What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Myles Garrett (1 Viewer)

dnurk

Footballguy
Did a search and couldn't find a thread dedicated to him.  Looks like he's a go this week and after waiting 4 weeks I'm super excited to see him in his first regular season game. 

Anybody else starting him him right out of the gate?  I'm thinking 5 tackles, 2 assists and a sack. Something along that line....

Last edited by a moderator:
starting him in my 16 team league (start 3 DL) but my only other choice is Henry Anderson)

will be happy with some combination of 5 tackles + sacks since I think he will be on a snap count

Not sure if you can edit the title. 

Myles Garrett. 

This stud deserves proper spelling of his name. You probably fell victim to spell check... 

Six-Burgh Steelers said:
Not sure if you can edit the title. 

Myles Garrett. 

This stud deserves proper spelling of his name. You probably fell victim to spell check... 
Thank you, kind sir.   Autocorrect did indeed screw me over. 

Good game and I will be curious to see his snap count.  Sky's the limit for this young man when he gets healthy. 

Thank you, kind sir.   Autocorrect did indeed screw me over. 

Good game and I will be curious to see his snap count.  Sky's the limit for this young man when he gets healthy. 
I read he played about 20 snaps but not official

I read he played about 20 snaps but not official
He didn't get many.

You could see that he is still hampered by his ankle and wasn't coming off blocks as well as he will when he's healthy.

The first sack  was a stunt inside where he looped around the DT to the OG who was too flat footed to contend with his burst so he never got a hand on him.

The second he got 'lucky' where the QB ran towards him as he was engaged with the OT and he fell on him while still engaged with the OT's block.

You could see the ankle really bothered him when he had perfect position to seal the edge and he also had the angle but couldn't make the play and only strung it out.  He also had another play where his ankle was obviously keeping him out of the action.

Bottom line.

Right now the kid isn't near 100%.  I was shocked at the move he made on the first sack but he didn't have to fight off and shed a block.  That play showed a ton about what he will bring to the table but we haven't seen the real Myles Garrett yet.  I am not sure when we'll see him completely healthy but right now he is still hampered by his ankle and I would expect limited snap counts.

PFF grade..

“Garrett (49.3 game grade) seemed to be on a pitch-count and noticeably favoring his ankle. He registered two sacks but was largely ineffective on other plays, earning a run defensive grade of just 45.2 and failing to make an impact any of his 13 other pass rushes.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000864580/article/browns-dc-williams-were-turning-myles-garrett-loose

Browns DC Williams: We're turning Myles Garrett loose

...we still haven't gotten the full-blown Myles Garrett Experience in the NFL.

That changes Sunday, according to Gregg Williams.

"He played well (versus Houston) and he played dominant in a lot of phases, and you're going to see him play more this week," the Browns defensive coordinator said Friday. "It was the next step and I was holding my breath it wasn't going to set him back, and it hasn't set him back. He's had a very good week of practice, so we're turning him loose."

His 19 points were on my bench :(  

Same with Darren Lee's 24 :(

Luckily I still won by 106 points ha

Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansilva

AFC sack leader Myles Garrett of #Browns vs #Seahawks backup LT and turnstile RT Germain Ifedi.

----------------------------------------------------------

Joe FannVerified account @Joe_Fann

All of a sudden Jamarco Jones could be starting at LT with Duane Brown doubtful. Seahawks badly need Ethan Pocic (questionable) to be good to go so he can play right guard in place of DJ Fluker. Carroll isn’t likely to provide any hints in his presser but we will see.

1:36 PM - 11 Oct 2019

Jordan Reid‏ @JReidNFL

Danielle Hunter just broke the NFL record for most sacks (46) by any player before turning 25 years old. Quietest superstar ever.

8:49 AM - 14 Oct 2019

----------------------------------------

Sam Penix‏ @SamPenixCP

Sacks through first 33 NFL games:

• Reggie White: 38
  • Bruce Smith: 23
  • Julius Peppers: 21
  • J.J. Watt: 26
  • Danielle Hunter: 18.5
  • #Browns Myles Garrett: 29.5
Hunter has the record for most sacks before turning 25. Garrett has 26 more regular season games to catch him.

11:49 AM - 14 Oct 2019

-------------------------------------

Mylers on a pace better than anyone other than :bow:   the Reverend Reggie White.

Indefinite suspension. 

Chad Thomas had a good game even in a limited role last night. Looks like a good add for DE needy teams / Garrett owners.

Thanks. But will he have the snap count opportunity? I don't care if he never scores a TFL... he's still useful if he gets 4 tackles and they're all 5+ yards past the LOS. 
:shrug:  Bad players are always at risk for losing their snaps without notice.

Man this forum is slow.  Days go by and nobody posted that Garrett was re-instated and should be a full season next year.  I assume he is still a top 5 DL in everybody's eyes....

I feel like Garrett should never play again for his violent act and for being a liar and trying to use racism to make it justified. 

Users who are viewing this thread