What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Kings Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Going with the stack against the Pats D in cash for now 

Winston

Gurley, Hyde 

Evan, Humphries, R Matthews

J Cook

Howard

Jets

Good grief, it might be a gpp week again.  Was looking at cash possibilities for a bit and came up with something like:

Rivers- Bell/Gurley/DukeJ- Landry/Marshall/j.brown - AS-J - Buffalo

That is a lot of ####ty qbs I am depending on for cash.  DK seems to be adjusting up prices quicker after somebody has a decent game, like that Cin TE.  Didn't see too many value plays, but will look more when I get home and can look at targets and red zone stats. 

Yea I’m just putting the lineup above in my league and two small 50/50. I can’t put something together I like so taking it easy this week 

Winston

Bell, Hyde

R Matthews, Humphries, R Anderson

Cook

Gurley

Jets

Replaced Evans with Anderson and replaced Howard with Bell

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston

Bell, Hyde

R Matthews, Humphries, R Anderson

Cook

Gurley

Jets

Replaced Evans with Anderson and replaced Howard with Bell

Thoughts?
That is a rough one.  Pats have looked so bad it's hard not having Evans in there, but then it's probably him or one of the rbs,  and I usually lean rbs in cash myself.  

Just starting to listen to my pile of podcasts for the week, and usually I will get an idea or two from them as well- like them suggesting Miller and Powell last week. I will let you know if I find any value or other ideas. 

Looking at stuff more, there are some savings at rb.  Guys like Duke, Gallman, Lacy, Ellington, etc have a decent shot at some targets and touches.  Others that are slightly more that could be gpps options that I like are White, McCaffrey, and Gordon (6k??).   There actually seems to be some interesting cheap rb plays this week. Chargers are giving up 150yds/g on the ground.  If there is any hint that gallman might get more work, that is a great sub4k flex. 

If I was doing Thurs cash, I would try to fit in Bell and 4 qbs/wrs from the Tb/ne and gb/dall games. 

Is a core of winston, bell, dez, cobb, amendola, AS-J, doable for cash (something on those lines)? 

I might try a cheap gpp or two for Thurs fun and do a similar idea but try to squeeze in Rodgers or Brady. 

Haven't attempted anything yet but looking at the costs quick Winston is the best value t QB but I normally lik ethe Sunday only slates, might have to play a few full slates.  Bug Ben for 6400 at home where he always plays better and I am thinking will be making a point of hitting AB early and often after last weekend is one to watch.

RB look slike paying up is the way to go, Lamar Miller and McCaffrey might be a slight value savings.

WR Hopkins still seems like a value given his volume, I like Landry this week as well, Miami needs to come out and try to show something.

TE Kroft price is up, need to look how Buffalo is against the TE

D - Raiders this week or maybe Jets....did I actually say that ?

I think I'm rolling with this except not sure what sub 4K WR to go with 

Winston

Bell, Hyde

Landry, Humpries, Moncreif

ASJ

Gurley

Jets

Moncrief, R Anderson, Butler, Golladay, Decker are among my choices at cheap WRs. 

I think I'm rolling with this except not sure what sub 4K WR to go with 

Winston

Bell, Hyde

Landry, Humpries, Moncreif

ASJ

Gurley

Jets

Moncrief, R Anderson, Butler, Golladay, Decker are among my choices at cheap WRs. 
Is G.Allison still cheap? Might be an option if Adams can't go.  Otherwise I kinda like Butler as a possibility on the other side. 

Is G.Allison still cheap? Might be an option if Adams can't go.  Otherwise I kinda like Butler as a possibility on the other side. 
I thought about Allison but he is $4400. I had Butler as my second option if I didn't moncrief. 

What do you think about the rest? Doable? I got 3 good RB and had to go cheap on the WRs to do it but that's almost always if you want 3 good backs 

I thought about Allison but he is $4400. I had Butler as my second option if I didn't moncrief. 

What do you think about the rest? Doable? I got 3 good RB and had to go cheap on the WRs to do it but that's almost always if you want 3 good backs 
I just got home and I am going to try looking at stuff now.  It is a hard week.  I like the LU you posted, but the big concern would be that you only have 1 piece of the big total games, and I do wonder if that will come back to bite you a little bit.  There is nothing from NE, GB, or Dallas in the LU.   Not sure what the answer is since most of the other pieces you would get in those games would be WRs, and usually that is not what I would look at spending $ on, but I wonder if this is a week to break from that and try a different roster construction?

I just got home and I am going to try looking at stuff now.  It is a hard week.  I like the LU you posted, but the big concern would be that you only have 1 piece of the big total games, and I do wonder if that will come back to bite you a little bit.  There is nothing from NE, GB, or Dallas in the LU.   Not sure what the answer is since most of the other pieces you would get in those games would be WRs, and usually that is not what I would look at spending $ on, but I wonder if this is a week to break from that and try a different roster construction?
Just playing around with it and trying to get GB and NE in the lineup gave me this

Winston

Bell, Hyde

Humpries, Cobb, Hogan 

ASJ

L Miller

Jets

I really like Bell and don’t think anyone in my league will pay up for him but Football guys really like Gurley. In order to fit in Cobb and Hogan I had to drop Gurley for Miller 

Just playing around with it and trying to get GB and NE in the lineup gave me this

Winston

Bell, Hyde

Humpries, Cobb, Hogan 

ASJ

L Miller

Jets

I really like Bell and don’t think anyone in my league will pay up for him but Football guys really like Gurley. In order to fit in Cobb and Hogan I had to drop Gurley for Miller 
I know it doesn't help you for me to keep saying this, but this is a hard, weird week for the Thurs-Mon.   I am stumped.  If I try to jam some Pats and Packers in there, the projections don't seem to like it, and if I get something in there that the projections seem to like,  there is very little action from those games.  :shrug:

I kept getting stuck around a core similar to yours:  Winston - Bell/Hyde/Duke - Evans - Philly D.  I put in Z.Miller as a punt TE hoping that the rookie QB will need a safety blanket and it saves a bit.  That would leave about 9K for 2 WRs.  IF you wanted to get action from the other high teams, you could get in Amendola and a cheap Dallas WR like T.Will or Butler at that point,  but then IMO we are looking like a gpp LU.  Sorry for my lack of help this week.    I think stuff will open up more as news and injuries come out.   Seattle Rbs, A.Jones, Blount, Gallman, Vereen at dirt cheap RBs that could be used in the flex and free up even more $, but you still have to decide what players you are using tonight before that though. 

Here is my early Sunday only lineup:

Palmer

Gurley, Hyde

Allen, Landry, Matthews

ASJ

Ellington

49ers

I don't normally do the Thur-Mon slates but put together a quick $1 GPP using some of those guys just for a reason to watch.

Winston

Ellington, McCaffrey

Evans, Landry, Matthews

ASJ

Gurley

Raiders

I know it doesn't help you for me to keep saying this, but this is a hard, weird week for the Thurs-Mon.   I am stumped.  If I try to jam some Pats and Packers in there, the projections don't seem to like it, and if I get something in there that the projections seem to like,  there is very little action from those games.  :shrug:

I kept getting stuck around a core similar to yours:  Winston - Bell/Hyde/Duke - Evans - Philly D.  I put in Z.Miller as a punt TE hoping that the rookie QB will need a safety blanket and it saves a bit.  That would leave about 9K for 2 WRs.  IF you wanted to get action from the other high teams, you could get in Amendola and a cheap Dallas WR like T.Will or Butler at that point,  but then IMO we are looking like a gpp LU.  Sorry for my lack of help this week.    I think stuff will open up more as news and injuries come out.   Seattle Rbs, A.Jones, Blount, Gallman, Vereen at dirt cheap RBs that could be used in the flex and free up even more $, but you still have to decide what players you are using tonight before that though. 
Agree on the tough week. I don’t think I’m playing as many 50/50 as i usually do cause I don’t feel comfortable with any lineup. Thanks for all the help

Here is my current Thurs-Mon $1gpp:

Brady - Fournette/Gordon/Howard - Cooks/Hogan/Humphries - Brate - Buffalo

Going game stack tonight (like probably everybody), but think that Cooks might be lower owned than Evans, and Brate might be a forgotten man a little for TB.  It leaves me with a decent amount of salary to do something different with the RBs too.  ie I could do Bell, an RB in the 4Ks and something else. 

I decided to go with this in my league 

Winston

Bell, Hyde

DJax, Hogan, Aldrick Robinson

Brate

Gordon

Jets

I guess we’ll see what happens 

I decided to go with this in my league 

Winston

Bell, Hyde

DJax, Hogan, Aldrick Robinson

Brate

Gordon

Jets

I guess we’ll see what happens 
Brate and Hogan worked ok, Winston didn't kill you.  What was Martin's price this week ?  I had to use him in my year long league after S. Cook went down and meant to look him up in DFS and forgot.

Brate and Hogan worked ok, Winston didn't kill you.  What was Martin's price this week ?  I had to use him in my year long league after S. Cook went down and meant to look him up in DFS and forgot.
Martin was 5.5K.  DK has done a decent job of being ahead of people coming back from injury/suspension and have them priced up a tad. 

Crazy gpp idea of the week:  Hoyer + A.Robinson + T.Y. Hilton. 

Looks like both Ds have been giving up a lot of points to the WRs and Qbs so far this year.  I think a lot of people will be trying to fit in Packer and Dallas WRs.  This got me the exact opposite, and I was able to fit in Bell, Gurley, and Zeke with it, so I know that I can fit in whatever RB combo that I want or rotate to higher priced WRs (ie I was able to make another LU with Bell/Dez/Nelson). 

I think I am going to use this core for my $1 3max gpp entries. 

Just really don't like this week, going to be a light play. Double Bubble, a couple single entry double ups and my weekly league with

Prescott

Hyde/Abdullah

Hilton/Landry/Matthews

ASJ

Gurley

Raiders

Crazy gpp idea of the week:  Hoyer + A.Robinson + T.Y. Hilton. 

Looks like both Ds have been giving up a lot of points to the WRs and Qbs so far this year.  I think a lot of people will be trying to fit in Packer and Dallas WRs.  This got me the exact opposite, and I was able to fit in Bell, Gurley, and Zeke with it, so I know that I can fit in whatever RB combo that I want or rotate to higher priced WRs (ie I was able to make another LU with Bell/Dez/Nelson). 

I think I am going to use this core for my $1 3max gpp entries. 
Interesting, maybe I'll throw a dollar entry in using something like this.

Yea it worked out. Got 79.26 from those 3

SwampDawg said:
Interesting, maybe I'll throw a dollar entry in using something like this.
An even cheaper and grosser game stack that I wrote down when I was looking at cash players:  McCown + AS-J + DukeJ.   Allowed me to put in Bell, McCaffrey, Dez, Cobb, Hilton in there too.  0% chance I try stuff like that on FD, but with ppr and bonus points, you need about 40-45pts from these stacks to make it worth while. So hoping the Qbs can either cross the 300yd mark and/or get 2tds, and the other guys could each get 5 for 60yds and you'd be right there.  If I remember right, I think Duke has hit 4x each of the last couple weeks too. 

Again, I am not using these ideas for anything more than a $1 entry gpp.  Just thought they were odd ways to use guys I was looking at for cash anyway and combining them for cheap gpp ideas for a weird week where a lot of gross sounding teams have good D matchups. 

Very nice start to the week.  Did many others play much in that game last night in your league?
Yea. A lot had Winston, Brate and Evans. I was the only one to have DJax and I think only a few had Hogan. I’m sorry I had 4 from last night that got me the 79.26. Still a good start. I did good taking out Humphries amd squeezing in DJax

Yea. A lot had Winston, Brate and Evans. I was the only one to have DJax and I think only a few had Hogan. I’m sorry I had 4 from last night that got me the 79.26. Still a good start. I did good taking out Humphries amd squeezing in DJax
I wouldn't be.  You are already ahead of the guys starting Evans and spending $ there over D.Jax, and you got a good game out of Hogan.  You got 300yds out of a 6K Qb, too.  Didn't about 150 win it last week?  That means you have 5 guys that need to combine for about 70-80 points and you haven't used your RBs yet.  I would think that you are right in the action for the week. 

It was brought up earlier, but forgot to post my ideas for super-cheap WRs if people are looking for savings.  All of these guys have decent target share in their offenses, and are all sub-4K:

Woods, Stills, Moncrief, T.Williams.   Others that stood out: Agholor/T.Smith (Peterson could shut down Jeffery, and I think AZ is decent vs TE so Wentz might have to look to these guys again), JuJu (has been getting RZ targets, and like Philly, the Jax Cbs could shut down the top two WR options for Ben),  A.Robinson/T.Taylor (without Goodwin in there last week, these guys saw 10 and 12 targets). 

"Long time listener, first time caller" here. I play in a 5 man winner takes all, $10 buy-in with my coworkers. I've had success for 2 years straight reading what you guys advise on here, but this year I have yet to win a week :(   This is my line up so far for just the Sunday games. Any suggestions?

Bortles

Bell/Gurley

Stills/T.Y Hilton/Kupp

ASJ

Hyde

Bills def 

I wouldn't use Bortles especially on the road. For the same price you could go with Taylor or drop down to Brissett to pair with TY.

I also think Jaron Brown for 4k is a better play than the other 2 WRs.

I wouldn't use Bortles especially on the road. For the same price you could go with Taylor or drop down to Brissett to pair with TY.

I also think Jaron Brown for 4k is a better play than the other 2 WRs.
Agree here on Bortles. He also will be without Lee this week.  IMO at that price range you probably should look at a guy that has a bit of a rushing floor like Brissett/Watson, or go even cheaper to a better matchup like McCown/Hoyer. 

A big problem now is it looks like Goodwin might be a go, so our cheap punt of A.Robinson is out of the picture.  On DK I would slightly rather have Dez at 6.5 vs. Hilton at 6.0, but not sure how to get him in there without punting a couple spots. 

If he drops to Brissett can do TY Dez and Jaron Brown at WR I think.
Isn't Brissett more than Bortles this week?  Dunno - looks like the IVC is all f'd up right now. 

ETA:  Yeah, Bortles is only 4.8.  At that price I personally would rather take a stab at Hoyer at 4.7K. 

Bell and Gurley are killing my salary cap, but I think they both have favorable run matchups this week. I dropped Bortles for Hoyer, T.Y for Dez.

Hoyer

Bell/Gurley

Dez/Jaron Brown/Kenny Stills

ASJ

Hyde

Bills

This line up gives me only $100 to play around with. Should I cut one of Bell/Gurley in order to try and upgrade Kenny Stills into someone much better? 

Bell and Gurley are killing my salary cap, but I think they both have favorable run matchups this week. I dropped Bortles for Hoyer, T.Y for Dez.

Hoyer

Bell/Gurley

Dez/Jaron Brown/Kenny Stills

ASJ

Hyde

Bills

This line up gives me only $100 to play around with. Should I cut one of Bell/Gurley in order to try and upgrade Kenny Stills into someone much better? 
I think it looks good, and I have something similar. The good news is that everybody will be dealing with the same thing this week, the bad news is that our games might be decided by what 3K crapper WR we played or which turd QB we played. 

I currently have something similar in for cash - Hoyer - Bell/Zeke/Hyde - Hilton/Jaron/Juju - ASJ - Bills.  Not super stoked about the week, and I think I will play about 1/2 the cash $ I usually do.  

The one thing I am looking at is maybe using Duke or Ellington in the flex instead of Hyde and maybe that might get me something better at WR.  Something I also toyed with is using 2TEs, since the cheap guys are who seem to have the good matchups this week -  Engram, ASJ, Cook, Henry. 

KarmaPolice said:
I was doing well, but Gordon was chalkier than I thought and Hoyer was the play instead of Hoyer, so I went from winning $10 to losing 15 in the last 25 mins or so. 
That stinks. So far I’m 2nd in my league and in the money in all my double ups. 

Users who are viewing this thread