What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire Gems - Week 6 (1 Viewer)

RalphMouth

Footballguy
Week 5 has been brutal especially for the WR - who are the players everyone has their eyes on ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Victor Cruz. Yeah, seriously. Giants would be wise to give fans something to tune in for through the end of the year. One more salsa dance will keep us happy until we draft Darnold next spring. 

There’s a lot of wait and see on our wire from guys weeks ago that have put a few games together: Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Danny Amendola, Devin Funchess. 

I think the new addition is Matt Breida. I know many of these guys are rostered in deep leagues, but in short bench leagues there are a lot more wire debates. 

Robbie Anderson, Marvin Jones, Ricardo Louis or Marquise Goodwin might be available in a lot of leagues. Alfred Morris and DMC need to be high priority lottery tickets with an upcoming court decision. Also Matt Breida for RB's,

Robbie Anderson, Marvin Jones, Ricardo Louis or Marquise Goodwin might be available in a lot of leagues. Alfred Morris and DMC need to be high priority lottery tickets with an upcoming court decision. Also Matt Breida for RB's,
I have Morris and Elliott and I'm not going to make a big stink about it but it looks like Morris is the back to have.  

I have Morris and Elliott and I'm not going to make a big stink about it but it looks like Morris is the back to have.  
Why Morris? People seem to think the reason they chose Morris was because DMC has a similar skill set to Elliot. Do you not believe that anymore?

Why Morris? People seem to think the reason they chose Morris was because DMC has a similar skill set to Elliot. Do you not believe that anymore?
Just usage. Morris isn't a change of pace back. He's a pounder. I don't know. I could be wrong, but I'm looking at how they use him and thinking he's next man up.  

I think McFadden is the better catcher, but Morris the better straight ahead runner.  If Elliott's suspension starts, maybe McFadden would be the third down back (and 2 minute drill back), and Morris would handle the rest. I'm just guessing.

I think McFadden is the better catcher, but Morris the better straight ahead runner.  If Elliott's suspension starts, maybe McFadden would be the third down back (and 2 minute drill back), and Morris would handle the rest. I'm just guessing.
If DMC were the better catcher chances are they would have had activated him and held Morris out this season.

Funchess. Breida. Mack. JuJu. Are amongst the names I’m looking at. 

I missed McGuire & McKissic. 

Ill be looking ahead at Bye weeks to CMA. 

David Njoku perhaps, for those like me that have Graham on bye next week. Maybe he's not on all wires, but seems to be on mine and has some upside. The match up doesn't look nice though @HOU

David Njoku perhaps, for those like me that have Graham on bye next week. Maybe he's not on all wires, but seems to be on mine and has some upside. The match up doesn't look nice though @HOU
I like Griffen instead as browns can't cover TEs

I like Griffen instead as browns can't cover TEs
Darren Fells had 4 receptions for the Lions in week 4, and two receptions,  2Tds this week. Not sure if it's enough to call it a pattern but interesting none the less. Most likely a free grab after waivers run if needed 

Victor Cruz. Yeah, seriously. Giants would be wise to give fans something to tune in for through the end of the year. One more salsa dance will keep us happy until we draft Darnold next spring. 
I could see this too. I don't see what other options they have left. What's interesting is, I've seen no news on Marshall.

JuJu has posted better numbers than Martavius the last couple IIRC. 
sheesh, little off topic but just looked at the box score and Brown had 19 targets. wondering if juJu will get any kind of oppourtunity, outside of a game like today with 2 top CBs

JuJu looked solid, and Ben was relying on him.

Breida looked like he won the starting job this week - he'll likely be the most expensive in our league FA auction.

Elijah McGuire had the snaps and carries, but no yards. Didn't see the game, did Garrett have a profound impact on the run defense?

Aaron Jones looked like the best RB in GB in quite a few years. He's probably still available in shallow leagues.

Mike Wallace had been very quiet until the last 2 games - he might be available. Flacco was clearly impressed with how easily Wallace can just run by the defense.

All 14 starting QBs in my league have played - Jacoby Brisset got me 20.0 pts, and was QB5 (didn't check benches or FAs). Against an average defense without overtime, I think Brisset has a floor of 14 a game (200 yards passing, 1TD/1 INT, 20 yards rushing).

G Kittle is probably the player I'm most interested in - TE is killing me this year.

Darren Fells had 4 receptions for the Lions in week 4, and two receptions,  2Tds this week. Not sure if it's enough to call it a pattern but interesting none the less. Most likely a free grab after waivers run if needed 
Ebron keeps dropping the ball and the Lions may finally be sick of that.

Thus Fells.

Nah. I'm holding him as a handcuff and I'm sure he'd be the hottest pick up if anything happened to Hunt. 
Agreed - it would be VERY tough to actually play him, but it's starting to feel like he would be the very definition of winning the lottery if Hunt ever gets hurt...

Kittle seems like he's getting more involved in the offense - could be a fill-in for Kelce owners if the concussion keeps him out.

I read he had 5 catches on the final game tying drive so seems kind of flukey
Fair enough, but 9 targets on the game which is at least monitoring.

I also forgot about ASJ if he's out there - Jets likely going to have to throw a ton against the Pats next week. 

Hyde did not lose his job. Absolute best case for Brieda is that he would be in a time share that would make both players useless

Ebron keeps dropping the ball and the Lions may finally be sick of that.

Thus Fells.
Ebron is due $8.2M next year. He’s def going to be cut before the league year starts in March, it might make more sense to trade him now for a 5th or 6th round pick. Rookie Michael Roberts (16 TDs @ Toledo last year) is promising, Fells is a great athlete & the best blocking TE. He’s outsnapped Ebron 3 out of 5 games.

O'Leary looked like he absorbed all of Clay's targets when he left the game. Looked pretty good too.

Appears he was a decent receiving TE in college, will be worth a look if Clay is down ROS or extended period.

You might have to wait a few weeks but if Sterling Sheperd is available or dropped he can put up WR2 #s with nobody else to throw to in NY

JJ Nelson

Hear me out, I know people will dismiss this since he was the hot add 3 weeks ago & one of the most dropped players in FF last week, plus it feels like you’ve got 3 ARI of roughly the same value. But look at his last 10:

2/1-42-1 11.2

2/1-8-1 7.8

11/5-38-1 14.8

7/3-132-1 22.2

12/-4-75 11.5

6/5-43-1 15.3

7/5-120-1 23.0 (injuried)

3/0-0-0 0.0

4/3-34-0 6.4

6/4-80-0 12.0

The only two games he wasn’t productive were the two weeks he was limited in practice & his snap counts were down. When he is healthy he produces. Currently WR24 in our format. Going up against a TB team that gives up the most FF points to WR week 6, good bye week filler Baldwin, AJ, or Dez owners.

JJ Nelson

Hear me out, I know people will dismiss this since he was the hot add 3 weeks ago & one of the most dropped players in FF last week, plus it feels like you’ve got 3 ARI of roughly the same value. But look at his last 10:

2/1-42-1 11.2

2/1-8-1 7.8

11/5-38-1 14.8

7/3-132-1 22.2

12/-4-75 11.5

6/5-43-1 15.3

7/5-120-1 23.0 (injuried)

3/0-0-0 0.0

4/3-34-0 6.4

6/4-80-0 12.0

The only two games he wasn’t productive were the two weeks he was limited in practice & his snap counts were down. When he is healthy he produces. Currently WR24 in our format. Going up against a TB team that gives up the most FF points to WR week 6, good bye week filler Baldwin, AJ, or Dez owners.
Owned JJ until had to drop him this week. Had been thinking Jaron Brown next week to cover AJ Green since he is also still on wire. Hard to decide who out of all of them tbh, but agree TB is a good match up on paper for deep threat Nelson 

In a short bench leagues with piling up injuries and a lot of possible value for RB on the wire. 

How would you rank the following for redraft PPR? Alvin Kamara, Duke Johnson, Aaron Jones, Wayne Gallman

I think I have it: Kamara > Jones > Johnson > Gallman

IMO Duke, Kamara, Aaron, Gallman.  Duke is already the guy.  Kamara has been playing regularly.  Aaron looked legit last night.  Gallman has obstacles.  

Ebron is due $8.2M next year. He’s def going to be cut before the league year starts in March, it might make more sense to trade him now for a 5th or 6th round pick. Rookie Michael Roberts (16 TDs @ Toledo last year) is promising, Fells is a great athlete & the best blocking TE. He’s outsnapped Ebron 3 out of 5 games.
What do you think of Roberts vs Fells long term? Who is more likely to be the receiving TE?

I understand that Roberts is a rookie so it is Fells right now. Just curious who you think will be that guy in the long run?

They did go to Ebron in the end zone yesterday but he dropped it. Was this the last straw for the Lions and him? 

I missed the second half of the game so I didn't see the Fells TDs.

In the previous game against the Vikings they were going to Fells on TE screens that were pretty effective.

What do you think of Roberts vs Fells long term? Who is more likely to be the receiving TE?

I understand that Roberts is a rookie so it is Fells right now. Just curious who you think will be that guy in the long run?

They did go to Ebron in the end zone yesterday but he dropped it. Was this the last straw for the Lions and him? 

In the previous game against the Vikings they were going to Fells on TE screens that were pretty effective.
I don’t expect much from Roberts this year but I do think they’re going to move on from Ebron sooner rather than later. 12/23 is an atrocious catch rate for a TE, he’s a lousy blocker, and just flat out gives up on plays sometimes. He might be out of the league in two years.

I don’t know what to make of Fells as a FF prospect. He’s a great blocker and played Pro basketball in a bunch of countries (Brazil, Finland, France, Mexico, & Argentina) for four years. His older brother Darren put in 10 years in as an NFL TE. Interesting cat but I don’t know that he’s going to morph into relevance.

But I do feel EE days are numbered. They elected to wait until after the draft to pick up his low-risk option year & barring injury it’s not guaranteed. I think they know what they have & everyone is fed up with the lack of maturation.

Sorry for the rabbit trail, back to Week 6 WW discussion!

Forget about Detroit players, Caldwell has no intention of playing offense until the other team has a 10+ point lead going into the 4th Q.

Maybe consider Nick O’Leary as well is Clay’s injury is bad.

If you missed out on ASJ I think Tyler Kroft is a viable streaming / bye week option. 5/4-38 yesterday, made several good catches over the middle. He’s def Dalton’s #2 option.

I also have to think Njoku is bound to start seeing more snaps. TDs in 3 of the last 4 weeks, yesterday’s catch was ridiculous. Dude is a phenomenal athlete.

Users who are viewing this thread