What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Been The Best Album This Decade - Since 2007 (Optional?) (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
I'm going Vampire Weekend's Modern Vampires Of The City, but I don't know enough. 

Spoon's They Want My Soul?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Caveat.... I'm myopically fixated right now and not remembering other albums that turned my crank... but I don't remember having the blinders on for an album the way I do for IDLES' Brutal in a long time.

ETA... And wwell aware that once I think about it look back I'll find a bunch that are "better"

It's sad, but I can't name a single album in the last ten years.  The entire concept is so foreign to me now, when 20 years back I would be able to name maybe 100. :shrug:

It's sad, but I can't name a single album in the last ten years.  The entire concept is so foreign to me now, when 20 years back I would be able to name maybe 100. :shrug:
Kind of why I asked, actually. No shame in that. I've moved backwards, not forwards.  

Kendrick Lamar pick 'em between To Pimp a Butterfly and DAMN. I'm not really that into rap, so I have to give a lot of credit to anyone who can make a rap album that even I can appreciate its greatness.

Hamilton soundtrack would be in the running too.

The Weeknd's House of Balloons... and from my admittedly limited view of modern music, also one of the most influential.

first time you posted this didn't get the response you were looking for, eh?
I'll never miss a chance to discuss one of my favorites like The Walkmen, that's for sure.  

Plenty of (good -- what am I saying?) great modern music; it just takes a bit of sorting and ordering the chaos in terms of distribution.  

Celebration Rock gets my vote too
I liked Post-Nothing just a bit more, and was quoting it back a page because I forgot the difference between the two when I was, um, under the weather.  

Users who are viewing this thread