What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NorCal+SoCal Fires (Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino/Ventura) (1 Viewer)

Quint

Footballguy
Napa Valley, at least up near Calistoga, is on fire. "out of control" from what i'm hearing from NV residents/vineyard owners. 50+ mph winds and dry conditions.

####.

Last edited by a moderator:
"In Napa County, guests of the Silverado Resort and Spa on Atlas Peak Road said they had been hurriedly evacuated as flames approached. The resort had hosted the Safeway Open, a PGA Tour event, which ended Sunday.

The Napa County Sheriff’s Office said all residents from Atlas Peak Road east to Circle Oaks near Highway 121 should leave their homes. Earlier, officials said Soda Canyon residents should evacuate."

to any Napa FBGs: stay safe friends.

Dumb question but I gotta ask....

With wine being roughly 13% alcohol, what happens when it meets fire?

Dumb question but I gotta ask....

With wine being roughly 13% alcohol, what happens when it meets fire?
well, it's CA so the wine is probably closer to 15%. lol?

seriously tho: i'm not the type of person to be scared....but i'm ####### scared. houses two blocks over from us....about 1000 yards....burned tonight.

gonna try to head back home. can't get through to non-emergency numbers. waiting sucks. if they turn us around, then i guess we'll head back to the tasting room. fingers crossed.

Scary stuff, fingers crossed they control things as soon as possible. Such beautiful country up there, one of my favorite places in America.

Well, we got about 4 miles from the house and the CHP turned us around. We asked about Kenwood (where we live) and the officer said, “It’s on fire”. 

####. 

Hope everyone got out safe. 

Well, we got about 4 miles from the house and the CHP turned us around. We asked about Kenwood (where we live) and the officer said, “It’s on fire”. 

####. 

That really sucks. I'm so sorry. Glad you're safe though.

Oh man, very sorry to hear. Stay safe and will be thinking of you and those around. If anything to help, let us know.

####. 

Oh man that really blows.  I feel for you and hope that your house miraculously escapes the fire 

The Kaiser Hospital north of us about 15 miles has been evacuated. Kohl’s and Trader Joe’s on that area are gone. Wineries in Napa on fire. 

Link

JFC  

There are multiple fires that blew up overnight throughout Napa and Sonoma counties.  Santa Rosa currently on fire, and it jumped hwy 101.  Two hospitals evacuated, a mall (Trader Joes, Kohls) apparently gone.  Moving SE toward Rohnert Park now.  I'm about 25 miles south, and there's a fire burning just east of here as well.  Highway 101, highway 37, highway 121, highway 128 all have closures.

My brother and his family in Santa Rosa evacuated to my parents house in Rohnert Park early this morning, and I just got the call that they are being evacuated from their now. My dad is in England right now helping with his mother who is in her 90s, so just my mom there.

:sad: my kid just sent me pics of his car in Novato, it’s covered in ash. Lots of friends evacuated from the areas, seriously sounds bad from those that had to flee. 

In the town of Sonoma now. Things seemed to have calmed some. Fire burning on the mountainside behind Scribe winery. Heard Nicholson Ranch got clipped earlier. 

The folks up in northern Santa Rosa took a beating. Fountaingrove Inn & Spa gone. Lots of homes destroyed. Ash falling here and there. Hoping the winds stay calm, let CalFire do work. Damn. Helluva day. 

CGRdrJoe said:
:sad: my kid just sent me pics of his car in Novato, it’s covered in ash. Lots of friends evacuated from the areas, seriously sounds bad from those that had to flee. 
Yup, it's pretty bad here.  Just an eerie red glow and ash all over the cars.  Flipping back and forth between the local news channels, and it's just massive amounts of destruction up there.  Wineries, resorts, shopping malls, and most importantly dozens and dozens (hundreds?) of homes just gone.  The firefighters are still primarily just trying to save lives and clear people out and are barely fighting the fires themselves yet.  Both Kaiser and Sutter hospitals in Santa Rosa still in danger.

45,000 acres as of right now.  And this just started last night.  

My son said that cardinal newman high burnt down, it’s hard to find any coverage out here in Michigan on this.

My son said that cardinal newman high burnt down, it’s hard to find any coverage out here in Michigan on this.
:shock:

I'm getting texts from my marin friends saying they're getting alerts that san rafael is now opening centers to evacuees from sonoma.

the novato fire I read about earlier appears to have been contained, thank goodness. 

scary, scary stuff. aside from the oakland hills fire, I don't recall something this big in the area before.

Seeing same reports.  Cardinal Newman, Luther Burbank Center (Performing Arts facility), Hilton, Fountaingrove Inn (and the new fire station nearby), Chateau St. Jean....1,500 structures and growing.  Mandatory evacuation area growing.  So bad.....

As a Novatoan, I am following this closely.  Good luck Quint.

NUSD decided to keep schools open today.  Nuts if you ask me.  We kept our kids home today.
Howdy neighbor.  My daughter went to school today (MC), but all practices cancelled.

Tried to get back up the highway. CHP has Hwy 12 blocked off at Madrone Rd. There’s a winery called Hamel Family right at that intersection. The hill behind the vineyard is a-blaze, about 600 yds from the highway. And at least 30 cars parked there with gawkers checking it out. Smh. 

Havent slept. Working on 100% adrenaline. Feel a crash coming soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread