What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HELP - QB dilema (1 Viewer)

Wayne Kenof

Footballguy
Standard league scoring (qb bonus of 300yrds - 2pts 400yards-5points)

I have Carr and Big ben. Not so keen on playing big ben yet. most people say that he is droppable. but still... its big ben and he can find his rhythm.

Went to pick up Watson but was taken by the guy before me. so now i have the option to pick up one of the following, who is best ros?

A.Smith

Goff

Kizer

Brissett

Dalton

Bradford

any thoughts are much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d go with Andy Dalton. He’s getting back in a rhythm and the best one to get you 300+ yds. Second option would be Alex Smith. He’s the safer of the two but he won’t get you a 300 yd game, but he won’t turn the ball over.

Wow, no Smith love at all.  He is a top 5 QB right now and I don't see anything that would slow him down at this point.  He doesn't turn the ball over, runs well for added bonus, and has a good OL.  Hunt is making defenses stop him and that is opening up Smith.  He is the easy choice out of those listed for me.  Plus I would easily start him over Ben without hesitation. 

Wow, no Smith love at all.  He is a top 5 QB right now and I don't see anything that would slow him down at this point.  He doesn't turn the ball over, runs well for added bonus, and has a good OL.  Hunt is making defenses stop him and that is opening up Smith.  He is the easy choice out of those listed for me.  Plus I would easily start him over Ben without hesitation. 
I agree Smith is the safe choice

Smith is probably top five or so in any scoring system and I don't know that he will slow down...Goff is hot, but, at some point, he will probably hit a wall...Bradford is banged up, but has looked strong...I'd ride Goff while he is hot...Minn and KC defenses figure to limit attempts by Smith and Bradford...by the tine he cools off, Carr and/or Ben might be in good form

Goff - He's hot but sorry, I'm not trusting him against Seattle

Kizer - The Jets aren't bad enough for Kizer to dissect

Brissett - I don't think Indy can run up the score.

Dalton - I see this as a low scoring affair with Buffalo possibly winning

A.Smith - Yep, count me in. This is you're high floor guy with just as much or more upside than the others

Fellow Roethlisberger owner here.  For second half of season, I like Roethlisberger a lot.  He has a lot of home games against easier defenses down the stretch, and I do expect him to find his rhythm.  But this week, even at home, against Jaguars great pass defense but also Jaguars awful run defense, I wonder how often he will have to throw.  And next week at Kansas City - no thanks.  then home vs. Bengals, at Detroit, then Bye.  So I am considering dropping him for now and hoping my league mates ignore him for a while.  If I can spare the roster spot, adding him during the Bye week would be ideal.

Kizer and Brissett are out of the question for ROS purposes.  Dalton has a Bye next week so if Carr is still out he's no help then.

Bradford is clearly the best of this group when healthy.  But if that scares you off then I'd lean to Goff.  Alex Smith would be my third choice.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761333-palmer-newton-or-roethlisberger-whir/

Fellow Roethlisberger owner here.  For second half of season, I like Roethlisberger a lot.  He has a lot of home games against easier defenses down the stretch, and I do expect him to find his rhythm.  But this week, even at home, against Jaguars great pass defense but also Jaguars awful run defense, I wonder how often he will have to throw.  And next week at Kansas City - no thanks.  then home vs. Bengals, at Detroit, then Bye.  So I am considering dropping him for now and hoping my league mates ignore him for a while.  If I can spare the roster spot, adding him during the Bye week would be ideal.

Kizer and Brissett are out of the question for ROS purposes.  Dalton has a Bye next week so if Carr is still out he's no help then.

Bradford is clearly the best of this group when healthy.  But if that scares you off then I'd lean to Goff.  Alex Smith would be my third choice.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761333-palmer-newton-or-roethlisberger-whir/
so i went with a.smith and ended up dropping carr for him. Would you drop big ben for either bradford or goff? I do have diggs so the pair up between bradford and diggs could work to my advantage.

penny for your thoughts?

rest of team:

ajayi, zeke, cohen, collins,kamara, ju.jones, hogan, kb, diggs, golladay, Martavis, Kendall Wright

i kind of wish i dropped big ben until his bye week and hope league mates dont see what i've done. One of them already noticed me dropping carr. Should I pick carr back up or just ride with big ben for later in the season?

ALSO, would you drop anyone to pick anyone up from waivers?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread