What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add Murray, Lacy, or Gallman? (1 Viewer)

chasyone

Footballguy
10 team standard, no PPR, start 2 RB, Flex

Im 5th in the waiver order. Who should I make my priority add? Murray, Lacy, Gallman

my rbs - Freeman, McCoy, Rodgers(Martin is back), Kelly, Carson(out). Need to add RB for rest of season

Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have an outside shot at Gallman but 1. Murray and 2.Lacy should both be gone by your pick.

I would actually rank them as:

1. Lacy - Sure he has bust potential but he looked decent (albeit vs the Colts) on Sunday.  At this point I would take the risk
  2. Murray - As a Vikes fan that has watched every play, Murray can't do what Cook does and with the O-line (although it is improved) troubles Murray really only gets what is blocked for him.  I don't see the upside.  I put him at two because he should get the volume.
  3. Gallman - Giants line is terrible.  Gallman will get a chance but I don't see the upside of Lacy or the volume of Murray.  That is why I have him as #3   

As a Raiders fan, you have more with Murray than you think. No, he's no where near the caliber of Cook at making something happen, but he's very good at taking what he's given and he's also got the speed to take it the distance if he gets to the second level. I believe Murray would have been much more coveted (in both the league and FF) if he'd have received more of a RB1's volume last year. He did quite a bit with low volume. He's basically going to be the guy in Minnesota now as he can play 3 downs. The only real concern is his ankle, but he's played through injury before. I'd personally have him higher than Lacy.

As a Raiders fan, you have more with Murray than you think. No, he's no where near the caliber of Cook at making something happen, but he's very good at taking what he's given and he's also got the speed to take it the distance if he gets to the second level. I believe Murray would have been much more coveted (in both the league and FF) if he'd have received more of a RB1's volume last year. He did quite a bit with low volume. He's basically going to be the guy in Minnesota now as he can play 3 downs. The only real concern is his ankle, but he's played through injury before. I'd personally have him higher than Lacy.
That is exactly what I think he is.  The problem is the Vikes O-Line is nowhere near the Raiders O-line was last year.  Murray will not be given very much at all.  Cook made plays out of nothing making guys miss and getting yards after contact.  Murray does not do that.  That is why I think he won't do much.  He will be ok because the volume should be there but he isn't going to do anything more that what the line blocks for him.....which won't be much.

the Vikes O-Line is nowhere near the Raiders O-line
True, but you also have to remember that without Bradford, defenses have had the luxury of focusing more on Cook than the pass. Once Bradford comes back, it should open up the run game a bit more. And while not exactly on the level of the Raiders/Cowboys, the Vikes still have one of the better olines in football right now.

I think Gallman gets more work each week as the season progresses.   He looks pretty good compared to Perkins.  

Users who are viewing this thread