What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lacy or T Rawls tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

I don't trust Rawls as far as I could throw him..it's easy to get excited about Lacy's whipping of the Colts, but it was the Colts..but he's the guy with the experience,the resume, etc..Rawls is a JAG..Lacy gets his shot and performs well, nothing crazy, but perhaps 80 yards and a TD?

I don't trust Rawls as far as I could throw him..it's easy to get excited about Lacy's whipping of the Colts, but it was the Colts..but he's the guy with the experience,the resume, etc..Rawls is a JAG..Lacy gets his shot and performs well, nothing crazy, but perhaps 80 yards and a TD?
Nobody really knows what Pete is going to do but I agree Lacy gets the chance to see if he is the RB they brought in to be the early down back and salt the game away hammer.

I would put 25% probability on each of lacy, Rawls, mckissic, and none of the above. It's that muddled.

Rawls was a legit rb1 when he was the bell cow in 2015, and that's why my chips are on him. But starting any of them this week would be pretty desperate imo.

Roll the die. I wouldn't start either but they're intriguing as a bench and see. Rawls really seems like he has had lingering problems from his injury, so I could see him starting and then Lacy picking up steam when Rawls is ineffective. Starting wise I think it's totally TD dependent, and it's 50/50 if it's Rawls or Lacy. Fwiw LAR have allowed 7 RB TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually a bit surprised at how well Lacy ran Sunday.  I think he may have been taking advantage of a whipped defense...but he'd been perceived as a whipped RB, and perhaps the sight of seeing a 7th round rookie usurp him spurred him to reach deep.

I think this backfield will turn into more of a preservation type situation.  If you see a big workload for Rawls one week, SEA may look to ease his workload the next and turn to Lacy the next to try their best to keep each guy as fresh as possible.

I was actually a bit surprised at how well Lacy ran Sunday.  I think he may have been taking advantage of a whipped defense...but he'd been perceived as a whipped RB, and perhaps the sight of seeing a 7th round rookie usurp him spurred him to reach deep.

I think this backfield will turn into more of a preservation type situation.  If you see a big workload for Rawls one week, SEA may look to ease his workload the next and turn to Lacy the next to try their best to keep each guy as fresh as possible.
It definitely does feel like if any of these guys do manage to have a big week, owners should sell sell sell.

Disagree. IMO this will become an entertaining cage match given Carroll's Darwinian approach to coaching.

If either Rawls or Lacy emerges, Carroll will ride him until the wheels come off....then next man up, and next after that.

JMHO

I would put 25% probability on each of lacy, Rawls, mckissic, and none of the above. It's that muddled.

Rawls was a legit rb1 when he was the bell cow in 2015, and that's why my chips are on him. But starting any of them this week would be pretty desperate imo.
Yeah I think the correct play is not own any of the 4. Of these two, when healthy Rawls has been more impressive. He’s got 3 games of 160+, including a playoff game last year when he went 27-161-1 after having missed 15 weeks. Talent & productivity have never been the issue. He was a healthy scratch last week but has been drawing praise off this week’s practice.

Lacy was not in the game flow early. When they were up 2 TDs he was at 5-12. Up 3 & 4 TDs he finished with 40 yards on his last 6 carries. Watching the replay of the game I didn’t think he got anything on his own. McKissis was impressive in limited touches.

FTR I think they love the big play possibilities CJP & JDM offer. Should be Lacy & Rawls shouldering the load this week but IMO it’s going to be a week to week guessing game RoS.

davearm said:

Lacy was a more Legit RB1 in 2015 so your logic is flawed.

Lacy was a more Legit RB1 in 2015 so your logic is flawed.
Well this is plainly false.

In 2015, Lacy was RB24 in standard leagues @ 8.3 ppg. Nowhere near rb1 production. Barely rb2 production in fact.

In the 6 games Rawls was the Seahawks primary rb that year, he averaged 18.0 ppg. Definitely rb1 production.

I'd like to see Rawls earn the job (own him in a dynasty league), but he hasn't been the same since his big rookie season. I think Lacy is about done, but I guess I could be wrong. Prosise is kind of an enigma. I don't believe McKissic is a feature back, but maybe he's the best they got.

In other words, I have no idea, LOL.

Well this is plainly false.

In 2015, Lacy was RB24 in standard leagues @ 8.3 ppg. Nowhere near rb1 production. Barely rb2 production in fact.

In the 6 games Rawls was the Seahawks primary rb that year, he averaged 18.0 ppg. Definitely rb1 production.
That's funny... didn't know it was a 6 game season. What happened to the other 10?

He wasn't the bell cow in the other 10. Lynch was. Better go back and re-read.
This is a terrible argument.  You're cherry picking Rawls' best games but not Lynch's.  And you're only using his 2015 bell cow games but not his 2016 bell cow games?  Lemme guess, without even looking - they don't support your narrative.

IMO the bottom line is both Lacy and Rawls have performed at a very high level in the near past (you can argue degrees but they don't matter) and Pete will give them both a shot to seize the job so pick your favorite and enjoy the ride.

This is a terrible argument.  You're cherry picking Rawls' best games but not Lynch's.  And you're only using his 2015 bell cow games but not his 2016 bell cow games?  Lemme guess, without even looking - they don't support your narrative.
Look I commented that I'm betting on Rawls because he was a clear rb1 in 2015 when he got the starting job. I didn't think there was much to argue about on that. 

He was kinda terrible in 2016. I'm aware of that too.

That other guy's comment about lacy out playing Rawls in 2015 is laughable, so I pointed that out.

Seattle is a meritocracy, I don't see Lacy winning out unless he's the only one healthy.  Shouldn't be starting any of these guys this week, need to see what shakes out.  The oline probably isn't good enough to support any sort of committee here. 

If I had to start one of these two this week it would be Lacy. I own both in one league and am benching them both. I want to wait and see if one emerges. Or if Rawls emerges then gets hurt then Lacy takes over. Haha. I can't help but wonder if Rawls is on Carroll's #### list for some reason. He seemed to be running away with the starting job until Carson showed up out of nowhere and blew everyone away. Then Rawls becomes a healthy scratch a week after Lacy does the same. Mysterious. I like McKissic to take over from Procise and for Lacy to get goal line work. Rawls in between the 20s. True committee.

Look I commented that I'm betting on Rawls because he was a clear rb1 in 2015 when he got the starting job. I didn't think there was much to argue about on that. 

He was kinda terrible in 2016. I'm aware of that too.

That other guy's comment about lacy out playing Rawls in 2015 is laughable, so I pointed that out.
Except you had to cherry pick Rawls' best games to make it, which actually proves nothing. 

If you're gonna cherry pick do it right - "in his best bellcow game he averaged 37.5 PPG, definitely RB1 stats".  That'll shut 'em up.

Except you had to cherry pick Rawls' best games to make it, which actually proves nothing. 

If you're gonna cherry pick do it right - "in his best bellcow game he averaged 37.5 PPG, definitely RB1 stats".  That'll shut 'em up.
I didn't cherry pick Rawls' best games. I included all of the ones where he was the starter. There were 6 of them, and he was a monster in those 6.

this thread hitting epic proportions. i'm rolling with Rawls. If Rawls pans out, great for me. If Lacy pans out, I don't want any part of it. I don't think his ceiling from a talent perspective is as high as Rawls.

it'll get u nowhere to compare these two guys in their respective stages of their career. sure, Lacy had some success in Green Bay, but definitely never lived up to any potential (or hype) he had coming out of college. But talent was there in flashes, though I just don't think the desire is there. Rawls showed flashes too, but his career is too short to really assess what he is or will be. But at least there is some hope with Rawls that if he can stay healthy he could be more than JAG. I feel like I've seen all there is to see with Lacy already in his career and he's definitely a JAG.

editing to clarify, I am not starting Rawls tomorrow, but I had both Rawls and Lacy on my roster and I just dropped Lacy. I meant I'm holding Rawls with hopes of some upside.

Lacy looked better than I expected last week while Rawls was a healthy scratch. 

Eddie did a lot or damage up the guy but the Rams have Aaron Donald and that Seattle O-Line has a tough matchup up the gut.

I think Rawls will get his shot but I would expect Carol to give Eddie the nod early and then go with the hot-hand.

Based on how good Eddie looked last week and anticipated 'rust' for Rawls, I would lean more towards Lacy this week but I am going to be focused in on this game to see how much work that Rawls gets and how he looks. 

FWIW I'm sitting Rawls this week for Alex Collins but if I had Lacy I would start him over both Rawls and Colllins.

Fully healthy Rawls is twice the back that Chubby Lacy is. Problem is, we don' know if we'll ever see healthy Rawls again.  

Fully healthy Rawls is twice the back that Chubby Lacy is. Problem is, we don' know if we'll ever see healthy Rawls again.  
It's this sort of comment that I don't understand. What is that opinion based upon? Best I can tell is that it is based upon four games worth of work in 2015.

It's this sort of comment that I don't understand. What is that opinion based upon? Best I can tell is that it is based upon four games worth of work in 2015.
The flip side of this argument is Lacy hasn't done anything since then either.

In addition, the implied argument seems to be Lacy is a hands down proven commodity over Rawls.  It is fairly obvious Lacy is not the back he was when had 1.5-2 decent seasons a few years ago.  At his best, he was never a world beater.  The list of RBs who have had a couple good years and faded is long.

One thing I think gets forgotten about Lacy is that he was on his way to a pretty good season in 2016 before getting hurt.

388 YFS & 5.1 YPC in 5 games on 33 snaps/game.  Yes, 0 TD's, but it's not like the last time he was a decent contributor was 3 years ago.

The flip side of this argument is Lacy hasn't done anything since then either.

In addition, the implied argument seems to be Lacy is a hands down proven commodity over Rawls.  It is fairly obvious Lacy is not the back he was when had 1.5-2 decent seasons a few years ago.  At his best, he was never a world beater.  The list of RBs who have had a couple good years and faded is long.
Is that fair to say when he averaged 5.1 ypc on 71 carries before getting injured in week 5 last year?

FTR i have been aggressively trying to work a trade to free up roster space so i can add Rawls this week. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

I think the biggest concern regarding Lacy is the fact that Pete hasn't really used him even when healthy. Of course Rawls was a healthy scratch last week in favor of Lacy so, who knows what's going on up there.

The point being - Lacy has never set some incredible bar that another RB could never hope to match.  He was pretty good for a couple years...

Users who are viewing this thread