What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Harvey Weinstein Scandal / The Me Too Movement (1 Viewer)

That sounds nice, but the flaw in this logic is that you assume conservatives actually care about Weinstein's victims, or Bill Clinton's victims, or any victims of sexual assault or harassment. They don't care about those women at all. They're using them as a shield to justify ignoring the truth about Trump and Fox News. They tell themselves that Dems/liberals tolerate it too, even though they don't and haven't for decades.
I was just gonna read and not post but this gave me a great belly laugh.  Thank you, sir.  Great meltdown in here too.  Don't ever change.

Come on everyone, Harvey Weinstein is a predator that has been exposed for his disgusting pattern of behavior that occurred for decades. I think everyone agrees he was justly fired from his employer. 

If we all agree on that, we should all be in agreement that it is a national disgrace that Trump was elected and remains our President despite being exposed for a pattern of behavior towards women that is strikingly similar to Weinstein.
Look, I think Trump is as horrible a president as there possibly could be.  But I haven't seen allegations anywhere near the allegations similar to Weinstein.  That guy took it to another (Cosby) level. 

Look, I think Trump is as horrible a president as there possibly could be.  But I haven't seen allegations anywhere near the allegations similar to Weinstein.  That guy took it to another (Cosby) level. 
Sure. But the flip side of this is that democrats are being criticized for merely  taking Weinsteins money before they even knew he did stuff like this. While Republicans nominated Trump and then not only mostly continued to endorse him but also voted for him in droves AFTER they knew about the stuff he did.

Also there's not only what Trump did himself, but also what he and other Republicans said (and didn't say) about people like Roger Ailes, whose sins are on the Weinstein level. The hypocrisy is overwhelming

What's up with these guys wanting chicks to watch them spank it?  Is it like the first step to test the water?  If they go for it the light is green.  If not they can claim they never touched them?

Louis CK is probably sweating bullits.

Pretty ballsy of Terry Crewes to come forward that this has happened to him (in the last year!) and HE was afraid to speak out. 
Jolie, Paltrow, Judd...none of them spoke out.  Judd rages for feminism yet did not speak out until now.  How can you take her serious? Hollywood is a fraud.

Jolie, Paltrow, Judd...none of them spoke out.  Judd rages for feminism yet did not speak out until now.  How can you take her serious? Hollywood is a fraud.
Judd has absolutely spoken out before - she gave an interview about it in 2015 and it was clearly about Weinstein though she didn't name him. And may in fact have helped lead to the NYPD sting in 2015.  

But when women make allegations in the press their lives get ruined.  See, generally, the 2016 election.  

Judd has absolutely spoken out before - she gave an interview about it in 2015 and it was clearly about Weinstein though she didn't name him. And may in fact have helped lead to the NYPD sting in 2015.  

But when women make allegations in the press their lives get ruined.  See, generally, the 2016 election.  
Judd's incident that she spoke about happened over 20 years ago though.

Honestly I didn't know who Harvey Weinstein was before this story. Sounds like a scumbag. I'm glad people are condemning him.

I don't think discussion of anybody else is relevant.

The issue here is not directly with the dems but with the Hollywood elite which has turned into the left's cultural storm-troopers...there is a lot of hypocrisy with this story from that world...overall, there is a cluelessness with the left in that they don't understand the more these Hollywood elites yap the more many of the "common-folk" get turned off by their yapping...mock Trump all you want 
Where to go from here?  Did these "common-folk" get turned off by Ailes, Bill O'Reilly and Trump surrounding their sexual harassment issues?   Did anyone on Fox News, the network of the "common people" do an opening 20 minute segment on the heels of the Ailes or O'Reilly news?   

Maddow just opened her show and spent half of it on Weinstein.  

The issue here is not directly with the dems but with the Hollywood elite which has turned into the left's cultural storm-troopers...there is a lot of hypocrisy with this story from that world...overall, there is a cluelessness with the left in that they don't understand the more these Hollywood elites yap the more many of the "common-folk" get turned off by their yapping...mock Trump all you want but he fully understands that and that is why he wades into stuff like this and the NFL/Anthem issue...it is  political winner for him... 
Trump has been desperate to be a Hollywood elite his entire life.  He just wasn't talented enough though.  He wades into it because it's the only thing he's interested in or can carry a conversation about.

The interesting thing to me here is how many people had similar stories that they felt they had to keep private due to his power and fear of retribution, and perhaps they felt their story was unique...

There should be some kind of social media app where folks can post anonymous stuff like this about folks who are potential abusers, and possibly find some reassurance in numbers.  Hard to see how that wouldn't turn out as a slanderous app though or one prone to abuse.  Really unfortunate position these folks are in, both men and women, who are the focus of this kind of abusive situation.

eurotrashman said:
  Did these "common-folk" get turned off by Ailes, Bill O'Reilly and Trump surrounding their sexual harassment issues?   Did anyone on Fox News, the network of the "common people" do an opening 20 minute segment on the heels of the Ailes or O'Reilly news?   

Maddow just opened her show and spent half of it on Weinstein.  
:popcorn:

Da Guru said:
Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Pretty ballsy of Terry Crewes to come forward that this has happened to him (in the last year!) and HE was afraid to speak out. 
Judd's actions are entirely consistent with a woman who was sexually harassed and felt like she had to censor the story to maintain her reputation and her career.

Your actions are entirely consistent with a person who is a victim-blamer.

Da Guru said:
Judd's incident that she spoke about happened over 20 years ago though.
If you read the original article about it a couple years ago she talked about it because she'd happened to mention it to another actress in a group recently and they realized they all had the same story - so they started speaking out, beginning with her. 

The interesting thing to me here is how many people had similar stories that they felt they had to keep private due to his power and fear of retribution, and perhaps they felt their story was unique...

There should be some kind of social media app where folks can post anonymous stuff like this about folks who are potential abusers, and possibly find some reassurance in numbers.  Hard to see how that wouldn't turn out as a slanderous app though or one prone to abuse.  Really unfortunate position these folks are in, both men and women, who are the focus of this kind of abusive situation.
I will see if I can find it but there was a blog that detailed one woman's anonymous allegations some time ago.

The issue here is not directly with the dems but with the Hollywood elite which has turned into the left's cultural storm-troopers...there is a lot of hypocrisy with this story from that world...overall, there is a cluelessness with the left in that they don't understand the more these Hollywood elites yap the more many of the "common-folk" get turned off by their yapping...mock Trump all you want but he fully understands that and that is why he wades into stuff like this and the NFL/Anthem issue...it is  political winner for him... 
I'll never understand this thinking. I didn't understand it in 2015. I don't understand it now. This thinking leads to worse and worse and worse behavior and worse and worse and worse leaders.  I have no idea who is selling this bull#### on a rope out there but it is selling.

Last edited by a moderator:
TobiasFunke said:
Sure. But the flip side of this is that democrats are being criticized for merely  taking Weinsteins money before they even knew he did stuff like this. While Republicans nominated
You. Are. Adorable.

Daywalker said:
Trump has been desperate to be a Hollywood elite his entire life.  He just wasn't talented enough though.  He wades into it because it's the only thing he's interested in or can carry a conversation about.
:lmao:   He makes 450 million a year.   Most of these "actors" don't even have that for their net worth.   But yeah keep believing his fortune is all a ruse to not get Hillary elected.

Do you wonder what Weinstein did to make the Liberal NYT's break the story on him?    Just trying to get you looking in another direction while the video surfaces of their editors admitting their blatant political bias.   Too bad for Harvey, he got the short end of the stick.

I'll never understand this thinking. I didn't understand it in 2015. I don't understand it now. This thinking leads to worse and worse and worse behavior and worse and worse and worse leaders.  I have no idea who is selling this bull#### on a rope out there but it is selling.
It is no longer politics but a PR game...I don't know why anyone would want to run for office anymore...they are just going to get shredded about every aspect of their life...

Do you wonder what Weinstein did to make the Liberal NYT's break the story on him?    Just trying to get you looking in another direction while the video surfaces of their editors admitting their blatant political bias.   Too bad for Harvey, he got the short end of the stick.
The New Yorker?

I agree. I think it plays both ways too unfortunately. Look at how many people lost their minds and HATE Tim Tebow for wearing his religious beliefs on his sleeve.

Or, well, tons of college campuses where there are "safe spaces" or total freakouts when conservative (or in some cases nationalist is the better descriptor) speakers come to speak.

We've lost the ability to actually listen, engage, understand the views of others, etc. Our reaction on both sides now is to immediately go nuclear and race to the bottom based on who is saying something rather than anything they are actually saying.

Something wrong about Rose Mcgowan going after other hollywood people for knowing and not doing anything. She knew. She took 100k of hush money. 

I agree. I think it plays both ways too unfortunately. Look at how many people lost their minds and HATE Tim Tebow for wearing his religious beliefs on his sleeve.

Or, well, tons of college campuses where there are "safe spaces" or total freakouts when conservative (or in some cases nationalist is the better descriptor) speakers come to speak.

We've lost the ability to actually listen, engage, understand the views of others, etc. Our reaction on both sides now is to immediately go nuclear and race to the bottom based on who is saying something rather than anything they are actually saying.
There's a simple cure for this, just vote and support on principle. How hard is that? - This is how I read this now:

1. > Voter watches prominent persons who stand for things they oppose engage in hypocritical and disgusting behavior.

2. > Voter then abandons his principles and proceeds to support someone even more hypocritical and who engages in even worse behavior.

I can't get that. I get that people like Weinstein doing what they do increases disgust with the system and cynicism. That is true, this whole thing just makes people angry at "the system", however the cure there is to improve the system and call for reform, not to destroy it altogether.

Judd's actions are entirely consistent with a woman who was sexually harassed and felt like she had to censor the story to maintain her reputation and her career.

Your actions are entirely consistent with a person who is a victim-blamer.
Pretty sure Judd was raped as a child, iirc. But y'know...f her and how she handles things I know nothing about.

There's a simple cure for this, just vote and support on principle. How hard is that? - This is how I read this now:

1. > Voter watches prominent persons who stand for things they oppose engage in hypocritical and disgusting behavior.

2. > Voter then abandons his principles and proceeds to support someone even more hypocritical and who engages in even worse behavior.

I can't get that. I get that people like Weinstein doing what they do increases disgust with the system and cynicism. That is true, this whole thing just makes people angry at "the system", however the cure there is to improve the system and call for reform, not to destroy it altogether.
I agree. 

I think a large part of that is simply that people have no real principles anymore. They don't know what they truly believe, why they believe what they believe, or why any of it is really important (insert rant on subjectivism).

Because of that, we've gone from doing things based on principle, to viewing things through an "ends justifies the means" lens, to where we are now.

And Trump has been successful because he realized (or maybe just got lucky that his own failings reflected the failings of our culture) that where we are now has gone past caring about the ends or means and has simply become about winning or losing. It doesn't matter what argument you make or what you have to do to win, even if it is the exact opposite of what you said or did 30 seconds ago, all that matters is if you win.

Unfortunately the system will never change because the people who have created it would be in-charge of fixing it...not gonna happen...best bet is term-limits but good luck with that...

Unfortunately the system will never change because the people who have created it would be in-charge of fixing it...not gonna happen...best bet is term-limits but good luck with that...
So you ditch your principles and vote in people who exemplify magnitudes worse the behavior that you say you oppose? This makes sense to you?

So you ditch your principles and vote in people who exemplify magnitudes worse the behavior that you say you oppose? This makes sense to you?
You act like this is Star Wars where there is good and bad...sorry but I think most of these politicians are self-centered clowns...I think for a lot of people they simply want change...once they get change and realize it is the same nonsense they will want change again...it is a real bad cycle...that and the fact both parties are so polarized then while many give the BS they will vote for the other party they aren't going to when it is time...the system is broke and fools like Trump, Clinton, McConnell, Pelosi etc. are totally unqualified to change it (if they even want to)...

I realize this is about Weinstein, I think overall yes it does increase people's suspicion, disgust and cynicism with the overall journalism and political structure, I realize that and that's one outcome here. 

One of these is not like the others, character-wise or competence-wise.
Sorry, but you should not be in-charge of what other people's opinions are...I am not disagreeing with you but in our society people are free to make their own choices/mistakes...put up a better candidate then Hildo and this is all a moot point...you may not like Trump and all his baggage but by no means did he defeat Abraham Lincoln...

Users who are viewing this thread