What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flex: Jaron Brown or Cooper Kupp? (1 Viewer)

rschroeder1

Footballguy
12 team league, .5 PPR

Why I would start Cooper:  the non-Sherman receiver should get good volume.  Seahawks strangely struggle on the road frequently.
Cooper risks:  volume could go elsewhere (Robert Woods), offense could get bogged down

Why I would start Brown:  great target volume the last three games, AZ running game isn't effective, should be a relatively pass-happy affair on both sides and a high scoring game.
Brown risks:  I already own Larry Fitzgerald and am starting him, so I would be cannibalizing somewhat.  John Brown represents a target stealing risk, but I feel safer seeing Jaron's heavy snap counts.

I think I'm leaning towards Jaron as a safer play.  What say you?  Appreciate your help and WHIR.

Jaron Brown is a below-the-radar guy that I scooped up in my leagues. Everybody was focused on JJ Nelson, but Jaron was getting the snaps and the targets, it was only a matter of time before his stats bumped up as well. The Eagles aren't a great pass defense team, so this is a pretty good matchup. I know the experts are expecting Larry Fitzgerald to have a big day, and it is tough to start 2 WRs on the same team, but it is a plus matchup. I would be hestitant to start any Rams WR against any team at this point. Goff is spreading the ball around and no one WR seems to be the main benefactor. Sammy Watkins is clearly the most talented of the WRs, and he's not getting much thrown his way. It's feast or famine with those WRs. I think Brown is the safer play. Something to keep in mind is Carson Palmer's poor performances while playing early on Sundays (they're a West Coast team playing at 1pm EST, which is 10am PST)

I would also go with Brown. Even though Sherman will be on someone else the other corner is playing very well also and like said before Goff is spreading it around. Even though you have Fitz Arizona had to pass the ball so much since they cannot run I would be ok with that. They are similar to the Giants now that DJ has gone down.

Help with mine??  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761198-ryan-or-luck/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread