What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beer was delicious. (1 Viewer)

adjective

1.highly pleasing to the senses, especially to taste or smell:

a delicious dinner; a delicious aroma.

2.very pleasing; delightful:

a delicious sense of humor.

I look for two things in a beer:

- it's cold

- it gets me drunk

the rest is just window dressing
You think that until you have either Milwaukee's Best or Old Milwaukee.  I think I'd need to be drunk first before I could ever "enjoy" either of these two again.

Given that Great Lakes Oktoberfest is one of the absolute most delicious beers on the planet... I would say Jules is correct.

I like a lot of different types of beer, though rarely drink it anymore because I'm never going back to being a disgusting fatass. But I like stout, some IPAs, ambers, and a good German pilsner, to name a few. 

But I've noticed occasionally Miller Lite tastes surprisingly good. I'm not enough of a beer snob to describe the flavor, and it doesn't happen often enough that I would order it if better options are available. Usually it tastes very ordinary, and sometimes offensively bitter. But maybe 1 in 20 has a nice, subtle, well balanced flavor that I would expect to find in a better brand. Anyone share this experience?

I like a lot of different types of beer, though rarely drink it anymore because I'm never going back to being a disgusting fatass. But I like stout, some IPAs, ambers, and a good German pilsner, to name a few. 

But I've noticed occasionally Miller Lite tastes surprisingly good. I'm not enough of a beer snob to describe the flavor, and it doesn't happen often enough that I would order it if better options are available. Usually it tastes very ordinary, and sometimes offensively bitter. But maybe 1 in 20 has a nice, subtle, well balanced flavor that I would expect to find in a better brand. Anyone share this experience?
As far as light beer goes, Miller Lite tastes the most like a real beer IMO.

You think that until you have either Milwaukee's Best or Old Milwaukee.  I think I'd need to be drunk first before I could ever "enjoy" either of these two again.
Beast is more or less all I drank in college. Beast Ice for value, and completely :X tasting vs. regular Beast, but effective. Complete 180 convo 11 years later of course, but it certainly has its place when you have no money and want volume.

As far as light beer goes, Miller Lite tastes the most like a real beer IMO.
You cretin, it was a trap. I'd never drink that swill. I only drink local beer, from a guy with a long beard who started a nanobrewery a mile from my house, and now all the local spots carry his brand. You most likely haven't heard of it.

I drink ultra because I diet control not having type 2 diabetes.  If I drink casual it is wine.  But for low carb to alcohol ultra does the job.  I take in more carbs drinking a night than I will eating.  Usually under 30 carbs 5 days a week.

You cretin, it was a trap. I'd never drink that swill. I only drink local beer, from a guy with a long beard who started a nanobrewery a mile from my house, and now all the local spots carry his brand. You most likely haven't heard of it.
Oh I have two crowlers of it in my other fridge right now. 

And it is delicious. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

He never left the family cell phone plan!

I would vote for Sam Adams Light from my experiences.
Dammit I knew you would say that! Not because I know you, but because it is the best light beer and would've been my answer. ML still acceptable, we'll agree on Sam Adams and disagree there.

This is a review of the top rated beer on beer advocate.

A- pours the thickest stout I've ever seen, it looks like liquid motor oil and has a thin creamy dark brown head that eventually reduces to a ring around the glass

S- the aroma is so potent and can be smelled from three feet away. Pure liquid fudge brownie; melted caramel, nutty fudge, mocha, dark chocolate, vanilla whipping cream, toasted dark bread, black strap molasses & dark fruit. The barrel is noticeable, providing undertones of oak, bourbon, vanilla and a hint of coconut, incredible

T- this tastes like a liquid nutty fudge brownie. Opens with tons of dark chocolate, brownie batter, melted caramel, black strap molasses and mocha. Mid-palate brings out the barrel character, adding undertones of woody oak and just enough bourbon to pop through. The finish is an onslaught of more brownie batter, bourbon, fudge & oak and lingers for five minutes after finishing 

M- thick and viscous body with moderate carbonation leads to the thickest mouthfeel I've experiences in a beer, it's creamy, velvety and silky at the same time. The alcohol is hidden well and provides just a hint of warmth at the finish

O- I'm a skeptic when it comes to hype, but this one lived up to it. Unlike any beer I've ever had, the thickest pour, thickest appearance and most intensely flavored stout I've had. 

Find you some Legal Remedy World Court Mocha Blond Stout and tell me you wouldn't use delicious as an adjective to describe it. I. DARE. YOU!
Not a fan.  It sounds like a beer I would really enjoy so I've ordered it several times, but each time I try it it tastes green to me - not quite under-fermented but not quite fully conditioned.  I feel like it would be way better if they gave it a couple more weeks before serving.

ETA: only had it at the brewery.  If it was out at a bar, it might actually be way better.

Smell it, great body, hoppy....this guy has a great brew through his underware.  At least wine is about the grapes.

Btw, beer is for the landscaper, the iron worker, the hard working American.  It is not for taste tests.  Why are there macro beers?  Because they other stuff sucked they came out on top.  So I give you the middle finger as I drink my macro beer.  Suck my bottlecaps.

Btw, beer is for the landscaper, the iron worker, the hard working American.  It is not for taste tests.  Why are there macro beers?  Because they other stuff sucked they came out on top.  So I give you the middle finger as I drink my macro beer.  Suck my bottlecaps.
Not quite.

It used to be that every town had lots of breweries and beer was more of a local product.  Prohibition killed all of that.  When it was lifted, we had the ability to mass-market: refrigerated rail cars and delivery trucks were a thing, and so the breweries that survived wanted to market to as many people as possible.  

Roughly 10 years later, WWII broke out and a lot of men went to war.  The people left to drink beer were women workers: think Rosie Riveter.  

So, the big Brewers designed their beers to appeal to women.  They all landed on light lagers - clean, crisp, and (imo) mostly flavorless.  

American malters grew their crops specifically for this style, American hop growers grew hops for this.  The entire domestic beer supply chain narrowed down to produce light lagers.

It's only in the past couple of decades that American beer started to get flavor back, led by Boston Beer co, and Sierra Nevada.  It's only within the past decade or so that we have seen true innovation and variety.

Anyways, my original point is that your American Macro brew is what it is because it was designed to cater to women.

Not quite.

It used to be that every town had lots of breweries and beer was more of a local product.  Prohibition killed all of that.  When it was lifted, we had the ability to mass-market: refrigerated rail cars and delivery trucks were a thing, and so the breweries that survived wanted to market to as many people as possible.  

Roughly 10 years later, WWII broke out and a lot of men went to war.  The people left to drink beer were women workers: think Rosie Riveter.  

So, the big Brewers designed their beers to appeal to women.  They all landed on light lagers - clean, crisp, and (imo) mostly flavorless.  

American malters grew their crops specifically for this style, American hop growers grew hops for this.  The entire domestic beer supply chain narrowed down to produce light lagers.

It's only in the past couple of decades that American beer started to get flavor back, Lee by Boston Beer co, and Sierra Nevada.  It's only within the past decade or so that we have seen true innovation and variety.

Anyways, my original point is that your American Macro brew is what it is because it was designed to cater to women.
I am not talking about the world just the part I have experienced.  If you want me to get deeper.  I will when sober.  Btw, I have worked in a steel mill, that had 3 shifts.  There was a bar that was open that survived off of the people getting out of work at 5am.

Users who are viewing this thread