What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chuck E Cheese Birthday Party? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
All shtick aside, anyone ever thrown their kid a party here? 

Wife was planning this huge nonsense extravaganza bull#### for my older's 5th birthday - so I had a chat with him and asked him where he wanted his birthday party. He gave me two options, hibachi restaurant and Chuck E Cheese. We have one about 12 blocks from my house, but he has only been there twice, so no clue why, but he loves it. 

Anyways, I cockblocked my wife and told her I'm QBing this #### and he wants a Chuck E Cheese party. Went and scouted it out this morning at 1130, seems like the 11-1 slot is the shark move since it isn't that crowded at that time. 

If you had a party there, how'd it turn out? Any shark tips? I spoke to the manager and she said no outside anything (booze, cake, food, yada/yada/yada). I'm aware the food will be subpar, but unlike my wife, I don't give a #### if any of the moms are complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was a mainstay for parties back in the day.  Kids love it.  You buy some pizzas, tokens, their drink cup and let them go ...their own parents should see to them.  Plastic ball pit, skee ball, tons of games and tickets, those ####### tickets ...

It's not cheap, but it's not extravagant either ...by a long shot.   

Did one there, over 10 years ago, but kids loved it. It's pizza and games for kids. It's hell for adults, but that's what you get. Can't imagine little kids liking a party at a hibachi restaurant.

Kids love it. The games are severely outdated but the kids don't know that. Like Binky said, it's neither cheap nor extravagant, but they'll have fun. 

The habachi grill will prolly cost you more and won't last as long. It also won't be as much fun for them. 

GL

I can't believe this is even close to being an option for you.  I don't see it going well.  My kid attended one.  I am glad I didn't have to stay.

I can't believe this is even close to being an option for you.  I don't see it going well.  My kid attended one.  I am glad I didn't have to stay.
Why is this? My kid was a pig in #### in there today. For a bunch of 4-6 year olds, I can't think of a better place. It's not for my pleasure, it's for his. I don't care if every parent there is miserable. They also stamp your wrist and your kid's wrist with the same number, so the kids are secure bc you can't leave with a random child.

All-in, $800-$900, my wife does some dumb trendy thing that he'll like less, it'll be 3x the cost. 

I'm not missing the downside, that's what I'm looking for here.

What was the issue? I scouted out the location, the 11-1 the place is fairy empty, please connect the dots for me.

Why is this? My kid was a pig in #### in there today. For a bunch of 4-6 year olds, I can't think of a better place. It's not for my pleasure, it's for his. I don't care if every parent there is miserable. They also stamp your wrist and your kid's wrist with the same number, so the kids are secure bc you can't leave with a random child.

All-in, $800-$900, my wife does some dumb trendy thing that he'll like less, it'll be 3x the cost. 

I'm not missing the downside, that's what I'm looking for here.

What was the issue? I scouted out the location, the 11-1 the place is fairy empty, please connect the dots for me.
$800-$900????!?!?!??!? I just confirmed with the wife no way should it be more than $400

Did they mistake you for Otis??

Someone mentioned the ball pit being a Petri dish of bacteria.  Who knows how often they clean the toddler pee or fences out of there.  Keep your own out of there and you should be fine.

Someone mentioned the ball pit being a Petri dish of bacteria.  Who knows how often they clean the toddler pee or fences out of there.  Keep your own out of there and you should be fine.
Been to a lot of parties there for the grandkids. Don't recall ever seeing a ball pit.

$800-$900????!?!?!??!? I just confirmed with the wife no way should it be more than $400

You could put it together online. I'm sure it's more here than anywhere else, but I'll put one together outside of NYC tomorrow out of curiosity. 

$29 a kid (20-25 kids)

plus food/misc. for adults.

This one doesn't have a ball pit either, most games are fairly up to date. 

You could put it together online. I'm sure it's more here than anywhere else, but I'll put one together outside of NYC tomorrow out of curiosity. 

$29 a kid (20-25 kids)

You're getting ripped off without one of these.  

Kids love it. The games are severely outdated but the kids don't know that. Like Binky said, it's neither cheap nor extravagant, but they'll have fun. 

The habachi grill will prolly cost you more and won't last as long. It also won't be as much fun for them. 

GL
what kid wouldn't want hot food thrown at them?

$29 a kid (20-25 kids)

I have no idea why he needs 20-25 kids there.  For a five-year-old, that seems excessive.  Ten seems more about right.

But you are right, it's about him having fun.  Your wife's idea seems to be about her needs.

Did one there, over 10 years ago, but kids loved it. It's pizza and games for kids. It's hell for adults, but that's what you get. Can't imagine little kids liking a party at a hibachi restaurant.
This. It's about the kids. They love this ####. I can't stand the tickets and stupid games but kids love it. So don't over think it.

I have no idea why he needs 20-25 kids there.  For a five-year-old, that seems excessive.  Ten seems more about right.

But you are right, it's about him having fun.  Your wife's idea seems to be about her needs.
I pick and chose my battles, she needs to invite friends/moms from 2 years ago/last year/etc etc.

To be fair though, I asked him who he wanted to invite and he rattled off a list of about 15 names.

It's a place the kid's will have fun, be able to entertain themselves, and they'll serve you beer. What is the downside? 
What's the worst that can happen? The wife says, "No more,"? 

Do it, just do it. 

Probably better than sitting around watching football

:banned:

Nothing wrong with a Chuck E Cheese birthday party. They are a big hit with white trash and Mexicans. Mom and dad get to drink piss/'Murican beer while Johnny and Maria run around high on HFCS playing overpriced crappy games and winning tickets to score prizes that make those claw machines look ritzy. 

I've had a great time, every time I've been to a Chuck E Cheese bday party, but I'm half white trash and half Mexican. YMMV.

What it boils down to is would you rather your kid or your wife be pissed at you. I say go for it, something different at least. 

Kids will love it, your wife will never get over the embarrassment  you are going to cause her amongst her friends.

This would be like her throwing you a surprise bday party for you and your friends at a bodega in the south bronx. "Why get all fancy,  he just wants to drink with his friends for a few hours"

Anyways, I cockblocked my wife and told her I'm QBing this #### and he wants a Chuck E Cheese party. Went and scouted it out this morning at 1130, seems like the 11-1 slot is the shark move since it isn't that crowded at that time. 
:lmao:

I'm certain that the 15 seconds you spent At CEC yesterday is symbolic of every Sunday morning there.

We did a chuck e cheese party for my son.  I hate the place, but he asked for it and it was cheaper than other options.

Worked out fine - they take care of food/logistics.  It's not fun for adults, but it's not about us and you're out in 2 hours.  If you can't tolerate that in order to make your kid happy on their b-day I don't know what to say.

Did one about 5 years ago.  It went fine.  My kid loved it.   Like you said, the shark move is to get the earliest slot.  The kids don't care if its that early.   

All shtick aside, anyone ever thrown their kid a party here? 

Wife was planning this huge nonsense extravaganza bull#### for my older's 5th birthday - so I had a chat with him and asked him where he wanted his birthday party. He gave me two options, hibachi restaurant and Chuck E Cheese. We have one about 12 blocks from my house, but he has only been there twice, so no clue why, but he loves it. 

If you had a party there, how'd it turn out? Any shark tips? I spoke to the manager and she said no outside anything (booze, cake, food, yada/yada/yada). I'm aware the food will be subpar, but unlike my wife, I don't give a #### if any of the moms are complaining.
Yes get it going right when it opens

And honestly the pizza isn't that bad.

Let's be honest. Adults hate Chuck E Cheese because it's full of kids burning off massive amounts of adrenaline and sugar. 

Can't we also say we don't like bathrooms because it's full of people pissing and pooping?

Chuck E Cheese is a necessary part of society... as necessary as bathrooms. 

Yes get it going right when it opens

And honestly the pizza isn't that bad.

Did one about 5 years ago.  It went fine.  My kid loved it.   Like you said, the shark move is to get the earliest slot.  The kids don't care if its that early.   

We did a chuck e cheese party for my son.  I hate the place, but he asked for it and it was cheaper than other options.

Worked out fine - they take care of food/logistics.  It's not fun for adults, but it's not about us and you're out in 2 hours.  If you can't tolerate that in order to make your kid happy on their b-day I don't know what to say.
So it all worked out well for everyone, no complaints? 

So I put it together in Irving, TX & Dover, Delaware - Irving worked out to about $225 cheaper for the exact same party, Dover was about $300 cheaper. 

Makes sense IMO. 

We did the Chucky Cheese party thing, kids loved it. Then we discovered a better arcade type place a little further away with Lazer Tag, Go-Karts, and Mini Golf in addition to the crappy ticket games, and they also allow you to bring in your choice of food, so win-win. I've cycled through all of those places with two kids over the years, the indoor bounce house places, the Sky Zone trampoline place. Kids love them all.

So it all worked out well for everyone, no complaints? 
Well besides the kids who obviously love that place, there's just me and the wife and we thought it was fine.   The absolute key is to do it early.  Just like you don't go to costco at 1pm on a saturday, you don't throw a kids party at chuck e cheese at that time either.  This should be common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread