup that I posted on page 1 for a cash game.  Usually I have worked over the line up by now and it looks completely different, but it is Friday and I still have it entered in half my cash games.  I am still not sure that line up will stick as I am iffy on Kearse and will probably change the kicker.  That line up was...

Brissett - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Garcon/Kearse - Ertz - Bullock - Oak

The line up in the other half of my cash games right now is...

Watson - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Fitz/Parker - Engram - Catanzaro - Oak

He is in my initial lineup that I posted on page 1 for a cash game.  Usually I have worked over the line up by now and it looks completely different, but it is Friday and I still have it entered in half my cash games.  I am still not sure that line up will stick as I am iffy on Kearse and will probably change the kicker.  That line up was...

Brissett - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Garcon Hopkins/Kearse Jaron Brown - Ertz - Bullock - Oak
Was just tinkering...that is an interesting adjustment.  Jaron Brown is getting used an awful lot recently...12 targets last week...for a $4500 player.  I could leave Garcon in there and pivot off Brissett to Wilson with the savings too.  

building main slate lineups for the first time this week.

My initial reaction is noticing the low projected point totals for the slate as whole.  DAL is the only team projected to score over 26.  I usually play 2 cash+ LUs each week but may stick to just one -- is there a reason to get away from that DAL/GB game?

First pass: Dak, Gurley/Powell, Dez/Jordy/D. Parker,  Ertz, Vinatieri, OAK 

Last edited by a moderator:
building main slate lineups for the first time this week.

My initial reaction is noticing the low projected point totals for the slate as whole.  DAL is the only team projected to score over 26.  I usually play 2 cash+ LUs each week but may stick to just one -- is there a reason to get away from that DAL/GB game?

First pass: Dak, Gurley/Powell, Dez/Jordy/D. Parker,  Ertz, Vinatieri, OAK 
I suppose there is a second one I like:
Eli, Zeke/Bell, OBJ/R. Matthews/J. Brown, Clay, Crosby, Eagles.

Couple WR pay downs on that roster but some studs. Matthews was to get off 100% D. Parker but if no Mariota have to assume a downgrade there.  We'll see where I settle by Sunday as far as number of LUs

Isn't Brisett a bit risky for cash? I know he had one good game, but he also hasn't reached 2x the other 3 games.  

Just don't see why Dak wouldn't be damn near 100% owned on a low scoring week with Dallas being the only decent total on the week too. He's only a few 100 more than guys like jacoby and Watson too. 

Isn't Brisett a bit risky for cash? I know he had one good game, but he also hasn't reached 2x the other 3 games.  

Just don't see why Dak wouldn't be damn near 100% owned on a low scoring week with Dallas being the only decent total on the week too. He's only a few 100 more than guys like jacoby and Watson too. 
I think it is going to be a heavy Zeke game.  

I think it is going to be a heavy Zeke game.  
I think GB has been decent vs the run this year too, no? 

JMO, but figured the cash core for the week would be starting off with Dak, Bell, Gurley.  I could see trying Zeke instead of one of those and using another qb (Rodgers or Wilson?), but still think Brisett is too risky for cash. 

I think GB has been decent vs the run this year too, no? 

JMO, but figured the cash core for the week would be starting off with Dak, Bell, Gurley.  I could see trying Zeke instead of one of those and using another qb (Rodgers or Wilson?), but still think Brisett is too risky for cash. 
You are probably right... but Indy match ups always seem so enticing.  I can get a lot of studs in the line up with Brissett.  Just the quick peek in the Elliot profile on FanDuel shows GB as 19th vs the run and 5th vs. pass.

You are probably right... but Indy match ups always seem so enticing.  I can get a lot of studs in the line up with Brissett.  Just the quick peek in the Elliot profile on FanDuel shows GB as 19th vs the run and 5th vs. pass.
Yeah, just looked at my notes.  GB is 15th in pass DVOA and 19th in rush DVOA.  You are probably right in that they don't seem to give up many points to the QB position on the year though.   Not sure what the answer is, just talking aloud here.  I admit that I get in the mindframe of paying up at QB and RB in cash on FD, so I was surprised at so many mentions of Jacoby as a cash QB this week (and also admit that this is a weird week).

I just took a peek - looks like Dak and A.Smith are the only 2 qbs who have hit 2x in all their games this season so far.  Watson, Goff, Palmer, Rivers, and Rodgers have done it 3 of 4 games. 

Gurley is the only main rb to hit value all 4 games (and he gets a price decrease?), and Fournette and Hunt have done it 3 of 4 times. 

Jordy, Hogan, and Jaron are the WRs that have played more than 3 games to hit 2x more than 50% of the time. 

Clay and Brate were the only TEs do hit 2x more than 50% of the time too. 

Of course there are other factors like salary increases, increased role in offense, etc.  Just thought it was interesting. 

I am finding it hard to get away from a cash core of:  Dak/Bell/Gurley/Jordy.   Use a TE like Clay/Engram/ASJ and Philly+Vinateri, and that leaves almost 12K for the other 2 WRs - so that could be Jaron Brown and 7.4K left for a WR:  Hilton, Baldwin, T.Hill?   Could also punt more at TE and get Hopkins or Dez in there.  Long story short, what I have now is:

Dak - Bell/Gurley - Jordy/Hilton/Jaron Brown - Engram - Vinateri - Philly.

I like Dak, but for the sake of argument, for less than a 10% premium I can get Big Ben at home with an angry AB and an awake Bell versus Blake Bortles.  I know that Jax defense has been showing out but I think the Steelers are emerging.  My majority QBs for main slate GPPs are Rodgers, Ben, Palmer, Brissett and (gulp) McCown.  I may take a significant position in Smith also....I think the Chiefs might have enough Watson game tape to solve that riddle.

I like Dak, but for the sake of argument, for less than a 10% premium I can get Big Ben at home with an angry AB and an awake Bell versus Blake Bortles.  I know that Jax defense has been showing out but I think the Steelers are emerging.  My majority QBs for main slate GPPs are Rodgers, Ben, Palmer, Brissett and (gulp) McCown.  I may take a significant position in Smith also....I think the Chiefs might have enough Watson game tape to solve that riddle.
Honestly, there is not much I won't look at for gpps, but it's a different animal than cash.  Jax are no joke vs. WRs and QBs, so you will get them at a lower ownership I would think.  I really like JuJu this week if the main Jax Cbs take care of Brown and Bryant.  I had thought about a Ben-Juju stack and maybe pair it with Bell as well.  If Dak ends up as my cash QB, for sure I will look elsewhere for my gpp Qbs.  On FD, I will probably do Rodgers, but not sure who else. 

One thing I heard about Palmer and Az is that that historically they are terrible going east for an early game - I assume that's why Philly D is so popular. 

One thing I heard about Palmer and Az is that that historically they are terrible going east for an early game - I assume that's why Philly D is so popular. 
Fletcher Cox is out this Sunday, so the thinking is that Fitz is going to go off this weekend. 

Palmer has 300 yards and a TD in every game this year. 

I have a Palmer/Fitz/Jaron stack in the $7 Sunday million.

Fletcher Cox is out this Sunday, so the thinking is that Fitz is going to go off this weekend. 

Palmer has 300 yards and a TD in every game this year. 

I have a Palmer/Fitz/Jaron stack in the $7 Sunday million.
Fair enough - like I said, there isn't much that I wouldn't consider in gpps.  They have 0 for rbs, so Palmer need to pass 50x a game. 

Well, here is where I am landing on for cash this morning.  Haven't been stacking in cash, but this seemed to fit too well to overlook:

Dak - Bell/Gurley - Dez/Cobb/Parker - Engram - Vinateri - Philly

I liked having Nelson in there, but this rearragement got me off of Jaron Brown up to Parker and still kept some action in the Dall/GB game. 

Thoughts?

Well, here is where I am landing on for cash this morning.  Haven't been stacking in cash, but this seemed to fit too well to overlook:

I liked having Nelson in there, but this rearragement got me off of Jaron Brown up to Parker and still kept some action in the Dall/GB game. 

Thoughts?
Dak/Dez seems like a risky stack for cash. Dez'll get a ton of targets but I'm not sure it will translate into a bunch of catches. 

Dak/Dez seems like a risky stack for cash. Dez'll get a ton of targets but I'm not sure it will translate into a bunch of catches. 
The reason I looked here is he is top 10 as far as targets/game and I think trails only Fitz for RZ targets/game at WR.  

Seems like every podcast I listen to is saying to lock him for cash (could be more DK-leaning too).  I think I also read that he has had one of the hardest 4 weeks to start the season as far as matchup/CB coverage and he has still produced too.  :shrug:

I like Dez-Bell/Gurley -GB WR - 5.7KTE or lower - Adam - Philly as a core, but I am being indecisive with the other 2 WRs. 

The reason I looked here is he is top 10 as far as targets/game and I think trails only Fitz for RZ targets/game at WR.  

Seems like every podcast I listen to is saying to lock him for cash (could be more DK-leaning too).  I think I also read that he has had one of the hardest 4 weeks to start the season as far as matchup/CB coverage and he has still produced too.  :shrug:

I like Dez-Bell/Gurley -GB WR - 5.7KTE or lower - Adam - Philly as a core, but I am being indecisive with the other 2 WRs. 
Dez has produced? 12.3, 8.2, 15.4, 5.3 FD points thus far. He has 40 targets but only 16 receptions. 

Dez has produced? 12.3, 8.2, 15.4, 5.3 FD points thus far. He has 40 targets but only 16 receptions. 
Fair points, and thanks for the discussion. 

I just looked and the same goes for Fitz, who everybody also seems to talk up in cash - he has only hit 2x once this year and was saved by an OT TD last week.  I get what you are saying about the price difference too, but also this week since Gurley is so cheap there isn't much to do with the salary that I saw by using somebody like Fitz over Dez.. 

For FD, I think the best you can do at these volatile positions is try to get guys with targets and RZ looks, and for guys with 8+ targets/g and more than 1 RZ target/g, the only guys on the list that I see are Hopkins, Fitz, Dez, and Diggs.  I think Nelson is very close too.  Diggs is out b/c of MNF, but I guess Hopkins might be a possible pivot from Dez too. 

One thing that steered me off of Fitz a tad is that Ellington and Jaron saw more targets than he did last week and John B saw the same.  Guys like Dez and Hopkins are a higher % of their team's targets (which I am sure adds to their extra salary too). 

Why exactly are people on philly D?  I get home team with west going to east at 1pm.  However, if Palmer, Fitz, and Jaron Brown are good plays this week the numbers don't add up. I would be more interested in the Giants for less.  

Why exactly are people on philly D?  I get home team with west going to east at 1pm.  However, if Palmer, Fitz, and Jaron Brown are good plays this week the numbers don't add up. I would be more interested in the Giants for less.  
Probably their history with the east coast 1pm games and the # of sacks allowed.  I think Az has let 17 sacks on the year, and if there is a strength to the Philly D it's their front 7.  Not sure Palmers int rate, but if Philly is in position to get 5 sacks+turnovers, that is good for the price.  

ETA: also, I think Vegas has a low team total for them too - <20, if I remember right. 

Hello all - back for another week of torture .............

Hit my cash L/U last week, minor cash in two GPP's, so, all in all, virtually a wash. Current cash L/U for this week, constructs as 125.2 points on the IVC, so, I'm thinking I should be comfortable with it ............ but for some reason, I'm not. Would be interested in some thoughts on this one:

QB/Palmer, RB/Bell - Gurley, WR/Fitzgerald - Cobb - D. Parker, TE/Ertz, K/ J. Elliott, DEF/PITT. 

KarmaPolice said:

Thoughts?
For cash, Parker is probably a safer bet than Jaron but you're still subject to being victimized by the Jaybirds (Cutler and Ajai).  Maybe Sterling Shepard is a safer play?  But then you'd have Shepard and Engram, so how about Shepard and ASJ?  Whatever you do, don't trust me :P

Something else to consider for tomorrow; weather. Rain is forecast for Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Philly & Miami - perhaps during the game, perhaps not. Cincy seems like the most likely for significant weather during the game. 

DukeBroadway said:
FWIW, the cost/value chart has the Philadelphia DEF ranked 1st. I agree, though, in that it seems rather odd

Oddly enough, yes; Jaron Brown ranked 4th & LFitz 6th. Very strange ........... guess they're figuring on a bunch of sacks and a pic or two
Probably a volume thing.  Az could be held to 14pts, give up 4 sacks and a pick, and Palmer could have 330yds and 2tds.  D would do well enough for cash, and the wrs could still get production too. 

Something else to consider for tomorrow; weather. Rain is forecast for Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Philly & Miami - perhaps during the game, perhaps not. Cincy seems like the most likely for significant weather during the game. 
all I see when I look is light rain in Cinci, but no weather anywhere else. 

Alright, so I have been persuaded away from Brissett.  Looking at Manning who is the exact same price.  LAC is a good pass D, but Eli is throwing almost 50 times a game.  He ought to hit value with the volume he racks up.  Got two cash lineups that I have settled into for now, but I may just go all in on one of them... 

Manning - Elliott/Gurley - Nelson/Hopkins/Ja. Brown - Ertz - Vinatieri - Oak

Watson - Bell/Gurley - Nelson/Bryant/Ja. Brown - Engram - Vinatieri - Oak

KarmaPolice said:

Thoughts?
wow im playing 1 gpp lineup and its basically this but with jaron brown.  great minds think alike i guess.  :unsure:   should i try to get jaron out of there?

wow im playing 1 gpp lineup and its basically this but with jaron brown.  great minds think alike i guess.  :unsure:   should i try to get jaron out of there?
If Jaron is in there, where did you pay up at?  

MAYBE in a gpp you might want to flip somebody out of there, as I think all of these guys could be pretty highly owned?  Hell, you could just putz with the K and D and get some differentiation if you really like your core, or just keep it as is b/c even if a lot of these guys are highly owned, what % of LUs have that exact configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread