What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 6 (1 Viewer)

This will be an interesting week for RB decisions.  Fournette at home vs. the Rams should be at the top of the list.  Hunt had yet another 100yds and now the waters are muddied a little bit with Gordon coming alive and guys like Martin looking decent and A.Jones coming alive. 

Quick glance, I had my eye on Fournette and Freeman, but the Steelers have seemed to give up on football, so Hunt should be good at home too. 

0 clue why Steelers weren't running, the Rams were using T.Austin so much, and a healthy Hyde was standing on the sidelines last week. 

I'm liking CJ Anderson this week. I also like Kearse against the Patriots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asj vs pats will likely be my cheap look for te. Engram should get Big uptick in targets, Lewis is a nice cheap wr as well. I’m likely using Hopkins again. Powell for Gpp after he burned everyone last week? 

Lots of qb options in the 7000-8000 range, Watson vs Cleveland will be owned a lot in cash I bet. Mccown super cheap vs pats might be a good get right game for the pats defense. I might pass on that one. Give me Alex smith every week until he hits 8000. 

Reminder to self: don’t go lineup crazy and donkey off the week of winnings. 

Snorkelson said:
Asj vs pats will likely be my cheap look for te. Engram should get Big uptick in targets, Lewis is a nice cheap wr as well. I’m likely using Hopkins again. Powell for Gpp after he burned everyone last week? 

Lots of qb options in the 7000-8000 range, Watson vs Cleveland will be owned a lot in cash I bet. Mccown super cheap vs pats might be a good get right game for the pats defense. I might pass on that one. Give me Alex smith every week until he hits 8000. 

Reminder to self: don’t go lineup crazy and donkey off the week of winnings. 
He got priced up to TE5 this week. 

2 bottom priced TEs are going up against the worst 2 Ds against the TE this week:  AJ Derby and R.Griffin.  Those guys might be worth a look in gpps (hell, you might need the savings in cash too).  Derby saw 6 targets their last game, and Griffin has seen 5-6 each of the last 3 weeks. 

Placeholder first run cash LU:

Watson - Fournette/Hunt - Landry/K.Allen/Thielen - 4.6KTE - 4.6K PK - KC Def

Reports are that Bradford might play tonight.  IF that is the case and he survives the week without more incident to his knee, I think that might be my cash QB at home vs. the Packers.  600 cheaper than Watson, lost their RB, and more likely to have to keep passing with GB in town. 

It would not surprise me if the same two RBs that let us all down last week (Bell, Gurley) were the top of the heap this week.

Maybe their coaches learned something?  I do not think that they will have much ownership this week. 

Just a thought for contrarian ownership.

It would not surprise me if the same two RBs that let us all down last week (Bell, Gurley) were the top of the heap this week.

Maybe their coaches learned something?  I do not think that they will have much ownership this week. 

Gurley has been solid thus far, so one week isn’t going to scare too many off imo vs a jags defense that you can really only run against. I don’t know what to make of Pittsburgh. 

Elijah McGuire looks like he may get most/all of the work this week. Intriguing cheap play to think about. I also will throw Ellington in another lineup, I’ll take the 9 catch weeks and hope for a td.

For sure.  Gpp plays can be the shot in the dark guy that pans out, but most of the time it seems like when I look at stuff it's more on the the lines of the talented guys that that have been slumping or have a bad matchup and people pass them over (or as you point out - somebody that burned a lot of people the week before).  

This season guys like AB vs. a tough Jax D, TY Hilton, Fournette vs. what people think is a strong Steeler team at home, Cam vs. Pats, etc.  

Go right back to guys that had a down week that have talent/oppurtunity - Gurley, Fitz, K.Allen, Evans, Julio, Brady, Ryan, etc.. 

Elijah McGuire looks like he may get most/all of the work this week. Intriguing cheap play to think about. I also will throw Ellington in another lineup, I’ll take the 9 catch weeks and hope for a td.
TB is one of the 4 teams that have averaged giving up 7 recs and 55yds/g to rbs.  The others are NO (Riddick?), SF (C.Thompson?), and Atl (don't think MIa has a rb worth rostering for that). 

I was just looking at things, and I think I might pass over these 5K receiving backs too much on FD.  I know it's not full ppr, but a guy like Kamara, White, Cohen, Ellington, Duke can be had for about 1K less than a WR like D.Jax but while DJax averages 7 targets a game, so do these guys and some of them get 5+ rushes in addition to those targets.  I would assume in the right matchup, some of these guys have just as good of a shot at ripping off a long TD.   I think the NO rbs might be an interesting gpp option this week.

My placeholder...

Watson - Gordon/Fournette - Diggs/Fitz/M. Jones - Brate - Lutz - Was

Not in love with this.  I had a real tough time filling in the line up.  

What aren't you in love with in the LU? 
WRs in particular.  Not sure I can trust Jones, although the match up seems ripe.  I originally tried to work Golden Tate in.  Obviously, the advantage of Jones is the price break.  Fitz gives me pause as well.  Outside that Dallas game, he has been rather pedestrian against some fairly weak pass defenses.  He is no lock to hit value.  Brate is playing well, but he is one of those names I always have a mental hang up with and rarely pull the trigger...no logical reason for this.  Washington was just a fill in that cost the same price as the money I had left...will need to re-evaluate defenses.  The ones I like are ones that would require paying up for (Den, Hou, Atl)

I think I’ll be paying up this week for defense. Hard not to like the broncos, Eli has no line, no WRs, no rb, no mobility. 

Snorkelson said:
I think I’ll be paying up this week for defense. Hard not to like the broncos, Eli has no line, no WRs, no rb, no mobility. 
Yeah, you are probably right here.  However, it was hard enough getting a LU together I liked while paying down at TE, K, and D. 

Yeah, you are probably right here.  However, it was hard enough getting a LU together I liked while paying down at TE, K, and D. 
Cheap options at wr and rb, the cheap (Bad team) defenses are in bad spots this week. I think there are some decent options in the 5500-7000 range at both spots

Cheap options at wr and rb, the cheap (Bad team) defenses are in bad spots this week. I think there are some decent options in the 5500-7000 range at both spots
I am stubborn and really like the Hunt/Fournette combo for cash.  I will have to look at WR options maybe. 

Very early but place holder for me. 

Watson  Howard/Kamara  AB/Hopkins/Cobb  Walker Gosk Atl. 

Watson.... Looks to good to be true lol. Seriously though this game could be a blowout and a lot of running the 2nd half. Qb is a tough one for me this week. I like Cousins and Newton in this price range also. 

RB... Hard to not go chalk here. Fournette, Hunt, Bell and Gurley are solid solid plays. Just like Howard against Balt. and Kamara is going to get plenty of touches specially in the passing game. 

Not huge on Cobb but for now until I see something better he's it. 

TE I just don't see value anywhere. 

Want to pay up for Denver and will most likely grab a cheaper kicker for it. 

Thoughts?

Early cash L/U: QB/Cousins, RB/Hunt - McKinnon, WR/ Hopkins - Hogan - Allen, TE/Z. Miller, K/Lutz, DEF/BAL.

After watching last night, really liking McKinnon at $5600

Very early but place holder for me. 

Watson  Howard/Kamara  AB/Hopkins/Cobb  Walker Gosk Atl. 

Watson.... Looks to good to be true lol. Seriously though this game could be a blowout and a lot of running the 2nd half. Qb is a tough one for me this week. I like Cousins and Newton in this price range also. 

RB... Hard to not go chalk here. Fournette, Hunt, Bell and Gurley are solid solid plays. Just like Howard against Balt. and Kamara is going to get plenty of touches specially in the passing game. 

Not huge on Cobb but for now until I see something better he's it. 

TE I just don't see value anywhere. 

Want to pay up for Denver and will most likely grab a cheaper kicker for it. 

Thoughts?
I know it's just my mental block for cash, but I start doing the player comparison game and the higher $ Rbs usually win out.  I start thinking would I rather pay 9k for a player who touches the ball 25x a game and gets 3-4 red zone opps, or 9K for a player who sees 12 targets a game and 1 red zone opp?

This might be the week to do it with guys like McKinnon and McGuire on the cheap, but I have been burned more times playing guys like AB and Julio in cash than I have Bell and Hunt.   

Willie Snead is finally back and only $5,600 against a DET secondary that I saw snoozing more than once last week against Cam.

Then again I probably convinced a couple of you to go all in on Gurley last week (my apologies), so take it with a grain of salt.

Willie Snead is finally back and only $5,600 against a DET secondary that I saw snoozing more than once last week against Cam.

Then again I probably convinced a couple of you to go all in on Gurley last week (my apologies), so take it with a grain of salt.
He was back before the bye, but was a healthy scratch. Kind of odd.

My placeholder for GPPs right now.

Siemian - D. Freeman - L. Miller - Hopkins - E. Sanders - Keenan - E. Engram - Hopkins - Baltimore

Siemian/Sanders stack - The Giants are a mess right now and just announced DRC will be suspended.  Their pass defense is in the bottom half of the league and going against CJA owners will be a boost if these two hook up.

Freeman/Miller - Both RBs are on teams projected to win handily this week (HOU -9 and ATL -10), which bodes well for both running games.  Both have talented backups, but should produce enough in a grind-the-clock win to pay off their salaries.

Hopkins/Keenan - Hopkins has been a target monster this year and will be the highest owned player this week.  Fade him at your own risk.  Keenan should see double-digit targets again this week and is due a TD as he's been unable to find the end zone since week one.

Engram - He's basically the last man standing in the Giants receiving corps right now.  He burned a lot of people with a goose egg last week, so he should see depressed ownership but an uptick in targets.

Hopkins/Baltimore - Hopkins sees plenty of scoring opportunities each week and Baltimore is playing Chicago and a rookie QB.  Chalk options, but cheap enough to not hurt a lineup.

I do worry about L.Miller a bit.  Browns haven't won any games, but they still seem to hold their opponents to really low yds/g on the ground. 

Was reading an article on the crapper today, and thought it was interesting using the Vegas #s. 

2 teams have yet to hit their vegas implied totals:  AZ, MIA

Teams that are 4-1 on the year hitting their implied totals:  KC, PHIL, DET

2 teams yet to be in a game that hits the over:  PITT, MIA

teams that are 4-1 on the year being in games that have gone over:  RAMS, INDY, KC, NE, GB

I do worry about L.Miller a bit.  Browns haven't won any games, but they still seem to hold their opponents to really low yds/g on the ground. 
Agreed, in part.  Still going to swap out Miller as he is a negative correlation to Hopkins, which I didn't catch on my first run through.  There's some good value in the 6800 - 7200 range at RB.  Leaning Doug Martin, but might pivot to Aaron Jones if Ty is ruled out.

Agreed, in part.  Still going to swap out Miller as he is a negative correlation to Hopkins, which I didn't catch on my first run through.  There's some good value in the 6800 - 7200 range at RB.  Leaning Doug Martin, but might pivot to Aaron Jones if Ty is ruled out.
I like Howard at that range for gpps. 

And damn that AP trade.  I really liked Kamara this week as a gpp play, but all I hear on podcasts is talk about him and Ingram so I think that will be more popular that I wanted. 

I have pretty good data to demonstrate that you should follow my initial choices at QB, PK, and DST. And absolutely avoid all of my other initial choices as though the future of the world depends on it. 

Here's an attempt to pay up for a Def...

Watson - Gurley/Fournette - Hopkins/Allen/Louis - Rudolph (or Engram) - Hopkins(or Lutz) - Denver

No, I don't trust Louis at all, but at $4500, I could hope...lol.    Louis has led the team for two straight weeks (9.6 and 8.9 FP).  Browns will be playing from behind as usual.  Downside is that Britt was back at practice...but he has been awful anyway, so maybe Louis remains the #1 guy.  Kevin Hogan taking over the helm as well.  Too many uncertainties perhaps, but nice to work in Denver D vs NYG and Hopkins vs CLE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommy Collins said:
He was back before the bye, but was a healthy scratch. Kind of odd.
Snead was out with a Hamstring. Not a healthy scratch. I like Snead but the combo of hammy and rust... Tough to pull the trigger. 

Titans_fan said:
So do I, but that would require swapping out Baltimore's DST....That's what makes this so fun and frustrating at the same time!
Not a fan of Balt. Defense. I wouldn't let that hold me up. 

I know it's just my mental block for cash, but I start doing the player comparison game and the higher $ Rbs usually win out.  I start thinking would I rather pay 9k for a player who touches the ball 25x a game and gets 3-4 red zone opps, or 9K for a player who sees 12 targets a game and 1 red zone opp?

This might be the week to do it with guys like McKinnon and McGuire on the cheap, but I have been burned more times playing guys like AB and Julio in cash than I have Bell and Hunt.   
No you are correct. It is rare for me to not go heavy at RB. I made a ton last year on Bell and DJ (sometimes together). It's almost always easier to find a $6000 wr vs RB. Even after getting stuck on Powell last week I really feel Howard and Kamara will hold 2X value floor with a nice ceiling. 

Im not set in stone and I think when the dust settles I will be more deversified this week vs my previous weeks. I might even run 6 lineups vs my usual 3 ( 6 Thursday and 6 main). However my Thursday and Main generally have same core groups. This will allow me to run heavy backs, light backs and maybe a combo or two. 

KarmaPolice said:
And damn that AP trade.  I really liked Kamara this week as a gpp play, but all I hear on podcasts is talk about him and Ingram so I think that will be more popular that I wanted. 

And there's something there that I'm not getting. I just looked at the ownership projection page and Ingram is slotted at 22% - what for? I don't get the popularity because he's never been a stud even before AP came along. Sure, he's had a few good games here and there, but, they've been the exception with him, not the rule. I've bought into the hype with him far to many times and got burned.

DET's run defense is only giving up 71 YPG through 5 weeks & only three rushing TD's. Yes, they've also given up nearly 300 yds through the air as well, but, only one passing TD to the RB position - and the passing downs would be Kamara's anyway, wouldn't it?

Somebody help me out here - what's the attraction w/ Ingram?

And there's something there that I'm not getting. I just looked at the ownership projection page and Ingram is slotted at 22% - what for? I don't get the popularity because he's never been a stud even before AP came along. Sure, he's had a few good games here and there, but, they've been the exception with him, not the rule. I've bought into the hype with him far to many times and got burned.

DET's run defense is only giving up 71 YPG through 5 weeks & only three rushing TD's. Yes, they've also given up nearly 300 yds through the air as well, but, only one passing TD to the RB position - and the passing downs would be Kamara's anyway, wouldn't it?

Somebody help me out here - what's the attraction w/ Ingram?
I think it's a multitude of factors.  High total, home team for starters.  I do think a bit has to do with the AP news and people thinking about them more now.  Problem is, AP wasn't really taking much from them anyway and Ingram and Kamara's touches were going up.   In the end, he is a cheap back that could touch the ball 20 times and gets RZ looks.  Maybe people think he is a good gpp pivot from what would be a chalkier McKinnon and a way to get a piece of the highest o/u on the week?

But if he is going to be higher owned than guys like Freeman, CJA, Howard, etc.. sign me up for all of those other guys. 

I think it's a multitude of factors.  High total, home team for starters.  I do think a bit has to do with the AP news and people thinking about them more now.  Problem is, AP wasn't really taking much from them anyway and Ingram and Kamara's touches were going up.   In the end, he is a cheap back that could touch the ball 20 times and gets RZ looks.  Maybe people think he is a good gpp pivot from what would be a chalkier McKinnon and a way to get a piece of the highest o/u on the week?

But if he is going to be higher owned than guys like Freeman, CJA, Howard, etc.. sign me up for all of those other guys. 
Just seems to me like Kamara's done more with his touches than Ingram, and at $100 less, I'd think he'd be more popular - although, his projected ownership is high as well. I guess it probably sounds like I'm complaining that Ingrams ownership is projected as high as it is, and I'm not; I'm just trying to understand why because history suggests that he's not going to come close to hitting tournament value, even with the 20 touches, which I'm not sure he gets. There has to be something more. But I do agree on the other guys; will definitely try to work them in.

Just seems to me like Kamara's done more with his touches than Ingram, and at $100 less, I'd think he'd be more popular - although, his projected ownership is high as well. I guess it probably sounds like I'm complaining that Ingrams ownership is projected as high as it is, and I'm not; I'm just trying to understand why because history suggests that he's not going to come close to hitting tournament value, even with the 20 touches, which I'm not sure he gets. There has to be something more. But I do agree on the other guys; will definitely try to work them in.
I think also there is some td regression, as he has seen his touches go up each game and hasn't gotten a td yet. 

I think I might split them and go Kamara on FD and Ingram on DK, if I do play the guys.  

Everyone rushing in to play Ingram and kamara with AP gone, I think there are better options. Is 10 touches between the two going to change that much? The lions have played pretty solid defense up to last week, and credit cam with getting into form for dismantling them and the Carolina defense for getting to Stafford a bunch. I don’t see New Orleans doing that, and while everyone sees shootout, I see Detroit trying to control time of possession and the defense tackles better. 

My opinion is if you want to get a piece of NO here try fleener- Det has given up decent games to tes this year. For Gpp anyway he’s worth a look. I think I like McGuire over Ingram and Ellington over kamara if you want the rec.

Everyone rushing in to play Ingram and kamara with AP gone, I think there are better options. Is 10 touches between the two going to change that much? The lions have played pretty solid defense up to last week, and credit cam with getting into form for dismantling them and the Carolina defense for getting to Stafford a bunch. I don’t see New Orleans doing that, and while everyone sees shootout, I see Detroit trying to control time of possession and the defense tackles better. 

My opinion is if you want to get a piece of NO here try fleener- Det has given up decent games to tes this year. For Gpp anyway he’s worth a look. I think I like McGuire over Ingram and Ellington over kamara if you want the rec.
In theory, sure.  We make decisions on RBs all the time looking at somebody getting 15 carries a game and somebody getting 20+.   APs touches were the rushing touches, so I think the reasoning is that those would go more to Ingram.  Even if it's 50/50, that puts Ingram up to 20 touches and still rec targets, which would put him in the elite tier on paper.  Also factoring in when I listen and read things is Det's DT being hurt too, maybe opening success to the rushing as well.    I do agree with you 100% on the pivots though if you don't buy into this on the week.  Det DVOA to rb-rec is 3, so Kamara might not have quite the success as we might think.  Others not getting talked about are White and C.Thompson too. 

This is an interesting week.   Too many options, and might have to fire up 2 cash LUs for the first time this season. 

The more I look at it, the more I like CJA as an option on FD. Just wrote down something like this for cash:  Watson - Hunt/CJA - Allen/Hogan/Fitz - Griffin - 4.6K - Denv.

Might still end up with my original rb combo and here is where I am at as of now: Watson - Fournette/Hunt - Fitz/Landry/Thielen - Griffin - Lutz or Hopkins - Denv.   Really like that core of QB/RB/TE/PK/Def, and it leaves almost 20K for the 3 WRs.   Could do something like Allen/Fitz/Gabriel there. 

Thursday GPPs

1- Brees, Bell, McKinnon, Michael Thomas, ESanders, Marvin Jones, ASJ, Lutz, Denver

2 - Watson, Gurley, McGuire, Antonio Brown, Hopkins, Fuller, Jesse James, Elliott, Denver

Saints stack in #1 with a mix of studs and affordable play  

Going back to the well on Texans super stack in #2 which will be heavily played so I made it more weird with McGuire and Jesse James  

I'm a little heavy on Steelers however I think they are mature enough to recover from Ben's meltdown last week but not good enough to beat the Chiefs however the Chiefs have been given up a lot of yards. 

Any thoughts on Dickson at TE tonight? Was last week an outlier or is he begining to build chemistry and taking on more of Olsens role. 

More I look the more I like him tonight. 

I have a couple 25cent Mon/Thurs LUs going that had McKinnon in them.  I have Alshon in them. 

Did one $1 Thurs-Mon LU in there and faded the game.  Will probably change, but put in an Atl onslaught as a holder that I don't mind:

Ryan - Freeman/CJA - T.Gabriel/D.Jax/Fuller - Gronk - Fairbairn - Denv. 

Users who are viewing this thread