What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Petty - R.I.P. to one of the greats of Rock Music (1 Viewer)

Oh no!! Cmon Tom,  pull through this!!

Was unconscious in full cardiac arrest and was put on life support.

:(

Last edited by a moderator:
As in he's dead or recovered?!?
The link in the first post is being updated. No word.

UPDATE:  We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Well crap  :no:

I've only seen him one time but it was a fantastic show. It doesn't sound good at all but praying that he can pull thru. 

He looked to be moving very slowly at the concert as I noted but still pulled it off.  This really, really sucks.  

I love the songs off his first 5 albums as much as anything from that era. Refugee, Breakdown, American Girl, Here comes my Girl, The Waiting, Don't do me like that, You got Lucky, etc. Even Stop Draggin' My Heart Around with Stevie. Always figured eventually I'd see him live. :(  

Man, my first concert when I was a kid.  Loved his music, his childhood home was literally next door to mine.  Sad to hear it.

Saw him in West Palm this past April. Amazing show. I wish I'd seen him in his prime, but I'm glad I got the chance this last tour.

I love the songs off his first 5 albums as much as anything from that era. Refugee, Breakdown, American Girl, Here comes my Girl, The Waiting, Don't do me like that, You got Lucky, etc. Even Stop Draggin' My Heart Around with Stevie. Always figured eventually I'd see him live. :(  
Agree about his first 5 albums. That said  I thought his most recent Hypnotic Eye was fantastic. That got more airplay in my car than any other CD I bought that year. 

Dammit.  If losing Prince and Bowie felt like losing epochal talents, losing Petty feels like losing a guy who might have been the very best at a narrower range of music.  I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love American Girl/The Waiting era TFP. 

Damn. I just saw him a couple months ago for the first time. They put on a hell of a show.

Years ago I was working for that catering company here in KC. We did all the backstage catering for the venues in town. 

Anyway, Tom Petty was a guy who came through a couple of times, and every time he was just a cool dude to everyone. Including all of us serving food to him and his crew. 

What a bummer. 

Dammit.  If losing Prince and Bowie felt like losing epochal talents, losing Petty feels like losing a guy who might have been the very best at a narrower range of music.  I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love American Girl/The Waiting era TFP. 
Exactly. They were literally 1/2/3 on my list of artists I was going to try to see next. Man, this sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread