What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Harvey Weinstein Scandal / The Me Too Movement (2 Viewers)

Had Limbaugh on this morning for 10 minutes, and it was 100% devoted to Weinstein and the  '#######s' covering for all these sexual predators.  Strange world we live in where the guy who defended Ailes and O'Reilly is now accusing the left of continuing to support Weinstein when I have seen no such thing from anyone I know, listen to, or read.

Had Limbaugh on this morning for 10 minutes, and it was 100% devoted to Weinstein and the  '#######s' covering for all these sexual predators.  Strange world we live in where the guy who defended Ailes and O'Reilly is now accusing the left of continuing to support Weinstein when I have seen no such thing from anyone I know, listen to, or read.
There may come a day when those on the right like Limbaugh understand how much they've embraced hypocrisy. 

Today is not that day.

Tomorrow won't be either.

Nor is it coming anytime soon.

It's almost like Rush isn't being entirely forthright and honest about something.  

Mark Halperin, Game Change author and prominent political journo, is having himself a tough day.

He's been accused by five women.

I think this goes on for months. Scumbags getting exposed.

Mark Halperin, Game Change author and prominent political journo, is having himself a tough day.

We can only hope.

Speaking of scumbags getting exposed, Weinstein's former lawyer Lisa Bloom said that she didn't know about the sexual assaults when she quit. She portrayed herself as just being there to help Weinstein reform himself. Only, it turns out that she had been attempting to dig up dirt on his accusers for months, had been going over non-disclosure agreements to try to shut them up, and had gone to the outlets researching stories to try to pressure them into backing off.

Halperin was a regular on Morning Joe.  They dropped him when this news hit.  

I hope stories like these give victims across the country and around the world the courage to speak up, and hope they will be believed.

All of this is just unbelievable. Is there something unique to entertainment that makes this so common? Fame? Old, ulgy people having power over young beautiful people?

It's bizarre how this has its tentacles in news media as well as Hollywood. The thing that I can't begin to understand is how so many people were complicit in covering this up. We aren't talking about nobodies here... we're talking about super-famous, powerful millionaires... many times the self-described champions of women's rights turning a blind eye to obvious abuse.

If Feldman is telling the truth it could be the end of Hollywood as we know it. Either way, Hollywood has lost all credibility.

All of this is just unbelievable. Is there something unique to entertainment that makes this so common? Fame? Old, ulgy people having power over young beautiful people?

It's bizarre how this has its tentacles in news media as well as Hollywood. The thing that I can't begin to understand is how so many people were complicit in covering this up. We aren't talking about nobodies here... we're talking about super-famous, powerful millionaires... many times the self-described champions of women's rights turning a blind eye to obvious abuse.

If Feldman is telling the truth it could be the end of Hollywood as we know it. Either way, Hollywood has lost all credibility.
you had me and then you lost me. You want to make it just about Hollywood? 

No.  It's common all over.  There's something unique about "independent contractor"-like status that makes it tough to prosecute as sexual harassment, but anywhere you find independent contractors you find massive abuses of power by people who hire them.

No.  It's common all over.  There's something unique about "independent contractor"-like status that makes it tough to prosecute as sexual harassment, but anywhere you find independent contractors you find massive abuses of power by people who hire them.
My industry relies heavily on independent contractors and I've never even heard a whisper similar to the allegations that have been coming out lately. 

Would a medical professional get 1/1000th the coverage that Harvey Weinstein got?
I don't know... these things tend to come out. There isn't the equivalent of a 'casting couch' in the medical profession. It actually makes me sick that the 'casting couch' is a part of the lexicon -- suggesting this kind of abuse really isn't a secret. 

Interesting timing but this story confuses me - she asks if “they” are trying to silence her - who does she mean, drug enforcement agents or Hollywood elites or someone else?  Genuine question - I don’t get what the conspiracy would be.

AAABatteries said:
Interesting timing but this story confuses me - she asks if “they” are trying to silence her - who does she mean, drug enforcement agents or Hollywood elites or someone else?  Genuine question - I don’t get what the conspiracy would be.
Specifically those like Weinstein but also tangentially those that knew about him. While they may not have committed crimes or heinous acts, like Weinstein did, they may have been aware and complicit. It's career-ruining hopefully.

sublimeone said:

I did not know that they were perceived as being credible.

AAABatteries said:
The warrant issued back in february because she left drugs on a plane is to silence her from taking down hollywood, duh. 

In the fall of 2016, Harvey Weinstein set out to suppress allegations that he had sexually harassed or assaulted numerous women. He began to hire private security agencies to collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations. According to dozens of pages of documents, and seven people directly involved in the effort, the firms that Weinstein hired included Kroll, which is one of the world’s largest corporate-intelligence companies, and Black Cube, an enterprise run largely by former officers of Mossad and other Israeli intelligence agencies. Black Cube, which has branches in Tel Aviv, London, and Paris, offers its clients the skills of operatives “highly experienced and trained in Israel’s elite military and governmental intelligence units,” according to its literature.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/harvey-weinsteins-army-of-spies

Sounds like the shoe is getting ready to finally drop on the Louis C.K. stuff.
Wonder how many guys in Hollywood and/or politics are scared ####less at all the allegations coming out.  Some of this stuff, much of it, is from decades ago...imagine having that kind of baggage following you around and now being worried it's going to hit the fan and ruin you.  

Not that I have much sympathy for folks who assault others sexually, but I just imagine a large amount of drama going on in the lives of many folks.

Wonder how many guys in Hollywood and/or politics are scared ####less at all the allegations coming out.  Some of this stuff, much of it, is from decades ago...imagine having that kind of baggage following you around and now being worried it's going to hit the fan and ruin you.  

Not that I have much sympathy for folks who assault others sexually, but I just imagine a large amount of drama going on in the lives of many folks.
Kind of amazing it's taken this long with C.K.  Seems like everyone has already heard about it.  Much like everyone had heard a Kevin Spacey pesters a straight dude at a bar story.  

Kind of amazing it's taken this long with C.K.  Seems like everyone has already heard about it.  Much like everyone had heard a Kevin Spacey pesters a straight dude at a bar story.  
Seems like it's taken this long for many in the industry because there was no confidence anything would be done about it...just like O'Reilly, Weinstein, Trump and all the other powerful men who women have spoken out against in the past and nothing has happened.

Women, and men, are feeling emboldened now to tell their stories and there's an appetite in the public, at least for now, to believe them.

Seems like it's taken this long for many in the industry because there was no confidence anything would be done about it...just like O'Reilly, Weinstein, Trump and all the other powerful men who women have spoken out against in the past and nothing has happened.

Women, and men, are feeling emboldened now to tell their stories and there's an appetite in the public, at least for now, to believe them.
I get that.  But it's been longer than I'd expect just since the Weinstein story broke.  Both Pamela Adlon and Tig Notaro have been pretty open about him being a creep.  Stories have crept right up to the line of confirming it.  

And while Louis C.K. is probably powerful in the field of stand-up (where I guess he's kind of considered "the comic's comic."  He's not really an alpha start in the larger entertainment industry.  His stuff is critically beloved, but not super popular.  

adonis said:

:shrug:

cant we stay gender neutral on this ? I bet more than men are getting nervous 

and here's Andre' Balazs. 

he [allegedly] groped Jason Bateman's wife. Bateman was in "Horrible Bosses 2" along with Kevin Spacey, which was produced by Brett Ratner [eta: more specifically, Ratner's production company]. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest is Dreyfus. Which sucks but isn’t exactly a shock.  He has released this statement. 

I did flirt with her, and I remember trying to kiss Jessica as part of what I thought was a consensual seduction ritual that went on and on for many years. I am horrified and bewildered to discover that it wasn't consensual. I didn't get it. It makes me reassess every relationship I have ever thought was playful and mutual.

I think there’s a whoooole lot of that going on.  

Users who are viewing this thread