What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All FBG forums team - early edition (1 Viewer)

Hankmoody

Footballguy
I was scrolling through my teams and it's amazing how many spot starters I have that were first identified here so I thought I would create a roster that "if you had listened to us" you'd be loving right about now.  Starting requirements - 2 DE 1DT 3 LB 2 S 1 CB 1 flex:

DE - Melvin Ingram.  This might be cheating, but if you followed us in March we were speculating that the worthless OLB you have been carrying for 3 years was about to pop in value. S T U D.
DE - Alex Okafor.  #10 scoring DL in my league.  Another position change alert you should have tracked.
DT - Trevon Coley.
LB - Ramon Humber.  #8 LB while he's healthy, hopefully the ride continues.
LB - Nick Vigil.  #11LB for a buck on waiver?  Yes please.
Flex - Jon Bostic.  #15LB.  In my 16 man league this bum is an LB1.  For free.  Thanks forum guys!
S - Tyvon Branch.  #1 overall DB.  A vet we had written off but he's clearly back.  ARI does it again.
S - Matthias Farley.  What a great find by @Robar getting us #8DB out of nowhere
CB -  Adoree Jackson.  #7CB in return yard league, whoa. 
Flex - BJ Goodson.  He's missed a couple of games so we rotate him at flex right now.

Depth - Jerry Hughes.  Yes, a former LB that re-designated to DL based on coaching/scheme change.  You do have this forum bookmarked now, right?
Depth - Joe Schobert.  A disappointing #23LB.  We're all the way down into mid-LB2 territory here so he's not starting for us.
Depth - Kevin Byard.  This took a pretty big leap of faith with the tackle vacuum that Cyprien had been in front of Byard, but it's paying off big now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not breaking out the DL and DB forces us to cut out quite a few gems that have been mined here. :D

I received an invite to a startup, 50+ roster, start 11 IDPers league 5 years ago and that was my first foray into IDP after over a decade of FF (at the time, now up to 15+years).

This forum has been a huge help in finding IDP players across all 5 positions, be it stop gaps or sleeper studs. Worrilow & Woodyard were the first big digs. Okafor, Humber, Farley, Bostick, Schobert, and Byard are the latest.... keep it up, er'body! 

Not breaking out the DL and DB forces us to cut out quite a few gems that have been mined here. :D

I received an invite to a startup, 50+ roster, start 11 IDPers league 5 years ago and that was my first foray into IDP after over a decade of FF (at the time, now up to 15+years).

This forum has been a huge help in finding IDP players across all 5 positions, be it stop gaps or sleeper studs. Worrilow & Woodyard were the first big digs. Okafor, Humber, Farley, Bostick, Schobert, and Byard are the latest.... keep it up, er'body! 
Great point, added a DT and CB requirement.  I need options though, not recalling any really good CB spotlights.

AJ Bouye & Adoree Jackson fit. Bouye was pointed out pretty quickly in the snap count thread and Jackson in a kick return thread. 

I was scrolling through my teams and it's amazing how many spot starters I have that were first identified here so I thought I would create a roster that "if you had listened to us" you'd be loving right about now.  Starting requirements - 2 DE 1DT 3 LB 2 S 1 CB 1 flex:

DE - Melvin Ingram.  This might be cheating, but if you followed us in March we were speculating that the worthless OLB you have been carrying for 3 years was about to pop in value. S T U D.
DE - Alex Okafor.  #10 scoring DL in my league.  Another position change alert you should have tracked.
DT - Trevon Coley.
Flex - Jon Bostic.  #15LB.  In my 16 man league this bum is an LB1.  For free.  Thanks forum guys!
S - Tyvon Branch.  #1 overall DB.  A vet we had written off but he's clearly back.  ARI does it again.
S - Matthias Farley.  What a great find by @Robar getting us #8DB out of nowhere
CB -
Flex - BJ Goodson.  He's missed a couple of games so we rotate him at flex right now.

Depth - Jerry Hughes.  Yes, a former LB that re-designated to DL based on coaching/scheme change.  You do have this forum bookmarked now, right?
Depth - Joe Schobert.  A disappointing #23LB.  We're all the way down into mid-LB2 territory here so he's not starting for us.
Depth - Kevin Byard.  This took a pretty big leap of faith with the tackle vacuum that Cyprien had been in front of Byard, but it's paying off big now.
Great call, been riding Humber, but I believe he was injured this week. Hopefully we get an update soon.

DT - Trevon Coley.
CB -

The post of mine I've pasted below where a good chunk of your list came from I assume, and telling everyone in another thread that Branch was the locked in starter next to Mathieu around the same time frame though Bethea and Baker were getting all the pub, are my proudest moments this year. 

I know there's people in my leagues reading what I post but I don't care, I like helping you guys. I haven't been able to help much the last few weeks due to two jobs, studying for my MCSE cert next month, taking my last 3 college classes this semester, and my 5th child's due the 30th.

I will say a few things real quick since I'm here. If you're an Humber owner, it appears Matt Milano is the new starter but probably only worth a spot in deep dyno's. Also it may have been due to easing Foster back in, but Spaight started and played nearly every down until he got hurt trying to tackle Kelce early 3rd QTR and missed two drives, but he was by far the best LB on the field in my eyes, #50 was everywhere, I'd keep an eye on him. Vonn Bell is nearly playing a full time role as a LB and although Robertson immediately replaced an injured Anzalone, Bell played 90% and looked really good to me, just not many opportunities against a hapless dolphins unit that couldn't sustain drives. Bell is a must pickup/hold and Robertson could be useful again in deep leagues if Anzalone misses time. That's all I can think of right now. 

Posted August 8 by Robar · 

Morrison is a 2 down run stuffer, Bostic is the LB to own.

Malik Hooker is the popular name in Indy, but so far Matthias Farley has taken every SS snap and I have a hunch it stays that way.

Deatrich Wise is in the driver's seat to start oppo Flowers at DE in New England. Kid has all the talent in the world but health is a huge factor.

Sounds like all the talk regarding LB in buffalo is who starts in the middle between Brown and Ragland, but under the radar, Ramon Humber has all but won the 3 down WLB job.

It's a killer year for free agent IDPs.  I've picked up these guys based on snap counts, Norton/Bramel/Rudnicki, and the boards a bit.  These are all since mid-July... practically full IDP rosters for pennies.

On the other hand, I dropped Jaquiski Tartt in a couple of leagues - dang.

Z22

• DL7 Anthony Zettel $1 
  • DL22 Emmanuel Ogbah $1
  • DL36 David Bass $1
  • LB11 Demario Davis $1
  • LB20 Ramon Humber $1
  • LB22 Cory James $1
  • LB33 Jon Bostic $1
  • LB36 Kyle Van Noy $1
  • DB3 Tyvon Branch $1
  • DB20 Adoree Jackson $1
  • DB22 Derrick Kindred $1